Ninja Derpy

Rule 63'd  

305 users have voted

1. 1. Are you ok with Rule 63?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

da quack..? this is stupid lol....

make your own characters and stop desecrating other people's creations by filling up the internet with this weird rule# whatever bs

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have problems with any of the internet rules

I will say though that I always have the impression that r63 was to accommodate r34s who felt uncomfortable jacking off to the same/opposite sex

(edited)

My initial reaction to this thread was "WTH is Rule 63? :wacko:" (I'm still a bit rusty with Internet memes); 5 minutes later, after an... educational search, I decided that, now, I was mentally prepared to view this thread... but then I saw ALL of the Rule 63 pictures, and, well, then I was all like...

:blink: ... followed by...

:o ... then...

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHv9acm3fF0[/media]

... and finally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1kqtYlUpk4

NOW LEAVE ME ALONE TO CRY IN MY CORNER!!! WAHHHHHHH!!! :(

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I don't mind it at all. :)

I think you're taking it too personally. It's well-drawn. Not how I would view them, but everyone is entitled to their own views when it comes to R63 and/or humanizing.

Edited by Harper

• 4 months later...

In the past, I've hated Rule 63. In the Sonic fandom and Naruto fandom, I couldn't stand it. Like what Ary said pages back, it felt like nothing but an excuse to sexual characters.

But I don't know, with the Mane Six I've seen a lot of art, read a few fanfics, and most of all, seen a lot of the

. All of these mediums actually try to give the characters the proper male personality of the female ones we all know and love. Something I'd expect from this great fandom, anyway. So I guess I'm perfectly fine with it, seeing as how they aren't just an excuse to sexualize the character, like what Rule 63 is used for almost exclusively in other fandoms. I like all the designs of the characters in male form, I like all the name choices, and I think it's rather interesting to see what kind of situations the characters are put into in art and fan fiction.

Posted Image

Protip before you ask: Colt is a brand of firearms
  • Brohoof 4

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

In other words...

NOOOOOO, GOD. NO GOD PLEASE NO. NOO. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bolded, italicized, and underlined!

Seriously, I strongly dislike it. Keep the heroines heroines, guys. We barely have any; Mario, Sonic, Kirby etc. are all male heroes. And Samus isn't even that famous. I don't like their colt designs at all.

Come at meh~ Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with Clarity.

THE HORROR!

I'm ok with it but I just don't wanna see it anymore. XD

It's just...plain weird. IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT! D:

Just no. XD

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

yeah i'm OK with it can't say I like but i like it more then the people who go over the top about these kinds of thing so i guess that stands for something.

rule 63 + rule 34 = NO GOD NO

Seriously, I strongly dislike it. Keep the heroines heroines, guys. We barely have any; Mario, Sonic, Kirby etc. are all male heroes. And Samus isn't even that famous. I don't like their colt designs at all.

Come at meh~

You do realize that Rule 63 also goes the other way, making heroes into heroines? I think that happens even more than female to male.

But yea I'm totally fine with Rule 63, it can be fun to see how the characters are made when their gender is flipped. I don't have a problem with humanizations either because of the same reason; It can be fun to see how the characters look like as humans.

First things' first, no I'm not okay with the OP's picture :U Those human interpretations are horrible. Human ponies are okay usually in my book, but those ones suck.

In the past, I've hated Rule 63. In the Sonic fandom and Naruto fandom, I couldn't stand it. Like what Ary said pages back, it felt like nothing but an excuse to sexual characters.

But I don't know, with the Mane Six I've seen a lot of art and read a few fanfics, and all of them actually try to give the characters the proper male personality of the female ones we all know and love. Something I'd expect from this great fandom, anyway. So I guess I'm perfectly fine with it, seeing as how they aren't just an excuse to sexualize the character, like what Rule 63 is used for almost exclusively in other fandoms. I like all the designs of the characters in male form, I like all the name choices, and I think it's rather interesting to see what kind of situations the characters are put into in art and fan fiction.

Posted Image

Protip before you ask: Colt is a brand of firearms

Dang man, talk about resurrecting an old thread! It'd been so long since I first posted in this thread that I'd actually forgotten by this time what Rule 63 was; thanks for resurrecting my old nightmares. ;)

Now, you bring up some good points. I definitely give credit that, it seems that most instances of Rule 63 in this fandom, from what you've said, are not just instances of sexualizing the characters, but rather legitimate attempts to create new and unique scenarios. This actually even got me thinking of a hilarious scenario that could actually work in the show, where the show's creators could actually apply Rule 63 in an episode by having Discord, when he returns, troll the Mane 6 by turning them into stallions! Heck, he could do this gender swapping for all of Equestria!!! Celestia knows it would be terrifying, hilarious, and chaotic enough to meet his standards, and could actually make for a pretty funny but also unique episode. :lol:

However, aside from that particular instance that I mentioned, I still don't like Rule 63 in this fandom; mind you, it has nothing to do with sexualizing the characters, because as I already admitted based on what you said, it doesn't seem that that's why it's usually done. It's just I don't like Rule 63 that much, and really don't see the purpose or need for it.

Finally, that humanized Rule 63 pic that the OP posted is as terrifying as it was 5 months ago, and now I'll have to spend another 5 months forgetting about it and hoping to Celestia that it doesn't stay burned in my memory. :unsure: Wish me luck everypony. I'm gonna go back to my corner now and cry some more. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1kqtYlUpk4&feature=related

Woah, I'm getting the weirdest feeling of deja vu. :ph34r:

Edited by Batbrony

I'm not a fan of humanized stuff really, but I've read a few rule 63 fanfics and enjoyed them well enough. I would never want the show to be that way and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of how they look as colts (although drawings of how they'd look are generally well done). If it's just for a fanfic then I think it's fine, heck, On a Cross and Arrow is one of my favorite fics

I adore both humanizations and Rule 63. Both require some imagination on the artist's part. I will say, though, I'm not a big fan of the popular male versions of the Mane 6, Discord, and the princesses personally. They're cute, but I kind of wish people wouldn't restrict themselves to just those designs. And Eris bugs me in particular because she looks WAY too young to be Discord...and her character is portrayed as a huge flirt, which to me says that in order to be a female villain, Discord has to be young and sexy. Bleugh. I'd love to see a fem!Discord that's just as cunning and childish as the original. And, y'know old.

I'm really not sure why people are saying the humanizations in the first post suck...I thought they were very well drawn. Fluttershy and Pinkie are just PRECIOUS lookin'~ I think it might have looked better if they gave them more natural hair colors, though.

• Brohoof 1

I tolerate Rule 63, but I don't really like it.

It's the same with Rule 34, and shipping. I tolerate it, but I don't really like it.

Humanization's ok, I guess. When I see humanization, I don't think much of it.

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

humanized r63 = mehhhhhh

legit r63 = actually decent

Let me find a better picture

Posted Image

Now that R63 I can deal with it. I actually like it. But R63 Humanized. I feel like I need to bleach my eyeballs. It looks so wierd.