Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions of AppleJack

Slice0Pie

Ya'll know who AppleJack is, don't chu? The farmer of the mane 6, honesty, and a tom boy like AppleJack!

So, what are your opinions of her?

Is she cute?

Does she have a good  color scheme?

Is she Best Pony?

Should she be shown more?

Does she need more love?
Post ya'll opinions!

I love the way she is honest and loves her family loads :)!

Its quite relatable for me as I love my family loads as well, and couldn't bear for anything to happen!

Weather she need more episodes, every pony needs more :P! I like the fact that she got here won song in s3 and I would love to see her do more singing in the show :).

I personally didn't find her interesting at first and it probably had something with her being country and the fact that she already has a goal met compared to the others.

But after looking back, she is funny, sweet, and a great pony that is highly underrated in my opinion.

Heck yeah she's cute! Look at her.

Applejack_blush_S02E14.gif

She is getting there, but she is underrated pony that deserves more attention.

Yes, just as much as the others.

Overall, she's just as amazing, if not, better like the others. ;)  

• Brohoof 2

Applejack is currently my second favourite of the Mane Six. Since I'm not to good at this kind of thing, it's kind of hard for me to explain why I like her so much. Also, yes, she does indeed need to be in the show more.

My opinions on her? Well, she is a great but underrated character. Honest, loyal to her family, stubborn, hard working, and sort of a leader figure in a way. I'd say if Twilight weren't the leader of the group, Applejack would make a great leader. She is definitely cute. I find southern girls to be cute in a way. That accent is adorable. I love southern accents so much. :blush:

I like her color scheme. Not anything too flashy. Just simple and nice to look at, just like her. She is my favorite main six pony, but is third on my top ten ponies list. She is in the top three. Good work, Applejack! She definitely needs to be shown more and is deserving of more love. So underrated. Not at all a background pony. I frown upon those jokes. -_-

Edited by SmartyPants

I like Applejack. She can be cute, sexy, strong, brave, trustworthy, friendly, never afraid to show good ol' southern hospitality,  and a nice pony in general.

Although, she can sometimes come off as cocky, or full of herself. Thinking she can do no wrong. That's about my only real problem with AJ. Other than that, a very charming pony.

Oh, and I absolutely love her hair style. It's so sexy. I'm a sucker for a blonde.

It's a fairly tasty cereal, I suppose. Oh, wait you meant the pony. I love her personality, voice, accent, color scheme, ect. I didn't like her at first, but I must say that I adore her nowadays. As the artist Macklemore stated in Thrift Shop...This is fucking awesome! This being Applejack of course. Why is Applejack so perfect, you may ask?

apples_c_640127.jpg

Yet another Applejack thread along this same topic?

Once again all I really have to say is she is by far my favorite of the Mane 6 and is absolutely perfect. I just need to find her human copy and I'd be set. Love everything about her and would really enjoy seeing more of her in the show and hearing from her more instead of two other certain ponies that are overexposed.

I love how she's the most level-headed, rational and down-to-earth character in the mane 6.

Recently, she has been climbing higher and higher on my list of favourite Ponies, and I think it's because the more I think about her, the more I enjoy the modesty of her character.. She's a hard Pony to hate.

Edited by Broseph

Since growing up most of life in a small western po-dunk town in Oregon, I relate to the farmland and hardworking life she gos through each and everyday. I love her color-scheme, and lately too, I have grown more accustomed to her, versus me liking Fluttershy less and less. She's one of the top of the mane six for me, that's for sure. :)

Applejack_flipping_her_hat_up_S2E14.png

She's hardworking and honest, and that's what every girl and guy should strive to be. She makes a wonderful role-model, not to mention Aleshiegh Ball does an amazing southern accent.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack is probably the most mature pony out of the whole group. She has a nice personality and character balance to boot as well.

She just needs that redeeming quality that makes each of the other mane 6 so special.

I personally think Applejack needs an external conflict to overcome similar to the Flim Flam bros.

• Brohoof 1

Edit: (Forgot to answer the questions)

• Yeah she's cute.

• Yeah, it easy on the eye unlike some of her flamboyant peers.

