Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I guess the answer is obvious, cause it's me, and my avie is usually a picture of me (pony) wherever I am sooo. Nothing too spectacular reason wise.

Plus I think he did a really good job with the pixelly animation, it's a cute walking me.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I commissioned someone over Discord to make a physical Con Badge for me that I'd pick up at Ciderfest this year, especially so since I wanted some actual artwork of Virdia / my new main OC. Got the badge at the con, loved how cute it looked, and decided to share it with everyone by scanning to my PC and making it my PFP ^w^

tl;dr - I wanted to share art of my OC / not have it be some generic Godzilla derp face anymore.

• Brohoof 1

Just before getting into MLP, I used to be more active in the Metroid fanbase. My screen name was Remnants and my avatar of choice for the longest time was Ridley -- this one specifically:

267411490_NeoRidleyAvatar.png.2e55fee3f60d9c86b3f5f4c8dd27ddc0.png

Those who played Metroid Fusion will recognize this sprite.

This has been the online persona I took on before I got into MLP. A persona I've somewhat returned to.

What makes this current avatar even more special to me is the fact that my girlfriend made it.

• Brohoof 1

Because I like Twilight.

Why this specific picture? I wanted one that looked like the show and did not have Twilight facing straight towards the "camera"  because pony faces look a bit weird to me from that angle. Then the picture had to be square to avoid letterboxing or pillarboxing.

Before I wanted to use an OC from a fanfic, but could not find a useable picture of her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...