Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the first episode you saw of MLP?

Expired delta

(edited)

I watched the first episode of the first season and felt that it was awkwardly animated and the voice delivery was completely wrong. I stopped halfway through to regain myself. Fortunately watching the later episodes convinced me of its quality.

Edited by JustFairness

First one, obviously. Didn't think it was too good. I kept going, though, for whatever reason, and, well, look where I am now.

The first on I watched was Suited for success. It was the first episode that came out when I searched friendship is magic on Youtube. After, I watched Feeling Pinkie Keen and after that, I started watching from the beginning.

(edited)

I convinced myself to watch the show on December 22nd 2011 and went in order. First episode was episode 1.

I should probably watch Show Stoppers, Sweet and Elite and Dragon Quest (the episodes I've skipped over.)

Edited by Xidphel

Hm...

I think my first episode was the first episode of Season 1.

I almost scared myself off from watching it though because I felt the intro was super girly. *facepalm*

Now? I love the intro. :lol:

Saw a lot of pony stuff on memebase when the my little brony subsite came out. I decided to watch the first episode, since I have some kind of fear of spoiling anything. It was amazing.

Well i had never heard of mlp until a friend told me of it months ago, then I decided to watch the first episode and second (2 parter) thought it kinda sucked, so I watched the third one hoping it would be better, and it got a little better, so I gave it one last chance and watched the fourth one and thats just about when I got hooked.

Season 2 episode 15. Just randomly typed in My little pony friendship is magic on youtube and picked one at random. Made me a brony, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

• 2 months later...

The same one I refer all of my friends to--The Return of Harmony.

Why?

For most, it displays the maturity MLP has. It shows a badass villain who is able to take the main characters and twist them beyond recognition.

For me, it's all about the psychology of the characters. I love an intiguing villain, which was why I used to love the MOTHER games so much, with Giygas/Giegue and King Porky.

Discord was what got me into MLP, because he was not only an awesome and intimidating villain, but also he took everything good about the characters and corrupted it into evil. Through his illusions, some of the characters' darkest motivations and deepest fears.

Another similar character I was fascinated with, for almost all of the same reasons, was the Joker from The Dark Knight, who took the pure character of Harvey Dent and twisted him into a bloodthirsy monster obsessed with revenge.

If your children's TV show villain can measure up to/surpass the villain from the blockbuster/psychological thriller movie, I'd say you have a pretty damn good children's TV show.

Naturally the first episode I saw was episode 1 of course! My friend kept trying to get me into it so I finally gave in. (With little resistance.) At first I kind of thought "Okay yeah, it's kind of cheesy..." Then the cliff hanger hit and I was all "Aw hell naw." Because of my OCD it forced me to watch the next episode.

I was hooked.

Um.... The toy commercials?.... Well it was the episode where pinkymina had cabbage friend and chip bags... Then rainbowdash drags her to AJs farm and...

I changed the Chanel... I had no interest back then...

Do you mean first full episode I watched?

Obviously episode 1 season 1

By the time I was at episode 5 I was a bronie... But didn't know it... Ending of season 2... I call myself a bronie! And I couldn't be happyr...

And that's the story on how equestria was made... Maybe later I can tell you the story on how I turned into a bronie! (Pinky pie joke!)

The first episode I saw was "the Last Roundup". I found the episode hilarious so I decided to start from episode 1. It still is one of my favorite episodes.