What was the first episode you saw of MLP?

Expired delta

The first two episodes ever... the pilot episodes, if you will. That got me and my younger bro. hooked, and now, just like a lot of other bronies, pegasisters, and what-have-you, we are waiting for the Season Two two-parter finale.

The first MLP I seen. Well I'd have to go back to the 80's for that. The first ever MLP I seen was Rescue from Midnight Castle. Which to this day is the darkest a MLP story has been, and was indeed what Lauren Faust drew some inspiration from when she was originally creating Friendship is magic.

I know there's gonna be some moans out there that it's not any good. But that's a wrong notion itself. That's where MLP began its animated life as well as where a few of the characters we now know & love first appeared.

A Dog and Pony Show. I was familiar with the original G1 but nothing between G1 and G4 so I didn't know the characters except for Spike. I thought Spike and the white pony with purple mane were the show's main protagonist.

I remembered G1 Spike was close to a pony named Licketysplit so I thought Spike and Rarity were the rehashing of G1 Spike and Licketysplit.

• 1 month later...

Episode one. I hate watching a random episode of anything, I have to start at the beginning. Even with something like Family Guy or Spongebob which have no linear storyline.

(edited)

First episode I watched- S1E1

First episode that got me into it- S1E1

Posted Image

EDIT: In all seriousness, I love everything canon and chronological when it comes to a franchise, and the first episode of a cartoon with continuity that I would always like to watch is....*surprise* the pilot(s).

That said, I dislike it when casual cartoons and sitcoms, which is most of them in this case, have their pilot episode not introducing anything, just throwing a plot and characters out there... -_-

Edited by NASCARFAN160

"Look Before You Sleep"

If you guys remember mah first few posts, I initially though the show was OK, good at best, but not AS good as the bronies were saying it was. I ended up watching more episodes, and that changed everything :wub:

Fun facts about mah first full MLP:FiM experience :D

1. Immediately, I took a liking for Applejack :P

2. I though Twilight was really boring, while Rarity was "hot" (For a cartoon character, so to speak), but annoying also http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

3. This made me realize Twilight was the main character, because I previously thought Fluttershy was (Thank god)

4. I though they were all around 13-16 years old, but now I measure it around 17-24 years old :)

S1E1 and S1E2. I read before watching that the first 2 episodes weren't the best, but I needed to watch the intro so I wasn't totally lost.

Second episode was Lesson Zero, because I read EVERYWHERE about how good it was. Next thing I know, I watch every episode until Family Appreciation Day (because it didn't premiere yet).

I was classic and just started with the first two episodes. Started watching them on Youtube one day out of boredom, after my curiosity had finally peeked, and then, hours later, had watched the first 7 episodes.

Party of one, tho I had previously seen the ending scene of it and the ending of Boast Busters on treehouse and was neutral towards the show. I only watched it because I had unintentionally happened upon the cupcakes fanfic, listened to a reading of it on youtube, then was so horrified by the story that I thought the only thing that could purge my mind of the despicable story was by watching an episode of MLP, which I had known was all bright and happy sunshine fucking rainbows.

I was hooked immediately :)

Started with the first two episodes on a dare from my friends, who were girls. I liked it and watched more. The more I watched, the more I became hooked and loved it. I blame my friends for making me a brony and love them for it.

I do not recall the name of the episode, but I am pretty sure that it was a season two episode. It was the episode in which Twilight got a new pet (owl?) and Spike was jealous.

And after watching that episode I was hooked.

Episode one was the first that I saw because I have only watched it on the internet. I am completely devoid of channels that actually air the show. I JUST saw the wedding episodes tonight actually... :shameface: