Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'Lucid Dreaming', is it real?

DustJacket

I am myself a Lucid dreamer and it certainly has it's benefits. You can memorize stuff in lucid dreams you would take hours for in real life, I really love to have Lucid Dreams, I was even getting myself into Equestria once...yeah xD But it's unlikely to happen if you feel stressed but if you are not stressed you can even manipulate yourself to have Lucid Dreams.

The thing is about lucid dreaming, it's fun but after you are used to it for too much thus every time you sleep, you automatically lucid and you can't go to a Deep Sleep state; a sleeping state where you are actually relax and completely removed from the environment and dreams. 

that's why i am always tired not much as i sleep....

yes it is real but I have yet to be able to achieve a ''lucid dream'' I barely ever dream at all. Atleast I never remember having any dreams, for me I just fall asleep then a few seconds later I wake up. Its kind of depressing really.

That sounded like a deep sleep state, or maybe I'm mistaken.

From what I know it is completely real, I know this because of my brother who has done it quite a bit. He suffers from sleep paralysis quite a bit and that is a big doorway to it. I have never done it myself so I have no personal experience, though I did almost experience sleep paralysis once (which was immensely scary).

From what I know it is completely real, I know this because of my brother who has done it quite a bit. He suffers from sleep paralysis quite a bit and that is a big doorway to it. I have never done it myself so I have no personal experience, though I did almost experience sleep paralysis once (which was immensely scary).

I had discussed that with my friend, he said that your brain was already inside your sub-conscious hence you don't have control over your muscle and vice versa when it comes to trying to run in your dream but you seemed really weak. So end of words is, your brain is at 50/50 working capacity, or at least that was what he said, quite logical though. :)

I used to lucid dream a LOT when I was younger. I remember one time I tried asking people in my dream to help me get out of my dream. 

I do it less often now. When I do, I end up waking myself up when I try to do something. BUT I do have LOTS of regular dreams, and always have. And I usually remember them. I can remember at least one dream clearly every night; it actually surprises me when people say they don't remember their dreams. I love my dreams, and look forward to what one I'll have the next night. They're always so weird, but so, so fascinating.

(side note, my username means 'dream'!).

Edited by Sapana

I actually became lucid once or twice to awake myself from a negative dream.
 Can't remember what it was, but something really bad was after me and i remember in the dream telling myself
"I must be dreaming, wake up!" i woke up before i could finish the sentence.

I have no clue how i did it though and can't do it again. Kinda just happened.

Say, i wonder if its possible to sleep in a lucid dream. Like, you become lucid and in control. Instead of doing something else, you go to your dream bed-room, lay down and close your eyes. Could you literally have a dream inside a dream? (PRESS IT, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)

Edited by crazitaco

Yes, lucid dreaming is real. When I was younger I used to focus on achieving lucid dreams just about every night, and participated in a community centered around it. I recommed any who are interested in the subject give some of their articles a look, they are a great place to start. In my experience, it takes a great deal of patience, focus, and practice. Improving my dream recall via keeping a dream journal was easily my greatest asset. I had eventually managed to induce sleep paralysis while still conscious and enter lucid dreams from the waking state, which were much more vivid than the random ones I'd have once or twice a week.

I've always thought lucid dreams were great fun, especially considering how I'll be sleeping anyway, so why not do something with that time? One of my favorite things to do is to ask dream characters (who I do not consciously influence in any way, except maybe summoning them) questions like - "Who am I?" "What's it like to not exist?", etc. Wouldn't always get serious responses, but I've always thought it fascinating that my consciousness is essentially giving me an answer.

There are no limitations; you're quite literally a god in your own sandbox. It's very strange the first few times, as your mind may manifest a body but your perception is more or less floating around. In my lucids, I have elements that are very consistent (called dream signs); like I have more than five fingers (if I try to look at my 'hands', though there is no need for them). If I look at text, look away, and look again, it always changes. Mirrors always show distorted images; I've been shocked awake a few times until I got used to it. When I fly around outside, it's almost always a moonlit night and the scenery is always fantastic. Lots of mountains and lakes, and when I'm in a city, it's always magnificent. I can alter the scenery, teleport, fly, feel wind/texture and even smells. Lots of fun touching a clearly metal surface and making it feel like bread. Dream characters are always aware that I'm conscious and usually comment on it.

My first wake induced lucid dream was also my first false awakening. I went from being conscious, losing all feeling in my body, to hallunciating a presence in my room. All sorts of strange sounds. Next thing I knew I had opened my eyes in bed, but was 100% aware that it was a dream. Bam, successful WILD. Slowly floated up to and right through the ceiling.

It's nothing like waking reality and I'd highly recommend anyone give it a go. But again, it takes some serious patience.

Edited by K.K. Slider

Once I dreamed I was in a room with no doors or windows. And there was nothing in it. And there was some guy playing the bongos I knew I was dreaming and I was screaming at the guy to stop it and he said I was dreaming and I screamed that I already. Knew that. I fell out of bed and woke up. And when I'm in bed trying to get to sleep I imagine music (what kind depends on the next part) and think about what kind of art thing in going to do tommorow. And even though I don't have dreams I can kind of sleep while I'm uncounsious. It's weird. When I get home ill think about it. I'm on my moms phone right now.

I think it is real. I've only had one experience with it though, and that was a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure if you could call it an experience.

