mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

Because I'm a huge fan of the classic Weather Channel weather icons, and it's the time of the year where we see thunderstorms. Seemed like a good choice at the time.

"Never give up, because you can't succeed if you don't even try." - Personal Motto

"Anything worth doing has risks. Believe me, this is worth doing." Hortense-Guardians of Ga'Hoole book 2
:umad::yeahno::fiery::wub::ph34r::fluttershy::squee::sealed::yay::icwudt::pinkie::okiedokieloki:^_^:adorkable::love::orly::sunbutt::D:unamused::rarity::mellow:

I guess the answer is obvious, cause it's me, and my avie is usually a picture of me (pony) wherever I am sooo. Nothing too spectacular reason wise.

Plus I think he did a really good job with the pixelly animation, it's a cute walking me.

• Brohoof 1

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

It matches up with my username.

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

• 6 months later...

Because Rohan is my favorite Jojo’s character and he always make the best expression. 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

• 2 weeks later...

I love Mistmane, that’s why. ^^

Edited by TheRockARooster

TheRockARooster_SIG_1.png.ba26e8cf0dd0c6bbe959a996859ff0ad.png

sig by @Kyoshi

I commissioned someone over Discord to make a physical Con Badge for me that I'd pick up at Ciderfest this year, especially so since I wanted some actual artwork of Virdia / my new main OC. Got the badge at the con, loved how cute it looked, and decided to share it with everyone by scanning to my PC and making it my PFP ^w^

tl;dr - I wanted to share art of my OC / not have it be some generic Godzilla derp face anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Just before getting into MLP, I used to be more active in the Metroid fanbase. My screen name was Remnants and my avatar of choice for the longest time was Ridley -- this one specifically:

267411490_NeoRidleyAvatar.png.2e55fee3f60d9c86b3f5f4c8dd27ddc0.png

Those who played Metroid Fusion will recognize this sprite.

This has been the online persona I took on before I got into MLP. A persona I've somewhat returned to.

What makes this current avatar even more special to me is the fact that my girlfriend made it.

• Brohoof 1

I was looking for some intersting shots of Boboiboy Halilintar and paused at the right moment to get this and thought it was a cool shot.

Comic Sans Is Awesomer Than You Think

Bersama Kita Berjuang, Bersama Kita Tentukan Masa Hadapan, Kita Masih Di Sini

1604092588_MelasianSignature.jpg.7ca20b2cab388acb633225062572aad0.jpg.59d40d31e18056d01526730d3f1141ed.jpg

I was already missing before the night I left, Me and my shadow and my regrets, Who am I? Invisible

𝓚𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓕𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓤𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵, 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓐𝓻𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓲𝓵𝓵, 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓗𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂

Because I like Twilight.

Why this specific picture? I wanted one that looked like the show and did not have Twilight facing straight towards the "camera"  because pony faces look a bit weird to me from that angle. Then the picture had to be square to avoid letterboxing or pillarboxing.

Before I wanted to use an OC from a fanfic, but could not find a useable picture of her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love pokemon

Marnie is cool. I love her style.

Plus she uses this adorable lil pokemon

morpeko_full_belly_hangry_modes_fanart.j

I’ll probably try to find a better icon of her to use later on

• Brohoof 2

Untitled.jpg.dc23eadfbda4ab52e60143e3d8efe756.jpg
*On Wednesdays We Wear Pink And Betray The Organization*

Because I found it looking around and why not use my actual original avatar from my original account? :P I guess a random time is as good as any to have a commemoration of my 6 and a half years of time here. Within which I've amassed over 9000 posts now. :twismile:

Edited by Le Angel Dust
  • Brohoof 1