Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What shoes do you wear?

fimdash

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to come back here and post again in more detail because I really love footwear, and I wanted to discuss a couple things.  I thought about making a separate thread for it, but I'm always hesitant about doing that.  I'd rather find an existing, relevant thread so I don't inundate the forums with similar topics.

Since I started embracing the Rarity in me several years ago, I've gotten really into shoes.  I love 'em.  I should take a second to state that I'm male, but I love feminine styles of dress.  Most people would call me a crossdresser, which is fine, though I strongly advocate that there's technically no such thing.  Anyway, for a little while now, I've been wanting to get something off my chest.  (Keep in mind, this is just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend anyone who feels differently.)  I personally wish that society would simply eliminate the extremely high heel.  I'm talking about the six inch stiletto variety.  I really love a certain amount of heel, and I think it can be really attractive, but I will never understand the appeal of shoes like these:

42a14ac24ec654e5a490f34456c13c7a.jpg

Tips-to-Wearing-High-Heels-Right-For-Beg

We all know that heels like this are extremely dangerous, uncomfortable, and bad for basically every part of your body.  But to add to that, I don't understand why they're supposed to be attractive.  I think they're hideous.  Let me explain something: if your feet are contorted in an extremely unnatural and uncomfortable position, then it's not attractive.  If you have trouble walking, then it's not attractive.  If your doing damage to yourself and causing yourself pain, it's not attractive.

Okay, I'll admit, it looks on Vieras:

ffxii-balthier-and-fran-wallpaper-1280x1

But that's because the lore of Final Fantasy XII explains that the Viera race has differently shaped, more pointed feet than humans.  A contrivance, perhaps, due to the existence of the fashion heel in the our world, but still, this isn't a real person.  Her feet don't look painfully contorted because they're not, because she's a CG character.  On real humans, it looks terrible.  I wish it's something that would be done away with for the health hazards alone.  I understand that some women actually like wearing this kind of thing, but I feel bad for the women who think they have to be so uncomfortable in order to be attractive.  It's an unfair double standard, as usual.  I'm tempted to speak for all men and say that we don't find these kinds of heels attractive, but I know I can only speak for myself.  I just want to break the cycle.  I feel that stiletto heels warrant public criticism.  I actually don't like any variety of slim or spiked heels, even if they're low, just because they're so ridiculously non-functional to walk in.

That said, I stated earlier that I do in fact like some amount of heel, depending on the style of dress.  Really, there's no logical reason for any amount of heel, ever.  The healthiest option is to go barefoot, and failing that, barefoot sandals, and when more protection is need, just normal, flat, low-arched athletic shoes or hiking or work boots.  But there's no logical, survival based reason for much of what we do.  From a health perspective, candy and soda should not be consumed under any circumstances, period.  I'm not doin' that, either.  Pleasure and enjoyment count for something, and I love the way some moderate heels look and feel.  (Yes, I wear them.)  There's no reason that heels can't be part of a healthy lifestyle, just like candy in moderation.  Just remember to stretch out your gastrocnemii after use.

I love the look of moderately high, chunky heeled boots and sandals, the type that are still safe and easy enough to walk in and perfectly comfortable for a few hours out on the town.  But for me, the heels have to have a straight profile.  In other words, I hate the look of heels that taper or curve towards the front.  That just looks silly and dangerous to me.

Here's some examples of what I like:

post-26336-0-77170300-1465262093_thumb.jpg

I actually own all three of these, and I love them to pieces.  The boots on the right are as high as I will go on heels, but they're still fine to walk in.  I also have several fashionable, flat shoes, such as tall gladiator sandals, moccasins, and barefoot sandals.  Honestly, I'm nuts for shoes, and love having lots of different ones for different purposes and outfits.  I guess that's a classic stereotype of women, but I'm a hetero male, so it's not just women who like that sort of thing.

Anyway, that's my two bits on footwear.  That was fun.

(edited)

I prefer high heels or else sneekers..

Like these babies .. But they are really torn.. So I'm gonna have to throw them out soon /:post-38064-0-47242400-1465265233_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaraEH

I wear shoes that are a constant reminder that if there is a very good deal on a product, there is probably a reason, or that I walk too much. They are black, faux leather shoes that can pass as semi formal. They are Department 9, so I assumed they would be high quality, and they were only $15, so I couldn't say no to them. They seemed very nice at first, but in about a week the back started coming off of the shoe. After 2 months the bottom is literally falling out, so my feet poke out the bottom. At least they were cheap, so I can get a better pair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My option is both Skechers and Converse, because I do is what people (and you bronies) mostly wear the most. Skechers is what I'm talking about in the commercials a few years about special shoes, and Converse are the most common shoes they mostly wear in public. I previously worn Nike and Reebok in the few years.

Also, what I want in this topic is polls included for "which shoes are your favorite?", so I'll make another topic in this forum from this topic to include polls instead. The poll options in that new topic I'm going to make is Adidas, Converse, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, and the other.