Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Xbox One

Batbrony

I'm gonna bring back AlphaOmegaSin to this topic: Apparently there are fans that want to bring the restrictions back

This seriously cannot be real

Has there been any announcements about the whole only steam games thing? I am wondering it's just that Xbox one just sucks the fact only streaming games rule.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like..maybe I've been too harsh on Xbox One. That's not to say I am going to get one on launch day though. We'll see probably about 2 years down the line.

Still not impressed. Sorry Microsoft. ._.

Me and my cousin both agree: the only things that would seal the deal with me buying a One is hardware-based backwards compatibility, downloadable mods, and a price drop. Seeing as the lattermost one is the most likely, albeit in the long run, I'll wait another few years to buy it so I can play Halo 5 and 6, or whenever they come out.

While Microsoft DID made changes... needless to say, Microsoft still needs to remove some of the things such as the TV settings. No offense, but why watch a TV on the Xbox One if you already own a TV with numerous channels to choose from, compared to the Xbox One's? The Xbox One is supposed to be a game console designed for games, not for television channels to watch. Again no offense. I still think Microsoft has a long way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Microsoft really hit the gas after shifting in reverse.  Not only did they undo all that DRM nonsense, but the Kinect is no longer mandatory for the console.  Now I am still unprepared to give the console a chance, but I wouldn't chastise anyone for doing so.  I am willing to recommend it to anyone who likes the exclusives for it, but I'll recommend anything else over it.  I would be willing to buy it, but not for $500.

Microsoft may have changed things, but they still tried to force all this crap on us.  I'm not going to let go of that easily.  Trust is easy to destroy, but it takes time to build.  And even longer to rebuild.

• Brohoof 4

Actually, 500 dollars for a console with all the specs inside of it isn't really that bad. When you take a man who loves PC's and point out the different stuff inside, usually it turns out to be worth it. From what I read in the Xbox one, an AMD custom 8 core cpu (probably taken from the FX Vishera-8120), 500GB hard drive, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and AMD Radeon HD GPU would be more then worth it just to buy for parts.

Anyway, having Microsoft rearrange a lot of things and make the Kinect not mandatory anymore would be fine by me. I never took interest to the Kinect since it still had that flaw of being a movement sensor with only a limited range and capability.

• Brohoof 1

I never really cared for the Kinect since, it was just Microsoft's cheap marketing cash cow to get people to buy a motion sensor to play games on. I would just rather buy the Xbox One without the Kinect, since Microsoft's trust isn't really that strong.

The fact that Microsoft was arrogant to try to pull that stuff on us in the first place was enough to turn me off of Xbox stuff for the near future. But, as you said, what's going on now is going on now, and I won't hold it against anyone to buy an XBone now. Provided Microsoft doesn't try to screw us over again.

• Brohoof 1

I have been with Xbox since the first console came out.. i could have lived with all the DRM and online required crap.. since i dont trade my games often, and i have reliable internet..

but Im sticking with Xbox till the end, PS4 was just a immature BS.. "Oh they did this? well heres what we're doing instead! LOVE US!!!"

As i said, im loyal to Xbox.. everyone who jumped ship is just disloyal and unwilling to wait out the storm

• Brohoof 1

I don't care what Microsoft does anymore, honestly. They lost all of my respect and plenty of others as well. Forcing all of these dumb decisions on us. It's good that they are taking the bad away, but they lost lots of trust and lots of fans. That's what they get for being so arrogant.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, 500 dollars for a console with all the specs inside of it isn't really that bad. When you take a man who loves PC's and point out the different stuff inside, usually it turns out to be worth it. From what I read in the Xbox one, an AMD custom 8 core cpu (probably taken from the FX Vishera-8120), 500GB hard drive, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, and AMD Radeon HD GPU would be more then worth it just to buy for parts.

Anyway, having Microsoft rearrange a lot of things and make the Kinect not mandatory anymore would be fine by me. I never took interest to the Kinect since it still had that flaw of being a movement sensor with only a limited range and capability.

By the way the specs on the Xbox one only valuate to around a £300 gaming pc.AMD is built for budget therefore it's 8 core will not be as expensive as you may expect,a 500gb hard drive is average standard,4GB of DDR3 RAM is ok and the AmD radeon GPU is actually quite weak.
  • Brohoof 1

By the way the specs on the Xbox one only valuate to around a £300 gaming pc.AMD is built for budget therefore it's 8 core will not be as expensive as you may expect,a 500gb hard drive is average standard,4GB of DDR3 RAM is ok and the AmD radeon GPU is actually quite weak.

Figured the GPU isn't powerful. Anyway for $500 dollars comes to 374 euros, so you would basically be paying the rest for the operating system, features, and all the other internal specs inside. ( like motherboard, power supply yadda yadda )

Like I said, still would be pretty much worth it.

Figured the GPU isn't powerful. Anyway for $500 dollars comes to 374 euros, so you would basically be paying the rest for the operating system, features, and all the other internal specs inside. ( like motherboard, power supply yadda yadda )

Like I said, still would be pretty much worth it.

Then people have a choice go for the gaming pc or Xbox one at similar price for similar quality materials.It all comes down to the little things like the community,exclusives and the range of things you can do on both.

"Oh they did this? well heres what we're doing instead! LOVE US!!!"

HA! thats funny considering that Micro$oft did JUST THAT the moment they realized they were on a 8 to 1 proportion on Amazon pre-sales. Also I dont know if you understand how the industry works but the fact that Microsoft had a DRM policy was an Industrial secret. Competitors dont go telling their opposition what key "features" they are going to offer to the market. Sony did not planned over no DRM because M$ did and let me tell you that a complete business model and infrastructure over a product like the XBone cant be changed in 4 months. That kind of stuff takes years to be planed and to be executed M$ most likely will change back to the original plan sooner or later.

• Brohoof 2

Then people have a choice go for the gaming pc or Xbox one at similar price for similar quality materials.It all comes down to the little things like the community,exclusives and the range of things you can do on both.

Pretty much.

If I could get an Xbox one and fit a Windows 7 installed hard drive on, I would use it like an entertainment/daily computer while having a gaming desktop beside it for gaming :3

Edited by Baby Sirius

I am no tech wizard or anything, but as far as I know, the PS4 is technically more powerful than the One, with better ram and I think some other things. My main problem with the price, is that Kinect is bloating it by $100. The PS4 is more powerful yet comes in at $100 cheaper. I for one have no interest in Kinect 2.0 because the first one was such a disappointment. Mainly, it should just be completely optional.

I give MS props for actually reversing all of this crap, but those were some pretty terrible decisions to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

I was probably not going to get the Xbox one even before that controversy because I prefer the Sony exclusives over Microsofts but even though they reversed their decision the way they went about making that decision with their "this is the way it is and if you don't like go to hell" approach that has made it even less likely for me to get one.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's cool that Microsoft is turning things around with their console, but the fact remains that they would have forced all that crap on us if they could, and that's enough to prove they can't be trusted. Hell, the 360 was enough to prove that. I won't buy any console they make. They've got enough customers.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I think they need some "punishment" for trying to push that crap on us. PS4 does also have a few problems so I will stick with PC, IF i should have one I would choose ps4 or wait with buying xbox one late when the price falls a bit. Trying to push on stuff is just mean agaist fans. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I am no tech wizard or anything, but as far as I know, the PS4 is technically more powerful than the One, with better ram and I think some other things. My main problem with the price, is that Kinect is bloating it by $100. The PS4 is more powerful yet comes in at $100 cheaper. I for one have no interest in Kinect 2.0 because the first one was such a disappointment. Mainly, it should just be completely optional.

I give MS props for actually reversing all of this crap, but those were some pretty terrible decisions to begin with.

I'd agree with you, since Sony has usually put better stuff inside their playstation compared to the xbox. I would also buy the PS4 and convert it into a win 7 computer to compare it with the Xbox one :3

One thing I don't get: if Kinect is no longer mandatory, why are they still bundling it? Hardly anyone wants it, and I'm pretty sure the price will drop by at least $100 if they took it out

One thing I don't get: if Kinect is no longer mandatory, why are they still bundling it? Hardly anyone wants it, and I'm pretty sure the price will drop by at least $100 if they took it out

That is correct. If the Kinect were completely dropped from Xbox One sales, its price would be 400 dollars - exactly the same as the PS4. Maybe then we'd actually have a choice to make - that is, unless you had access to the internet, or a television...or were breathing. Then the obvious choice as far as company goes is still the PS4.

Now, to give my opinion on the matter...

Microsoft did an incredibly stupid thing when they attempted to control the playerbase after they made their game purchases. Nobody liked it when EA did it with their online passes and all that bullshit, and nobody likes it now. They tried to stand their ground and throw their weight around by saying "If you don't like it, stick with your Xbox 360, you plebs." They lost the trust of millions, and their copious backpedaling proves it. But the damage is done.

Even then, the reversion of the DRMs is simply a patch on the software disabling them, or so I've heard. Who is to say that they won't simply remove that patch once we've all given the Xbox One a fighting chance for a year? After the stunts they tried to pull, and the trust they threw out the window of a 20 story building, I don't want to be caught in some shady bullshit again. Sorry, Microsoft. You thought you were the bully on the block, but it turns out you're still as dependent on us as ever.

Im sticking with Xbox till the end, PS4 was just a immature BS.. "Oh they did this? well heres what we're doing instead! LOVE US!!!"

... :blink:

Sure, whatever.  Keep telling yourself that.

To be honest I think they need some "punishment" for trying to push that crap on us.

Oh they will.  With the massive stand against the Xbox One even now, it will not sell well after the initial rush.

1367571691726.png