What was the first episode you saw of MLP?

Expired delta

I've held an interest in the show since about 2011, though it's pretty much been dormant until very recently.  The first episode I saw, back in the days before everyone's favorite video sharing website got their copy right protection software in order, was the episode where Rainbow Dash went to the Wonderbolt academy for the first time.

I didn't pay much more attention to the world of FiM until about two weeks ago. About 10 days ago, I started to watch the series on Netflix, though I only got to episode five, and I'm not sure when I'll pick it up again.

Episode 1. Watched it after watching the documentary [bronies]. Thought, I'll give this a try, see what the hype is all about. Watched the first episode. "That was good, wait, what am I saying!" Watched the second episode.  :muffins: "This is amazing!" 

As they say - The rest is history. 

The first episode. Then I said, okay, well, okay. Second episode. Well, third episode, cute, now fourth, nice, fifth, sixth, seventh... okay, I guess I'm really bored... eight, ninth...

I did not watch the show expecting to be "hooked", all I knew at the time (april 2011) was that it was a nice show, not that there was some kind of phenomenon going on. It didn't feel any different than if I were to open a DBZ episode on Youtube, probably.

Knew I was hooked in Winter Wrap Up when I was looking for the song on youtube to replay it over, and over, and over again. And despair reached me when I realized The Grand Galloping Gala only "only aired a few days ago" and that this was it, gotta wait half a year for the next season!

I was looking up the old school

MLP at like 4 in the morning

when I was sick and hit FIM first ep

on youtube,  so I watched and

the rest is history!

• 5 years later...

"Feeling Pinkie Keen" on Youtube. Was not that impressed :confused:

I didn't get into the show for another year, after being convinced by a Brony video on Youtube, and seeing "Winter Wrap Up"

I saw a few videos from the show first, got interested in the characters and decided to watch the show from the start, and while the second part of the premiere let me down a bit, I loved the characters and decided to keep watching just for their interactions, that what kept me going until mid season 1 when the show got overall better and I became a fan.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The first clip I came across was Pinkie interrogating Spike in "Party of One." Wow, did I get a wrong impression of Pinkie then. 

The first real episode I watched was "Ticket Master."

Edited by JH24

The first episode I saw was the first episode produced: Rescue at Midnight Castle. I rented it on VHS all the time as a kid.

As far as FiM, the season 2 opener with Discord was my starting point.

(edited)

Again, I'm commenting on a very old topic. 

I just started watching MLP about a week ago. I loved the "first" episode but certain things weren't making sense. What are all these ponies names? What are all these villains even trying to do? Turns out I was watching The Beginning of the End, Part 1. I realized my mistake and started watching the episodes in order from season 1. 

Edited by TheNewBrony
Grammar mistakes

The very first episode of MLP FIM I ever watched was The Mysterious Mare Do Well. Way back when it first premiered. I didn't officially join the fandom though until about 3 years later.

• 4 weeks later...

Friendship is Magic - part 1. The first episode of generation 4 of course. :mlp_yeehaa:

On 5/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, TomDaBombMLP said:

The very, very beginning. I became a brony immediately without realising it. My life changed that day... :BrightMacContent:

Same here. Everything you said. :)

tumblr_o7jfovhQLU1rmmiwfo1_540.gifv

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the first episode I saw was actually "Griffon the brush off". I found that episode over YouTube (in german btw.) afetr I watched a MLP fan video. And after I watched that episode, I saw what was the first episode and watched then the whole first two seasons in a row.

• 1 year later...