Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your LEAST favorite pony and why?

Lucky Bolt

We all have that one character/pony (or more than one) that we dislike. Discuss why you don’t like them here (but please do not argue with other users! This is just a place where we can discuss our opinions of characters we aren’t fond of in a civilized manner).

For me, it is Spitfire, Celestia and Luna, and Tempest Shadow. They are all extremely overrated in my personal opinion. Also, I just find Spitfire’s bossy bi**h attitude annoying lol.

• Brohoof 5

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bells said:

Also, I just find Spitfire’s bossy bi**h attitude annoying lol.

With you there, sis. Spitfire's supposed to be a hardass, top-gun style drill sergeant, but she's utterly incompetent and the... eh... hardass-ness has to be toned back because it's a kid's show. All that really amounts to is basically a bossy twerp who gets her team into trouble.

Don't like her. :v

I wouldn't say that I hate her, but I moderately dislike Spoiled Rich, since she's kind of a jerk. If we had a moment where she showed some decency, maybe it wouldn't be as glaring, but I don't believe that ever actually happened.

• Brohoof 2

Applejack and Rarity. I just never liked them because they’re just not that interesting really!

Rarity is overrated, annoying and a total drama queen and Applejack just isn’t interesting to me.

Definitely my least favorite ponies.

Edited by DivineCheer1000
  • Brohoof 2

Of the Mane 6? Rainbow Dash. She has some great moments but there are also episodes in which she just makes me cringe so much. She's too arrogant.

Of everypony else? Sandbar. I'm really not a fan, they could have given him so much more personality like they did for Gallus but instead I feel like he's just kind of there so they can say one of the Student 6 is a pony. He's just plain boring, they should have used Cozy Glow as the lone pony in the group.

• Brohoof 3

The only ponies I don't like are background characters. I hate the student six, but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be Yona. She's just so damn annoying. She's like Pinkie Pie, except with everything good about her replaced by an obnoxious nature.

• Brohoof 2

Least favorite main character: Rainbow Dash

Least favorite member of royalty: Flurry Heart 

Least favorites of the Cutie Mark Crusaders: Scootaloo and Babs Seed

Least favorite villain: Cozy Glow

Least favorite of the student six: Yona

Least favorite creatures: Parasprites, Breezies, Maulwurfs, and Bufogrens

Least favorite inanimate and in-verse fictional characters: Bloomberg, Smarty Pants, and Boulder

Least favorite celebrity: Daring Do

Least favorite background character: Derpy

Least favorite 2017 movie characters: Grubber and Princess Skystar

Random characters I dislike: Granny Smith, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Marble Pie, Snips, Snails, Pipsqueak, Featherweight, Quibble Pants, Wind Sprint, Sugar Belle, Tree Hugger, Cranky Doodle Donkey, and Zipporwhill

• Brohoof 2

There's a few ponies I can't stand, a couple at the bottom of the barrel being Rockhoof and Zephyr Breeze. Zephyr's not fun, he's not funny, he's just flat out annoying and useless. Rockhoof... well it's not his fault. He's just the mechanism the writers used to show they were not only out of ideas, but also just didn't care about quality or continuity anymore.

Oh, and let's not forget the very bottom, so very far below second place, that infernal candy horse (not Pinkie).

• Brohoof 2

Siri Polomare. Always despised her. Based on one of the worst kinds of people to ever exist.

Smiles to your face and then knowingly, consciously stabs you in the back when you turn away. And then tries to justify themselves as “that’s just how the world works”, that you had it coming for trusting them, and dares to suggest you should be more like them, wishing to drag all of the people around them into the muck, grime, and mire they wallow in.

My feelings simmered down over the years since she appeared, but yeah, still dislike her.

Spoiled Rich is pretty bad too, but she felt like such a parody that it was hard to take her scumminess seriously. That said, she was still a grown mare calling little fillies “blank flanks”. That’s like an adult human woman calling a preteen girl a “washboard” and looking down her nose at her for it.

Can you IMAGINE a person like that? “Ugh, your adult body hasn’t filled out yet? Don’t speak to me, wretched child.”

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 4

44 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Least favorite celebrity: Daring Do

GAAAAAAASP!! Ven... how dare?? :eww:

And least favorite celeb? When ponies like Zesty Gourmand exist?