• While she's not my favourite character, she has good qualities.

Family oriented

Hard working

Mature

A Decent personality.

• Only if they go in depth with her background.

• She has plenty already.  :comeatus:
Edited by Unipeg

She's my favorite of the mane 6.

After reading around, I think the reason why people aren't as fond of Applejack relative to the other 5 is not just because she doesn't have the dramatic flaws (supposedly) necessary to a good character (an analysis I don't agree with anyways but it seems to bug everyone), it's also because her Element sucks!

There are very few defining moments of her honesty. While they're there, they just aren't "there enough" as they should be, which is lame and needs to be fixed in season 4.

But still, I like her the most. Maybe just because I'm from the south.

One thing, she is best pony.

I love her since the beggining of the show, she always been my favorite pony.

Her color scheme is awesome, and I like her hat, she's wonderful with it.

And do you remember "The Best Night Ever"? The only reason she went here is to collect money for her family, when all the others went here for personal stuff.

Did I say I like her hat?

Applejack has to be one of the most underrated characters I have seen in any show in a very long time. Alot of people think she is boring which is kind of a shame because I feel like they are not seeing the Applejack I do. She is the first pony I started liking and though my current favorite is a three way tie, she did get that top spot first has held it the longest and will probably always be there.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/456/entry-5536-12-reasons-why-applejack-is-best-pony/

So, what are your opinions of her?

She's my favorite character. I think she's unbelievably charming and funny, realistic and relatable, and just admirable in every way. She makes for a heck of a role model due to her work ethic and integrity, and I love how she's so close to her family, as that's something that almost anyone can relate to. Applejack has her niche as being the backbone of the group, or the glue that holds the team together. I personally love that she is wise, mature, down-to-earth, and selfless in her pledge to put others above herself. She is strong physically, mentally, and emotionally. I find her pride and headstrong personality to be very captivating character flaws.

Is she cute?

Is water wet? Of course she's cute! She's a heap good more than just cute though. I simply cannot find the words to describe her appeal, so I should probably hang my head in shame for miserably failing on AJ's part.

Does she have a good color scheme?

Yes. Her orange coat and yellow mane give her a bit of a more natural look, as those colors are much more realistic than say pink, blue, or purple. Applejack is easy to picture as a human thanks to her green eyes, blond hair, freckles, and cowgirl hat. The human renditions of Applejack that the fans create are usually the best IMO.

Is she Best Pony?

She's best applebucker, best rodeo pony, best baker, best family pony, and probably the best friend you could ever ask for. And she's my favorite, so the fangirl in me will squeal about how she's the best pony, but it is nothing more than a (very obnoxious) personal opinion as all Mane Six ponies are best pony. Everyone has their own favorite. ;)

Should she be shown more?

Yes, in the sense that she's a main character and she should appear as frequently as possible as a result. She's not exactly starving for screen time or spotlight, contrary to what a lot of bronies seem to think. But hay, I can't get enough of her, so the more she's shown then the better off I will be. Background pony? My eye.

Does she need more love?

She doesn't need it per se, but I do think she's severely underrated a lot of the time, and I would like to see her be more popular than she is. Sometimes it seems like the arguments against her are so shallow and silly. I wish people could see the good things about her instead of dwelling on the fact that she's more mature and less crazy than the others (AKA "boring"). Or that she's "too country." Or that she's "fully explored." That being said, there are plenty of people who love her. The fact that she's a character in this incredibly popular show means that she receives plenty of attention as is. And if she never climbs higher than being the least favorite Mane Six pony, then that's okay too. Only in a perfect world could you avoid having a least favorite character. If any pony can handle that dubious honor, it's Applejack.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

• 5 years later...

I think applejack is a very good character and pony overall. I think her problem, however, is that she was so developed already at the beginning and is a bit mary sue ish. The only way the show can give her any conflict is by writing her out of character. That's why i think episodes with her as the focus tend to be on the weaker side. She's pretty much accomplished everything she ever wanted before the show even started so the writers don't have much to go on other than making her illogically stubborn.

Edited by Kadeda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...