Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the first episode you saw of MLP?

Expired delta

Well, I did watch episode one of season one first, for the sake of organization...

BUT! I think I first was given the word of ponies by these mini-clips of good quotes and actions of several ponies, so does that count? Funny thing about those though, from watching only the mini-clips, I got the impression that Rarity was an antagonist(sort of like Trixie). How wrong I was!

The first episode I watched was Stare Master on my TV when I was just flipping TV Channels and decide to watch MLP:FIM to see what it was like. Somehow, I really enjoy the episode and decide to watch some of the Episodes from Season 1 on my PC.

That is really how I got hook up on MLP:FIM.

If you were anything like me you didn't start with the pilot episode, and were 'watching blind' so to speak. A friend linked me and had me on skype and was like.. I HAVE TO HEAR YOU WATCH IT. Cause I was a 'nay'sayer and was like.. UGH PONIES?

The episode he linked me, was especially funny (For me at least) Bridle Gossip. The Appletini and Flutterguy comments killed me and I was hooked from then on out.

So just a wandering fancy, anyone else see a different episode (besides the pilot) first that got you hooked????

(edited)

I watched it from the absolute start (as in, episode 1) and I was done the first season in 1-2 days. It was that good. I was just browsing on Funnyjunk when I saw a bunch of pony comments/pictures (at that time, I've been seeing a lot of those lately) and I finally decided to see what the big deal was. Turns out it was one hell of a cartoon... :D

Griffon The Brush Off officially got me hooked. Not only did the episode refer to stuff that happens at school (you know, friends being the third wheel and people breaking relations) but Gilda's character was well done, in the sense that there was a real antagonist at work instead of just some random character that's just there to act as a huge jerk. I also loved how chemistry built up between Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in that episode. You could easily tell that those two could become very good friends later on, and, as expected, they did. They became pranking buddies and both had a flair for having fun.

I also really disliked how Gilda treated Pinkie and Fluttershy that episode. Made my blood boil, sorta. :lol: After those events, I couldn't close the browser. I couldn't view anything else. And that's how a new brony was born...

Oh yeah, that's also how Equestria was made :)

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 2

My 1st episode was the pilot, but I didn't like it that much. As I said before, it felt different than the others. Then I watched Ep. 3, The Ticket Master, and I started to warm up to it. It took me until Applebuck Season to actually like the show.

My 1st episode was the pilot, but I didn't like it that much. As I said before, it felt different than the others. Then I watched Ep. 3, The Ticket Master, and I started to warm up to it. It took me until Applebuck Season to actually like the show.

I'm glad you warmed up to it, I'm like you.. I went back to watch the pilot and I was like.. eh. But as the storyline developed I was hopelessly hooked.

• Brohoof 1

When I asked the SSMB forum which episode I should watch, someone suggest "Lesson Zero", and I watched it. I loved it, so I then I watched the pilot and the rest of the season 1 episodes within a couple weeks. Around that same time, I joined this forum.

The first episode was my first episode, and it's still one of my favorites. Despite watching it as a joke, I was hopelessly hooked before Twilight and Spike even left for Ponyville.

Granted, there are a lot of excellent episodes throughout the series, but the first episode is special to me, because that's where it all started.

(edited)

Search before starting new threads!

What was the first Episode of MLP:FiM you watched?

Started by Name62, Feb 02 2012 02:03 PM

If you were anything like me you didn't start with the pilot episode, and were 'watching blind' so to speak. A friend linked me and had me on skype and was like.. I HAVE TO HEAR YOU WATCH IT. Cause I was a 'nay'sayer and was like.. UGH PONIES?

The episode he linked me, was especially funny (For me at least) Bridle Gossip. The Appletini and Flutterguy comments killed me and I was hooked from then on out.

So just a wandering fancy, anyone else see a different episode (besides the pilot) first that got you hooked????

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Search before starting new threads!

What was the first Episode of MLP:FiM you watched?

Started by Name62, Feb 02 2012 02:03 PM

Threads have been merged. :3

Carry on with the thread!

Also, the first episode I saw was the Pilot. I watched them all in order over the course of a couple of days at my friend's request.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My first was the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. Not sure that was the best first since my first impression of Pinkie Pie was that she must be a troll (rubbing it in RD's face how much she enjoyed the cider). Fluttershy wasn't exactly nice either - RD grabbed her out of bed (her embarrassment at being naked was adorable!) and brought her to the event. So what does Fluttershy do? She stands in line in front of RD and does not offer up her cider when RD does not get any! However, I was immediately impressed by the song and all the colorful background ponies.

Posted Image

That was my first because that's what they had up on the Hub website when I first decided to try an episode. In the end, no regrets as I became a fan - in fact, I am watching it over again right now with a new appreciation since I understand the characters so much better. :)

Edited by DrOphthalmos

(edited)

When I asked the SSMB forum which episode I should watch, someone suggest "Lesson Zero", and I watched it. I loved it, so I then I watched the pilot and the rest of the season 1 episodes within a couple weeks. Around that same time, I joined this forum.

Same for me with Bridle Gossip, it'll always be my fave for hooking me on ponies.

The first episode was my first episode, and it's still one of my favorites. Despite watching it as a joke, I was hopelessly hooked before Twilight and Spike even left for Ponyville.

Granted, there are a lot of excellent episodes throughout the series, but the first episode is special to me, because that's where it all started.

I think the first one you watch will always be the most special to you, because you'll remember how it got you hooked!

Um.. I did search before I started this topic and I didn't see the thread you listed. :( Sorry? But honest mistake.

Threads have been merged. :3

Carry on with the thread!

Also, the first episode I saw was the Pilot. I watched them all in order over the course of a couple of days at my friend's request.

Thanks for taking care of my mess up. Sorry :(

Edited by Boofyhooves

You'll find this hard to believe but: Episode 1 was my first haha. From that moment on I realized how good the show was and then watched episode 2...then 3...and just recently I finshed watching season 2 episode 19. But who's counting?

The first episode of Season 1. I became a brony at around March, and at that time a user on the forum dedicated to chat about the webcomic TwoKinds had a Pinkie Pie avatar. This avatar made me curious, for I had seen it before, and asked my sister (19) if she knew anything about multicolored horses. She told me she watched, as a kid, a show called 'My Little Pony', which I have never heard of (considering I live outside of the United States/Kingdom, it comes to no surprise). I proceeded to send the user a message, and s/he said that the show is called 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' and I should check it out. I had proceeded to search 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' in Youtube, came across the PMV known as 'Happy Ponies', and immediately thereafter searched "season one episode one."

Imagine my surprise 9 hours later when I realized there were barely a dozen episodes out. I found myself investigating for over an hour in Youtube and Google where could I find the next episode, but I was completely certain that the episode was simply never uploaded. After I checked the list of episodes in Wikipedia, I was completely thunderstruck as I realized the show only first aired in October 2010.