(I’m over exaggerating, fyi... XD)

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, applesjck said:

I’m really not a fan of Zephyr Breeze, for obvious reasons. :adorkable:

He's relatable to me. I love him for showing me how I shouldn't let my fear of failure keep me from reaching my goals.

I can understand people not liking his obnoxious behavior, but ignoring his fear of failure side that a lot of people can relate to would be a disappointment. As long as a character shows some good, it wouldn't be fair to completely hate on the character.

Anyway, I think a far worst character would be Svengallop for taking advantage of stars by making promises and going behind their backs such as claiming he's doing things for children charity but then cancel behind their client's back. Zephyr doesn't do that. Being insensitive to others and making up excuses is one thing, but at least he's more honest about his bad side than other ponies who try to hide their nasty side behind a caring facade. What Svengallop did was worse than Zephyr

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Will Guide said:

He's relatable to me. I love him for showing me how I shouldn't let my fear of failure keep me from reaching my goals.

I can understand people not liking his obnoxious behavior, but ignoring his fear of failure side that a lot of people can relate to would be a disappointment. As long as a character shows some good, it wouldn't be fair to completely hate on the character.

Anyway, I think a far worst character would be Svengallop for taking advantage of stars by making promises and going behind their backs such as claiming he's doing things for children charity but then cancel behind their client's back. Zephyr doesn't do that. Beinh insensitive to others and making up excuses is one thing. But what Svengallop did was worse than Zephyr

I totally get what you mean!! I think his obnoxious personality is what makes me feel so bleh about him. I don’t hate him 100%, just not a fan. :worry:

I agree with you on the Svengallop part, though. He’s through and through awful!! 

• Brohoof 3

55 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Zephyr's not fun, he's not funny, he's just flat out annoying and useless

Can someone delete this quoted box. It's not working

Also, Cozy Glow was a terrible pony who tried to kill our heroes and showed no regret for her actions unlike Starlight who regretted many things. And just because she's a filly, that doesn't excuse her from her ultimate punishment.

Some time before the last season I would've said Maude Pie. Her 'non-humor' humor didn't appeal very much to me, but my opinion changed on her.

This cartoon did so well with it's characters that I have a hard time finding one I don't like in one way or another.

Star Swirl's friends kinda rubbed me off the wrong way.

19 hours ago, DivineCheer1000 said:

Rarity is overrated, annoying and a total drama queen

3USgt2g.gif

Someone had to say it. To clarify I like Rarity a lot(to the point she's top 5 pony) but I always hated the blatant favoritism some people on the staff had towards her in both the show and the comics, to the point other characters wound up either neglected or mistreated as a result, especially during Haber's run as story editor. Seriously, the show during the second half of its run really suffered from some real bullshit character bias, similar to IDW's early run

As for my answer to the question, it's Zephyr as a person(Cinch if we're including Equestria Girls), for characters I just got sick of it's probably Maud and the Student Six

Edited by Jefferson Steelflex
  • Brohoof 1

The duo of Coconut Cream and Toola-Roola. After stereotyping the hell out of both adults and kids through quarter-dimensional stereotypes, they plug in two characters attempted to represent the primary demographic, despite having as little authentic personality as the “fans” themselves. What makes Coconut and Toola worse, however, is what they represent: they’re tokens. Used to tell young girls with less-than-minimal effort moments after vilifying them all episode long.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I have to admit that the Student Six never really clicked for me. They were just poorly developed stereotypes that were, more often than not, used purely to push some meager aesop or moral that previous episodes had already done better. Most of that probably has to do with them being introduced so late, but then that just makes me think they shouldn't have bothered with them at all, or given them more minor roles while having the Mane Six or already established characters build their development.

As for Zephyr Breeze... ugh. I realize what they were trying to do with him, but his whole personality, his way of approaching things and the fact that he goes out of his way to make life difficult for others because of his own selfishness is frankly reprehensible. He's a great example of how not to grow up.

Finally, and this one isn't technically a Pony, but I'm of the opinion that Equestria would be far better off if Discord was encased back into stone permanently. :sealed:

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie.

Too little common sense / doesn't know when to shut up

Other then her, maybe some kind of background pony like Spoiled Rich

Spoiler

For real though, I actually hate the Cake Twins. Call me evil if you want, but I honestly despise babies in general. Flurry Heart is okay because she at least does things and seems to be kinda funny, the cake twins just exist to be babies...and...that's it.