Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think Button's Mom's name should be?

Blue Moon

Okay, a lot of you have probably seen the fan animation "Button's Adventures," and have probably noticed how popular Button's Mom has gotten.

(If you haven't seen the animation, here is a link: http://youtu.be/S2VhC1QF7ww )

Anyway, she has yet to be given an official name by the creator, so I thought it might be fun to think of name ideas for her. Post below what name you think might be nice for her character.

• Brohoof 3

The two most common names I have heard for her are Milano and Love Tap, Milano is a nice name but whenever I hear it I can't help but think of cookies which I don't see would really apply to her. Love Tap is a great name and complements her son Button Mash's name quite well.

Probably Love Button, or something.

Well, Love Button would certainly fit with...most...of the content being produced about her.

I'M KIDDING DON'T MURDER ME

I like Love Tap more than Milano, honestly. 

• Brohoof 7

Milano is Italian, and I don't think Button's Mom is Italian. 

Love Tap sounds much better. 

Sooner or later we will have someone who would want to call her Firenze. 

Hotty Totty....because...ya know...she's hawt.
Honestly, I don't think she should have a name...not yet at least.  I think she should remain Button's Mum....because...ya know....she's hawt.

• Brohoof 3

Ooh, yeah I like the name Love Tap that's adorable. Milano sounds weird in my opinion and it reminds me of cookies too.

I also think something like Caramel Heart or Caramel Soy would be nice. I dunno I just think Soy should be in the name.

Also names like Demeter, Bast, Frea/Frigga and other names that have to do with nurturing and caring for children. Seeing that her cutie mark is a heart and a bottle of milk.

Edited by DarligPegasi

You could also go with Brighd, Ceres, Frigg, or Epona if one is going down that route. Although I would express grave misgivings if one was to name her after a Deity.

Hmm... I think a good name for Button's Mom would have to stem from her cutie mark which is a bottle and a heart so maybe Tender Love? Or Tender Heart? (That's a name for a Carebear I think isn't it?) It's sort of hard to think of a name. If she was just called Button's Mom I would be happy ,but that wouldn't fit with her cutie mark very well.

The best name at the top of my name is Linda.

I'd say Linda would actually fit her really nice too as a possible name. It just seems to really click well with her for some reason. She kind of looks like a Linda too I guess. :P

But Love Tap also sounds pretty unique and good as a name too. Love Tap and Button Mash. I like the sound of that. :P

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I got it! I am a genious!

She should be named....

Controller...

Get it? Because shes buttons mom... and she... controls him...? And because buttons go on a controller?

no...?

Well i tried ;p.

• Brohoof 1

Here's a question why is everyone saying she loves video games? I mean the Pong system was in the attic, and she did say that "that was a game she played when she was Buttons age." I just think if she was as much of a gamer as some people think she'd have something a little more current, no?

I think a name going with how caring and loving she was works better.

Since the series is obviously going to be about Button Mash and his adventures, she shouldn't be named and should simply stay "Button's mom". Like Calvin and Hobbes, where they never gave the names of the parents, because the strip was told from Calvin's perspective. They were simply Mom and Dad to him, and so...

• Brohoof 1

AH HAH!

What about Joystick? Related to gaming consoles, and the first part of her name somewhat fits her cutie mark. It somewhat compromises with some people's differentiating views. <insert genius instant thought here>

• 6 months later...

To be honest, I like cookies a lot, so Milano (Which I guess is a cookie) is my favorite name. Plus I kinda think it's a pretty name.

Does it matter now, really?

She doesn't exist anymore...

In a animation named "Ponies Please" (obviously a parody of "Papers, Please.") by tiarawhy (yes, the infamous r34 animator)  called her "MIlky Sweet" if I do recall correctly. I like that name. Since the cutie marks somehow connect with the name in a way, i'd assume she'd be milky sweet. MIlks in the mark man.

• Brohoof 1

Bottle Feeder

Cozy Blanket

Milk F.

Loving Hooves

I dunno, I'm not very good at coming up with names. It took forever to name my OC, Silver Wing (who is still in development). Honestly, I'm proud for coming up with the name "Silver Wing". I looked it up to see if the name was already taken, but I found nothing!

• 1 year later...