I was dreaming one night about something (I don't remember what) and suddenly I became aware that it was a dream. I then tried flying, and I did fly, except I got upset both in reality and in my dream that a lucid dream wasn't as 'real' as people describe it being. It just felt like a normal dream, except I was controlling it. That was my only experience so... yeah. I'm not even sure if that was a lucid dream.

I still think people can control their dreams if they try and it can feel like reality. I'm scared of trying to lucid dream again because I know some people get bad side effects from trying it (hallucinations, etc) and I don't want that.

I find it really hard to believe that it's real. No one I knew in person has ever brought up the subject, and I haven't experienced it myself, unless I don't truly know how it feels. I mean, I want to believe it, the thought of actually feeling like you're in a world under your control sounds really cool, but it either sounds too exaggerated, or I'm just not trying.

-Deja Vu dreaming, some say you could see the future but it is actually a suggestion that your own brain make

This, I get a lot of.

Edited by Mars Brownie

No, no, no, that's not lucid dreaming, there are four types of dream or sleeping state.

There are: 

-Lucid dreaming, a dream that you can control

-Regular dreaming, a dream that you can't control in a regular basis and could vary at times

-Deja Vu dreaming, some say you could see the future but it is actually a suggestion that your own brain make

last one;

-Over-thinking dream, a dream that you have because you've been thinking for one thing over and over again before you sleep. Like there will be an exam tomorrow and you think you can't do it and going to get a bad mark and so you have a dream about it, this one is scientifically proven in biology. 

Whoops. I thought it means an incredibly lifelike dream. I've had ones like that where it seemed I wasn't dreaming but I realized later on I was.

100% confirmed real to me. I had experienced it several times growing up (all when I was younger) and then hit a 'wall' where it never happened - believed it was all just attention seeking stories and that what I had witnessed as a child were just... memorable dreams.

Then, plenty years later, I got interested in weird psychology - studied the Tulpa Effect and tried Tulpaforcing - one side effect was that during meditation, I have twice gone into a full trance and Lucid dreamed.

The big thing is that these WILD lucid dreams were... amazing. Truly, truly amazing. I couldn't even describe it the first time it happened: completely by accident. When I woke from it I was literally speechless - I didn't know what to do with myself...

So yes, It is real. How, why and when we achieve it is still up for debate - but it certainly exists.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 3

have had dreams before that I thought were actually real, until I woke up! And when I say I thought they was ream I mean I could do pretty much anything I wanted, just as if I was awake, so instead of it being like watching a movie, I could control it.

(alright PLEASE dont make a comment about my name, I know, I know)

Lucid dreams are amazing, your power is unlimited, I have had a few which I needed to induce. They can be very hard to induce, but I say it was worth it.

I can control the majority of my dreams.  For instance, no matter what dream it is I know that I can levitate and if I lean back I can move incredibly quickly.  It doesn't really work the way you might expect though, at least for me.  I can change anything I want, at any time, but it just kinda follows a general suggestion instead of a specific idea.  For instance, I was being chased by a group of guys who wanted to kill me, I decided that they needed to die, and willed it.  Next thing I know a massive rock slide came by and killed them, and I died in that same avalanche.  Or one time I tried to will something to help in a maze.  I wanted to see around the corners... so all the walls turned into mirrors.  It wasn't helpful at all.  At least that is how it works for me.  I can also wake up at will if I am dreaming.

I think it might happen this way for me because all of them are lucid.... so I don't get the whole superpower thing.

Edited by Dark Dawn

I've never tried, but my dreams are either really awesome (ie, the Thunderbirds tell me to drop what I'm doing and fly and airshow with them) or freaking weird (ie. A white tiger is stalking me while I'm at the keebler elve's house)

I've lucid dreamed a couple times, it's not that weird.

Yes, lucid dreaming is real. When I was younger I used to focus on achieving lucid dreams just about every night, and participated in a community centered around it. I recommed any who are interested in the subject give some of their articles a look, they are a great place to start. In my experience, it takes a great deal of patience, focus, and practice. Improving my dream recall via keeping a dream journal was easily my greatest asset. I had eventually managed to induce sleep paralysis while still conscious and enter lucid dreams from the waking state, which were much more vivid than the random ones I'd have once or twice a week.

There's a community?

I still think people can control their dreams if they try and it can feel like reality. I'm scared of trying to lucid dream again because I know some people get bad side effects from trying it (hallucinations, etc) and I don't want that.

No actually, that's not a side effect, at least lucid dreaming doesn't give any side effects

yes it's real but whenever I have a lucid dream it turns into a lucid nightmare .

you know, you can control it. So it doesn't turned out to be a lucid nightmare or you wanted that way, like my friend; he likes his dreams all lusty, while me, a constant conflict, war, battle and stuff. So set up the genre.

damn it guys... i jost woke up from one... i dreamed the same scene 10 times... usually i am able to change them (since i dream only lucid dreams after the shook) BUT in this one... in this one the main part.. i wan't able to change it! i know it's a little OT but i want to ask you what the hell that mean... i find my self in the factory where i work on summer, in front of me, in the otherside of the main machinery room there is a little kid standing, i ask him what the hell is doing here in this dangerous place but he doesn't answer, when i start to walk toward him, a shadow apper behind him and shoot him in the head.... since  i know that it is a dream i tried again to save him (i don't know why, i known it was just a dream) but everything i tried iy failed... also the last time i was able to get myself beetween the gun and the children, i felt the shoot but when i turned to see if the child was allright i saw that the bullet went trough me and killed the children anyway... this is just sick... what the hell is that supposed to mean????

27958882.jpg

Edited by Doc. Volt