Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on the MLP toys?

Akemi Homura

I actually think they are adorable :)

beggars can't be choosers ~

This plus if they were completely show accurate it wouldn't be that much fun making customs. And I ike doing things like that, sewing and stuff if I get Trixie she'll get her cloak, her hat..Maybe I'd sew gala dresses for mine who knows? I'm getting pretty good at ruffles. Plus like I said I love styling hair so..I probably will be kicking myself if I take a pair of scissors to one.
  • Brohoof 1

I can't believe there's people here complaining that the 'hair isn't like in the show' :I

Erm, My little pony was CREATED as a sideline to the toys, as advertisement.

Hardly any of the G1/2/3ponies looked like they did in the show, in terms of the hair.

And to be fair, it doesn't take much effort to just tweak them to look like they do in the show.

Considering all you need to do is wet the hair with hot water, and either trim it down a bit [for ones like RBD], or wrap the hair up in straw's and/or around their legs to make the hair curl.[For PinkiePie/Rarity]. And if people are -that- worried about not doing it right, there's tutorials all over the internet on how to do it.

As for the accessories being 'incorrect', there were two waves of the brushables. The first wave had the right corresponding animal and a brush with each character, and the second wave has a little suitcase or similar, along with stickers and little bits of card that are the gala tickets. Fair enough they overdid it with Celestia in terms of the coloring, but there's thousands of different toys over different fanbases, like transformers and such, that are never perfectly like they are in the show.

I think you all need to realize that they're -toys-, They're never going to look BANG ON like they do in the show :/ Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but y'know..

But yeah, I like the brushables. And I also like the little blind bags, even if alot of them are recolours, I can understand that in this day and age where there's recessions everywhere, that lots of toy companies are going to want to save money, even if that means using the same mould for less known characters in the show.

I'm planning on slowly collecting all the brushables, styling their hair right [Have 2 done so far.] and getting the main characters from the blind bags.

• Brohoof 1

This plus if they were completely show accurate it wouldn't be that much fun making customs. And I ike doing things like that, sewing and stuff if I get Trixie she'll get her cloak, her hat..Maybe I'd sew gala dresses for mine who knows? I'm getting pretty good at ruffles. Plus like I said I love styling hair so..I probably will be kicking myself if I take a pair of scissors to one.

My sewing skills are still on the beginner level, but I'm also planning on sewing stuff for my eventual Trixie as well (as Trixie is just not Trixie without that hat and cape). I'd like to see those Gala dresses if you do make them.

Ooh I'd love to see a pic of her if you got one. ^^ :D

I have none atm, but I can get some later. Its nothing too fancy (least to me it isn't), it was a spur of the moment thing and a test run in case if I ever decide to restyle the hair of any of my Mane 6 ponies. If I do my first target will be Rarity, her hair is the worst of the bunch and a total mess when I took her out of the package. After some tlc and lots of brushing, its much better now, but still could use work.

If I ever learn how to sew, I'm going to get the Canterlot set that includes the mane 6 in their "ball" attire and make Gala dresses for those ponies. I think considering their shoes and stuff attached to them aside from the dresses, it would be hard to dress and undress them. But I'll need money to do all that...

I've got 3 of the G4 Singles toys on my shelf beside me, the same ones you get from the Blind Bags. Personally I think they're adorable. I haven't looked at any of the normal ones with the nylon hair yet, but that Toys R Us exclusive set might sway me into buying a few.

If I ever learn how to sew, I'm going to get the Canterlot set that includes the mane 6 in their "ball" attire and make Gala dresses for those ponies. I think considering their shoes and stuff attached to them aside from the dresses, it would be hard to dress and undress them. But I'll need money to do all that...

Yeah...I plan on just getting them seperate so I can get them without the shoes painted on and just make their dresses for them...AJ would be the hardest.

My sewing skills are still on the beginner level, but I'm also planning on sewing stuff for my eventual Trixie as well (as Trixie is just not Trixie without that hat and cape). I'd like to see those Gala dresses if you do make them.

I have none atm, but I can get some later. Its nothing too fancy (least to me it isn't), it was a spur of the moment thing and a test run in case if I ever decide to restyle the hair of any of my Mane 6 ponies. If I do my first target will be Rarity, her hair is the worst of the bunch and a total mess when I took her out of the package. After some tlc and lots of brushing, its much better now, but still could use work.

I'd be more then glad to post them if I ever get around to making them. ^^ (I still gotta hunt down the figure of my choice.)

If you can get some pics that'd be cool. And yeah Rarity's hair definetly looks like a mess in package too. (Least the ones I found..Still kicking myself for not buying it.)

