Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your least favorite word?

Sugar Pea

I have a few actually...and these words make me just want to flip a table or something. >.>
I'll start off.

• Ratchet
  • YOLO (I will not not hesitate to track you down if this word comes out of your mouth. You won't have one anymore after that.... -.-)
  • SWAG
  • Words to inappropriate for this thread.
  • Fag, or "Faggot"
  • Retarded, or when people use "mentally retarded" as an insult. Do they have no shame?
  • [racism 1] (because it's a hate word, and I really dislike it when people misuse it to sound cool, or a complete SWAGFAG. Yes, I said it. I hate that word too, but there is no other way to describe them...)

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 7

you see I actually love inappropriate words because I find them to be really funny for some reason. Dunno why, either.

But you want to know what word pisses me off the most? Cocoa. Why? I don't know. I think it sounds really stupid but I can't put my finger on why. Close contenders include lunch, saying OJ instead of orange juice and, the one that almost really got the number one because I swear to god it sounds too retarded, panties!

• Brohoof 2

The overuse of the word hate for emotions, situations which are not even close to it.

YOLO (I will not not hesitate to track you down if this word comes out of your mouth. You won't have one anymore after that.... -.-)

That's what I wanted to post too. I empathize with you.

• Brohoof 1

​There are plenty of words I dislike. Let's see...

• Gay/Fag/Faggot/whatever immature insult people want to come up with.
  • Autism - I kinda feel hollow whenever it is brought up. I kind of take it seriously.
  • YOLO and SWAG - I do not need to explain.
  • Stupendous - because it sounds a bit like "stupid".
  • Any offensive swear words when taken up to extremes in usage.
  • Brohoof 1

-RANDOM- "CHEESE! oh i am so original and random." 

-BRO- people don't even use it sarcastically anymore, please stop, it's embarasing

-SWAG- childlike and insecure behaviour

-YOLO- yeah, you only live once, so why take risks like that and end up wasting it

-OWNED or PWNED- if you come with a legitimate argument to something and they come with a comeback like: "Yeah but i fucked your mom!" people will go "OOOOOOh ooooooowned!/poooooowwwwwwwwned!"

• Brohoof 1

mine would be a dutch one. "chemo gabber"

i have very short hair myself, almost bald even. and people tend to dislike that.

so they say i'm a chemo gabber. 

now the gabber part of that i have no problem with. it is a lifestyle i support and it is a great music genre.

now the chemo part on the other hand.

this relates to the disease cancer. and it basically means that they wish i would get cancer.

i hate that word

• Brohoof 1

You see, I'm not gonna jump at somebody for screaming "yoloswag" like some idiot.

What I DO mind is the word "retard" due to how offensive it is and how people misuse it.

I can get a bit defensive and get really angry when people make fun of people with autism, especially since my baby cousin has it.

Seriously, I think people shouldn't say "retard". If you want to say something, call them stupid or assholes. Or better yet, shut up if you have nothing good to say.

I feel almost the same way about "[racism 1]" but it's not really as offensive since now you might find people calling a black friend [racism 1], or a black friend calling anyone a [racism 1].

"Retard" can't be used like that.

I have one word, one god damn word I hate so much it's insane. Faculty. I don't need to give a reason why, I fucking hate that word to hell. I will hate it to my grave, and even further beyond.

As for yolo and shit like that, I used to hate it, but I use it all the time now, to simply piss my friends off because they hate it for no real good reason.

Oh, where do I begin?

• Gay
  • Retard
  • Faggot
  • Pansies
  • [racism 1]
  • Cracker
  • SWAG and YOLO

Those are the words, that I do hate. But, I wouldn't murder someone if they said those words. They are just words, that I despise.

• Brohoof 1

You see, I'm not gonna jump at somebody for screaming "yoloswag" like some idiot.

What I DO mind is the word "retard" due to how offensive it is and how people misuse it.

I can get a bit defensive and get really angry when people make fun of people with autism, especially since my baby cousin has it.

Seriously, I think people shouldn't say "retard". If you want to say something, call them stupid or assholes. Or better yet, shut up if you have nothing good to say.

I feel almost the same way about "[racism 1]" but it's not really as offensive since now you might find people calling a black friend [racism 1], or a black friend calling anyone a [racism 1].

