Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What high hopes and positive thoughts you have Twilight?

Echo Narcissa

Okay, I love the idea of our little Twilight finally ascending to princess-hood in the series and I think it's a very brilliant idea that everyone should have loved instead of whine about. For me, I'm on both sides, I don't care if Twilight have wings or not, but I also think it could have whole new possibilities for her and new adventures. As long as the writers don't change her too much, let's her stay in Ponyville with her friends, keep her personality and stuff the way it is and not change it, but be sure to keep her princess status in check, things will be fine.

I now want to hear from all of you guys. What do all you Pro-Twilicorns think and what good thoughts and high hopes you have for her?

post-21251-0-03263900-1385634093.png

• Brohoof 2

Luckily, I think most of the negativity has died down now. Most people seem to be either comfortable with the idea now or just neutral, which is better than being negative at least. Me, I am probably one of the biggest supporters of it. I love it! I love this kind of character growth and it makes me happy that the writers are willing to push things forward for our beloved characters. That is the biggest hope that Twilicorn gives me, it is one of the biggest indicators that the writers can and will push things forward and even change things. That is something I look forward to. Plus, they are doing it right. Twilight's personality is not dramatically changing as we can plainly see and it shouldn't at this point, not at all. Maybe it might change well down the line a bit but that is the thing, some things about us can change, sometimes not, so it is just wait and see there.

This is why I had only one fear for season 4 and that was them backing out on Twilicorn or something. I really did not want that to happen at all, it was the only thing I would outright object to. As we can see though, they aren't doing that and are quite comfortable with the concept and are handling it greatly so far with what he have seen.

So I look forward to the future of the show even more because of this. It opens many doors of possibilities and I for one am really happy for Twilight being a princess. She deserves it. :)

With this, I say brohoof to you. /)

• Brohoof 3

Luckily, I think most of the negativity has died down now. Most people seem to be either comfortable with the idea now or just neutral, which is better than being negative at least. Me, I am probably one of the biggest supporters of it. I love it! I love this kind of character growth and it makes me happy that the writers are willing to push things forward for our beloved characters. That is the biggest hope that Twilicorn gives me, it is one of the biggest indicators that the writers can and will push things forward and even change things. That is something I look forward to. Plus, they are doing it right. Twilight's personality is not dramatically changing as we can plainly see and it shouldn't at this point, not at all. Maybe it might change well down the line a bit but that is the thing, some things about us can change, sometimes not, so it is just wait and see there.

This is why I had only one fear for season 4 and that was them backing out on Twilicorn or something. I really did not want that to happen at all, it was the only thing I would outright object to. As we can see though, they aren't doing that and are quite comfortable with the concept and are handling it greatly so far with what he have seen.

So I look forward to the future of the show even more because of this. It opens many doors of possibilities and I for one am really happy for Twilight being a princess. She deserves it. :)

Well, I'm glad you really have great hopes for all of this. Good to see more fans with taste and real appreciation for her. I also support Twilight ascension to Princess-hood because she have achieved so much and deserved it as a great result. So I'm though and through with Twilight being an alicorn all the way. 

I wasn't against Twilicorn before but I was worried about how her new role would affect the show. Not just her relationships with her friends, but the whole plot. In the season 3 finale Celestia said Twilight wasn't her student anymore, but the whole premise of the show was that Twi was learning about friendship. If everything else in Equestria stayed the same, Twilight as a princess could be disastrous because there would be nothing left to drive her or the show forward. But now that

they've laid the Elements of Harmony to rest and set up this new quest to find the six keys,

I feel like they have a lot to work with.

The first three seasons were dedicated to learning some very basic lessons about friendship. I think season four will be dedicated to learning about the more subtle points of friendship and how friendships grow and change. I also think their friendships will be tested. Don't quote me on this but I think there was even a line in the premiere that said they will be.

I wasn't against Twilicorn before but I was worried about how her new role would affect the show. Not just her relationships with her friends, but the whole plot. In the season 3 finale Celestia said Twilight wasn't her student anymore, but the whole premise of the show was that Twi was learning about friendship. If everything else in Equestria stayed the same, Twilight as a princess could be disastrous because there would be nothing left to drive her or the show forward. But now that

they've laid the Elements of Harmony to rest and set up this new quest to find the six keys,

I feel like they have a lot to work with.

The first three seasons were dedicated to learning some very basic lessons about friendship. I think season four will be dedicated to learning about the more subtle points of friendship and how friendships grow and change. I also think their friendships will be tested. Don't quote me on this but I think there was even a line in the premiere that said they will be.