I have seen the toys, and I must say that they weren't well thought out... In the Rarity box there was an Applejack sticker...The colours of the ponies don't match the colours of themselves on the box. The information is wrong, and for the talking toys, the voices aren't even attempted to sound the same.

I must say they do need some work. Won't buy any till they are at least attempted to be decent. ;-;

Edited by Derpyshy

Well... I think Hasbro could do a better job in making some of their toys. Sure, it is fun to style the hair yourself, but that isn't the problem, nope! The problem is the face accuracy, for the most part. Blindbag was a great improvement, but I don't like how it all depended on a gradient of five or six ponies. Sometimes custom toys really bring out the feeling.

post-1320-0-20166600-1330390224_thumb.jpg

Look at the picture above, now look at my user title. I think you get the picture. ;)

I don't mind that the toys aren't accurate. They're fairly cheap and they'll give me a neat little project when I have more time on my hands.

• Brohoof 1

If you can get some pics that'd be cool. And yeah Rarity's hair definetly looks like a mess in package too. (Least the ones I found..Still kicking myself for not buying it.)

http://i10.photobuck.../0227122323.jpg

http://i10.photobuck...0227122322a.jpg

Nothing too fancy, as stated it was a random spur of the moment deal, so I had no special plan in mind. I went with braids, as I thought it would go well with the whole rain theme they where going with Dewdrop here.

And if I could i'd offer to get one for ya...somehow. Its like ever sense I finally bought my own, i've been seeing her in the store almost every time I check...and they have nicer hair than mine. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I don't really like the toys. Purely because they are actually targeted at little girls and not really seen as more of a family thing which Lauren Faust intended to try and develop the show into.

However if they started making MLP FIM plushies, I would love to buy one. I love cuddling soft toys and what could be better than cuddling a pony? :)

http://i10.photobuck.../0227122323.jpg

http://i10.photobuck...0227122322a.jpg

Nothing too fancy, as stated it was a random spur of the moment deal, so I had no special plan in mind. I went with braids, as I thought it would go well with the whole rain theme they where going with Dewdrop here.

And if I could i'd offer to get one for ya...somehow. Its like ever sense I finally bought my own, i've been seeing her in the store almost every time I check...and they have nicer hair than mine. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

She looks adorable!

And no worries about finding her for me. I've seen her a couple of time here in my town too along with a bunch of other ones. (Like a snow themed one.)

eh, it's not realy a big deal for me. I've never been a figurine pers-pony to begin with so I never really even thought about it. Though I have to admit I can't really imagine myself walking up to the cashier with a My little Pony doll that I intended for myself.

(edited)

The question is, if it really would cost so much more to be show-accurate, than they would gain from it being so?

I mean, why would even girls prefer a pink Celestia, when they see in the series that Celestia is white?

Do they really do the same thing with the boy toys, and assume the kids go for the name, and ignore the colour?

Not to mention, how young is the "target group" for the MLP toys, really?

This "Brony influx" may actually change hasbro on a fundamental plane, so they start showing the same carefulness for girls' toys, as they do to boys' toys.

... You can always dream and wish, at least ...

Edited by Tiina Brown

(edited)

I hate the old mlp toys.But what I'm really looking foward to is the New toys coming out in Fall.Because they will have ponies like Vinyl scratch.

I also think hasbro should make more and better plushies ;)

Edited by Moon-Blood

I just went to a retail store today (exclusively in Canada) and decided to look through the aisle where they sold toys for girls.

I found some MLP toys. Rarity with the wings from "Sonic Rainboom" and Fluttershy with a basket and a brush for her hair.

Apparently, Hasbro wants us to fix their manes by ourselves, since in the case, their manes aren't their regular shape... however, the descriptions threw me off. There wasn't anything about Rarity being a dressmaker or whatever. It just said she loved to fly... huh? And in Fluttershy's case, there is no mention of her being good with animals. Instead it just says, "Fluttershy loves gardening", possibly implying gardening is her special talent, not tending for animals.

I'll also bring up the fact that the Fluttershy doll came with a BASKET and FLOWERS instead of an animal, say, Angel Bunny.

Next thing I looked at was the Celestia figure that was PINK and not white. And guess what, behind the box it came with, you can clearly see that Celestia is WHITE.

My god Hasbro, what were you thinking? These weren't done very well, overall. I like the idea of fixing their manes but that's about it. Bad information really hurts their sales because the brony community is growing exponentially.

Dude that sounds like some bootleg MLP merch. As for myself I've decided that my first step in buying anything MLP will be a T shirt. Toys are actually last on my list. Those are for when I leave home for college and I won't have to worry about anypony seeing them.