"Retard" can't be used like that.

wowowowowowow slow down there

there's a BIG difference beetween "[racism 1]" and "nigga"

The former is offensive because it was historically used by white people to insult black people.

"nigga" is like saying "bro" to someone

but white people can't say that to black people because then it is racist

but if a black person calls a white person a "cracka" then it is totally ok because that is not racist at all

(sarcastic undertone)

wowowowowowow slow down there

there's a BIG difference beetween "[racism 1]" and "nigga"

The former is offensive because it was historically used by white people to insult black people.

"nigga" is like saying "bro" to someone

but white people can't say that to black people because then it is racist

but if a black person calls a white person a "cracka" then it is totally ok because that is not racist at all

(sarcastic undertone)

I know a few people who have been offended by it, as well as some people who have gotten into fights over it.

Seriously, a big reason why I dislike people saying it is mostly because I don't want them getting into trouble or anything.

Here is the one word that makes me want to fly off my chair in a fit of rage...

Literally. I literally went down a fellow's throat for misusing this word and toured the entire digestive system! Literally is so frequently misused it throws me into a bigger rage than "your" and "you're!" You can't literally die and type out your facebook status!

After all the misuse, it doesn't even sound right anymore when it's used in its proper context.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

I don't dislike any words in particular at least that I can think of but I do detest how certain words are terms are overused. I don't the overuse of swearing not because I find it offensive (my favorite word is the "f word") but because the words lose their power when overused and it sometimes get the point where you have to ask "have you ever heard of a dictionary?" I am even more annoyed at the overuse of phrases that are used to certain certain words are terms like LOL and YOLO, the occasional use of them is okay but when people type out entire sentences like "OMG I like totally LOLd at this latest reality show I mean YOLO."

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Oh, I have a few

• Gay-It makes no sense. "That movie is gay!"...so the movie is happy...what?
  • Fag-"You're fag!"...no good sir, I am not a bundle of sticks
  • Nigga/[racism 1]-They both sound equally stupid and offensive to me. "Nigga" also sounds kind of lame to me.
  • Cracker/Cracka/Whitey-They all just seem so unoriginal, and boring, in my opinion anyways.
  • Most swear words-I admit, I could swear a little less. I find that swearing a lot seems to lead to more swearing, which makes you just look flat out stupid.

I don't hate any words. They don't have any objective meanings and can be used however people want, offensively or not. It's the people who say it that are the problem.

That being said, the word moist just sounds wrong.

Edited by Foreigner and Lover

Simpler and Ginormous - Mainly for the reason that they sound like words that are made up.

Actually - Because I actually end up actually putting it in almost every space in my actual sentences actually.

Hater - I don't know, it just sounds really immature and condescending.. Especially when all the Beliebers on Twitter keep using it.

• Brohoof 2

Troll - I LOVE the meme, but since my family and friends have heard of it now, they say stuff like ' TROLLED! ' in the most stupid situations possible. -_-

Gullible - It sounds stupid.

I hate the usual "YOLO" and "SWAG", which currently mean nothing at all, people just scream these words everywhere to feel intelligent...

The other thing is "Mc" or "Mac". I feel so stupid when I say "Big Mac" or "Mc Nuggets" that I always take the quarter pound. Seriously, it's useless and feel terribly stupid. So these kinds of things, I hate them.

I hate all the words that are useless and stupid, but everyone says because it's "cool". -_-

• Brohoof 1

Hipster- It is overused and really has no purpose in even existing.

Hater- Same as hipster

I don't hate many words.  I just don't understand the reason people still use those two.  

Sue, as in Mary Sue, it is used way too much and I have come to hate its use... especially since it is mostly used for any character someone does not like or it would seem that for a character not to be a Sue they have to be completely normal and with more flaws then strengths.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Probably like everyone else here--

YOLO and SWAG.

They're so frequently used that I hate it now. This is why:

YOLO - Yeah, you only live once so it's perfectly okay to rob a bank.

SWAG I will hunt you down if you use that word. *Gets pillow ready*

Any other cuss word. - Pretty self explanatory.

• Brohoof 1

I hate all the usual words, but one word I cannot stand to say is "chunk". It just feels so unpleasant saying it. Chunk...eugh. I also hate rude words, like retard, gay (when used as insult), etc.. But, chunk...