I don't think I heard it said anything in there about what you said, but then again I don't look that close and listen that carefully to what the characters and I don't always understand the hints they might might be shooting to let us know what they have planned. Like in season one through two, they gave out hints that Twilight will soon become a princess due to her relationships and associations with royalty through out the series. She was Celestia's most loyal student and then had a princess as a foal sitter when she was young and then years later, she became the sister in law of that same princess who foal sat her when she was young. So it was possible that she had royal blood in her.

I don't really have any high hopes for Twilight but, I hope to see if she will be used to all of the duties that she will have to handle in the rest of Season 4. So, I can't wait to see that.

I don't really have any high hopes for Twilight but, I hope to see if she will be used to all of the duties that she will have to handle in the rest of Season 4. So, I can't wait to see that.

As long as your not hating on her.

• Brohoof 1

I

Twilight's my favorite pony, so I have high hopes for her. I trust the creators with her as an Alicorn princess. I'm sure she'll do many great things during season 4. Maybe even another freak out or two if we're lucky. :P

I really have a really big feeling that this season will be promising.

I think it's going to be good. I think Twilight's transformation is a symbol of how friendships change a person. She is the embodiment of friendship in action. Now that she has undergone the change and way more powerful than before, we are going to see what the magic of friendship can really do!

I think it's going to be good. I think Twilight's transformation is a symbol of how friendships change a person. She is the embodiment of friendship in action. Now that she has undergone the change and way more powerful than before, we are going to see what the magic of friendship can really do!

That's kind of a good way to put it... I think, but I think to avoid her from changing too much and not get anymore fans in a anger attack again. Here is the things I they may and I hope they keep the same (not because I don't think it's a good idea, but because lots of fans enjoy bitching)

-They will keep her in Ponyville and will only go in and out of Canterlot when she needs to.

-Keep her personality the same.

-Make it perfectly clear they are just having a Twilight wings, but with more good possibilities to keep everything good.

-Do not make her over powering while still learning and developing new things along the way of her new adventures.

-Have Twilight face new challenges  involving her new responsibilities.

-Be sure to show how good this new development is.

-Show and display how they will now be able to save and protect Equestria without the elements

-And be sure they have every part with them finding the six keys exciting and good.

-They need to make sure whatever is in the box exciting, suspenseful, and unexpected/ 

-And as long as they don't give her her own kingdom anytime soon and wait till much later things will be good.

:)

• Brohoof 2

I have to admit that when I first saw Twilight become a Princess, I just about facepalmed.... It took me a bit of time to get used to, and I was further aided by reading posts by a few level headed Bronies explained that Twilight was destined to be a princess from the very start, and now I'm warming up to the idea. I do sincerely hope the writers keep Twilight's personality in tact as well, as well as keep her with her friends as she SLOWLY adjusts to the role of Princess -- Whilst still performing the occasional royal duty, of course!

Not really, from my true heart i could say that "You may be wrong."

You see that people less complain but that don't mean that they are still watching the show.

In otherword, some lost the interest in the show and stopped watching the show. So that possibility is really possible, my friend is quite an example for this since he now completely lost interest of the show and currently dropped death in FIM fiction or any mlp website.

Because i still observing there is no change either in increase of bronies or fans or the catastrophe of MLP.

I'd like to see her eventually succeed both Celestia and Luna, just like Lauren Faust originally planned. She was destined to do it from the very start, It's written in her name. In between day and night, there's enough room for twilight.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

Just as the duel premiere has already majorly started to do, I hope to see her voice actor and lead writer push her to continue to crush and destroy every last overblown fear and over-analysis that's been built up over the past nine months, as the season continues to progress <:'3 It's going to be glorious just to see how wonderful S4 will be, when a few months after S3 finished, at least half of this fandom's crowd was bitching about how the apocalypse was once again neigh.

Fandom's whining can't be stopped, but much of the more completely nonsensical and groundless whining can be proven wrong when the light at the end of the tunnel comes, and the new season dawns a new day. It's an endless cycle, but boy is this particular part of that cycle more than enjoyable.

post-4006-0-08859900-1385707216_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I don't really dislike Twilicorn, and never have, but i don't find that it really affects her majorly either, she has wings, but idk, she just doesn't seem a ton different to me ;p.

So i guess that makes me pro Twilicorn?

Not really, from my true heart i could say that "You may be wrong."

You see that people less complain but that don't mean that they are still watching the show.

In otherword, some lost the interest in the show and stopped watching the show. So that possibility is really possible, my friend is quite an example for this since he now completely lost interest of the show and currently dropped death in FIM fiction or any mlp website.

Because i still observing there is no change either in increase of bronies or fans or the catastrophe of MLP.

Okay.....At the very least, they are being quiet about it now. The constant negativity from many was unneeded, so it is nice that even though they are apparently lost interest in the show (which I don't understand by the way) at least those people aren't trying to dampen the enjoyment for others.

I still don't see how this could make someone stop watching the show though, especially now as it obviously has done no harm.

My take is seasons one threw three where friendship training season four now that the friendship is magic training wheels are gone. its time for practical application of her Knowledge of friendship. I am not convinced that there isn't still an elemental connection between the ponies. perhaps that can be explored.

on a completely aside "by our powers combined we summon Celesta"

• Brohoof 1

Just as the duel premiere has already majorly started to do, I hope to see her voice actor and lead writer push her to continue to crush and destroy every last overblown fear and over-analysis that's been built up over the past nine months, as the season continues to progress <:'3 It's going to be glorious just to see how wonderful S4 will be, when a few months after S3 finished, at least half of this fandom's crowd was bitching about how the apocalypse was once again neigh.

Fandom's whining can't be stopped, but much of the more completely nonsensical and groundless whining can be proven wrong when the light at the end of the tunnel comes, and the new season dawns a new day. It's an endless cycle, but boy is this particular part of that cycle more than enjoyable.

attachicon.gifStopYourWhining.jpg

I really love your optimism about all of this because I know there half of the fans who continue to constantly whine and bitch about Twilight just getting wings is sad and pathetic. The way I see it. It is good fr her, but at the same time, nothing wrong with it at all. I honestly hope there are more Pro-Twilicorns than anti-twilicorns because this is all killing the show when we're all supposed to have love and tolerance for the show instead of   being babies because some of the Bronies didn't get what they want this time. The scariest thought I can ever imagine is the show losing too many fans and it gets cancelled. I would hate for that to happen and I don't want it too. So I hope that there are more open-minded fans, Pro_Twilicorns, and optimisticfans out there who don't constant bitch as much.

Hopefully, the fans will increase over time after all this dies down and Hasbro will do something to good to draw more fans in and increase the fan base. This show is really important to me and I hate to see it die out because of haters and butt-hurt Bronies. Hopefully, I can get some reliable resources on how many Pro-Twilicorn fans there are and neutral fans there are. It would really be good to know there are still better fans out there.

Pro-twilicorns only? Das racist. jk

Anyway, i didn't like the change but that doesn't mean i don't have any good hopes for her as a character. I do hope that they eventually focus a bit on her relationship with spike since she is basically his maternal mom/sister/best friend/thing. I love it every time they focus on that and would love to see more. It always gives me feels.

I hope that she and the rest of the mane six always remain close friends, and are able to be together no matter how much their new differences drive them apart.

I hope that they don't change her much more than they already have.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Pro-twilicorns only? Das racist. jk

Anyway, i didn't like the change but that doesn't mean i don't have any good hopes for her as a character. I do hope that they eventually focus a bit on her relationship with spike since she is basically his maternal mom/sister/best friend/thing. I love it every time they focus on that and would love to see more. It always gives me feels.

I hope that she and the rest of the mane six always remain close friends, and are able to be together no matter how much their new differences drive them apart.

I hope that they don't change her much more than they already have.

They hopefully won't after the uprage.

For all Twilicorn supporters on here, I have great news from deviantart art I found out. At least I hope this is good news. I looked up three different Alicorn Twilight groups on deviantart and looked at the number of members each of the groups have. I then added up all group members of each group to see how many Pro-Twilicorn fans there are all together and as you can see right now... You know what.. I'm just gonna put the numbers down for you all to look at.

130+86+66= 282 fans or more love and support Twilicorn.

They hopefully won't after the uprage.

For all Twilicorn supporters on here, I have great news from deviantart art I found out. At least I hope this is good news. I looked up three different Alicorn Twilight groups on deviantart and looked at the number of members each of the groups have. I then added up all group members of each group to see how many Pro-Twilicorn fans there are all together and as you can see right now... You know what.. I'm just gonna put the numbers down for you all to look at.

130+86+66= 282 fans or more love and support Twilicorn.

Scratch that, this time I will add up the watchers and members of all the groups and see what number I get.

130+147+89+151+66+76=659

I hope to see twilight continue to grow as a character if she ends up being different than she is now it would need to be a slow change over the entire story arc. not at all positive how or if this could be done.

Change is always gonna occur with the franchise imo, because the characters are constantly learning and growing from the lessons they are taught. This is not a bad thing though, this is a normal situation in all of us, the show is merely reflecting that, just as changes were bound to occur with Twilight and hopefully her friends. I look forward to the new adventures that are to come from season 4!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note: everyone is free to comment on this topic, whether or not they are in favor of Twilicorn. :)

I've mentioned this in other threads and even wrote a short blog about it, but my main concern is that the writers haven't done anything to move her story arc forward. I have no problem with other characters being the focus of an episode, but if possible I'd like to see small changes or explanations of her change in each episode. I don't think we'll get that, but I'd hate for them to cram it into one episode.