Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Darkness won... My life is over.

zev_zev The outcast

(edited)

If you think Equestria is a perfect world, that's far from the real thing, I don't know if you've been watching the show, but there are all kinds of species causing trouble all the time, even the ponies themselves.

Secondly, seriously? It's just a reference, he 's FICTIONAL character from a different FICTIONAL world, put in another FICTIONAL world. I don't know why people see MLP as such a dramatic escape from reality, but honestly, I think those people need a reality check. Sure the show makes me happy too, the fans I talk to are interesting people I enjoy being with. But really? A total utopia? Not really. After all, real life is what you make of it mostly, not what other people make of it. If you're someone who just mopes around and feels sorry for himself all the time, well, not my problem your entire world is based on something random and unstable as the show and its fandom. So if you think real life is a complete dystopia, well, you made it like that for yourself, not others. So you can be all pessimistic all you want but don't expect your life to become any better from standing still and doing nothing.

Man this is almost as bad as the whole Derpy thing. Get over it and get your shit together people, there are people who have it a hundred times more worse than you and enjoy the day more than you.

Then again, misery loves company, but I'm not going to be part of that.

Am I asked you to teach me how to live?  I am very sorry for rudeness, but, first of all: You don't know me, you can't say that I'm a pessimist (thank God I outgrew this status ). It was just one moment that somehow "knocked me out of a rut" I can't expain why I reacted like that, and I apologize for my emotions.

Second: Your advices and reasoning is pretty obvious and stereotypical. However, this does not mean that it isn't correct.

Third: I think that MLP-utopia, a kind of spiritual world in which everyone can find something that he likes. And you won't convince me otherwise.

Edited by zev_zev

Yeah I overreacted, I admit that much, and even I know that MLP can't be all rainbows and gumdrops (otherwise it would be totally boring and bland) but I still stand firm that something that is associated with horror and violence, has no place in Equestria, let alone MLP.

All the villains so far have had a place and a reason if you think about it, and while three out of four of them were 'dark' they still had their place...

• Brohoof 2

Am I asked you to teach me how to live?  I am very sorry for rudeness, but, first of all: You don't know me, you can't say that I'm a pessimist (thank God I outgrew this status ). It was just one moment that somehow "knocked me out of a rut" I can't expain why I reacted like that, and I apologize for my emotions.

Second: Your advices and reasoning is pretty obvious and stereotypical. Because you totally right.

Third: I think that MLP-utopia, a kind of spiritual world in which everyone can find something that he likes. And you won't convince me otherwise.

You're being really pessimistic right here, and that is what I was referring to. Besides "Darkness won.. my life is over"? This is seriously the most dramatic thing I have heard in a while.

My advice isn't stereotypical. It's just that people never seem to realize they have their own wings that they can spread and use to fly with, instead, they tie them on their back, never even thinking about having them, totally forgetting they are not grounded at all. There's a reason why my advice is "obvious", because it simply is the truth. People should stop complaining, stand up and work on their own world, one building block at a time. Yet they decide to mope around, using ridiculous claims as "I'm worthless" and "No salvation for the damned". They can't even see their own beauty because they don't want to realize their wings.

I don't want to convince you, I said I was fine with it, but it's not my problem that your world crumbled instantly because you believed in a utopia that's entirely random and not up to you. Equestria is not my utopia, my utopia is my world, the world I created for myself, the path I worked on, with all the good and bad consequences. And I'm fine with that. I'm fine with your spiritual utopia being this Equestria. But I'm not fine when someone is going to be entirely dramatic about it. Seriously, use that title you wrote for when something REALLY bad happens. I only know 2 people who could use that exact phrase and get away with it, and it really pisses me off when people are this way when the problem is really small, ESPECIALLY when they're like "Oh you're right, no need to worry ^-^" just a few hours after their initial response. What was all the drama about? Nothing at all. Getting worked up over almost nothing at all.

• Brohoof 1

Second: Your advices and reasoning is pretty obvious and stereotypical. However, this does not mean that it isn't correct.

Your writing all this over a cartoon show about ponies, doesn't it seem just  tiny weenie bit over reacting to you?  MLP is not real, it is a show, it will never be real but we can all still enjoy it.  You need a reality check. 

Now about Sombra, Nightmare moon, Chrysalis and Cerberus (yeah I know that Cerberus should guard the gates of Hades, not Tartarus, here the writers made a mistake) 

Actually no. Hades is Hell. Tartarus is the Realm of Chaos. Ruled by Eris, Goddess of Choas. I think you can guess why people name the female version of Discord, Eris. Considering the whole Harmony vs Choas thing that runs though MLP ponifying Tartarus to Tartaros is probably intentional and alot easier get away with XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually no. Hades is Hell. Tartarus is the Realm of Chaos. Ruled by Eris, Goddess of Choas. I think you can guess why people name the female version of Discord, Eris. Considering the whole Harmony vs Choas thing that runs though MLP ponifying Tartarus to Tartaros is probably intentional and alot easier get away with XD

I told exactly the same earlier in this topic: "Actually hell in ancient mythology is called "Hades" Tartarus is a prison for the titans. The titans are not the darkspawn forces. The titans is the incarnation of the natural elements. I have nothing against their presence in mlp"

woah, I seen dumb reasons to leave the fandom, like the Twilicorn and Equestria Girls, but this takes the cake dude

Ehhh... Am I said that I going to leave fandom? I said that my rainbow illusions were shattered, and I feel very bad, that's all that I said. I can't leave fandom, I just joined lol :)

Edited by zev_zev

Add Satan, why not?

I see you mentioned my name. I'd love to be added in the show. I, as Satan in human form, deserve recognition.

Anyhow... MLP referenced some generic pop culture meme and now people are going crazy and wanting to leave the fandom... All I have to say to that is:

Deal_with_it.png

Edited by Essy*
  • Brohoof 4

The Drama about Slenderman pretty much proves that the majority of the Fandom does indeed consists of whining Teenagers.

Every freaking something happens or is introduced, the Fandom explodes.

Twilicorn, Equestria Girls, Some Memes, the Lyra Plushie, a few Episodes...etc.

And then comes the usual "I'm leaving", only to come a few weeks back to complain again.

*Sigh*....Bronies.

• Brohoof 2

I actually liked the little reference young children would not even know of him unless well..yeah anyway it was for fun or very likely for the fandom it was a really good add on and got to say a little nightmare foul will not hurt anypony right? in party of one Pinkie had a Cupcakes reference in Lesson zero Twilight had a Lord of the rings Gollum scene and well Rover another Gollum so references have happened before in the show also to the Lesson zero it is also a reference to paranoid Twilight but this  new writer has really got into the references last episode a pony had a grumpy cat cutiemark.

Screw slenderman, I want to see some Cthulhu up in this show. I don't care if the fans have to look very hard or watch the episode frame by frame to find him sunbathing on the beach in a bikini. Make it happen, Hasbro!

• Brohoof 2

As long as Slendermane doesn't start murdering ponies i'm fine.

Also maybe he's a local and just wants a friend.

OR MAYBE

HE'S GOLDEN DELICIOUS'S ROOMMATE

HEADCANON ACCEPTED

• Brohoof 1

I told exactly the same earlier in this topic: "Actually hell in ancient mythology is called "Hades" Tartarus is a prison for the titans. The titans are not the darkspawn forces. The titans is the incarnation of the natural elements. I have nothing against their presence in mlp"

Ehhh... Am I said that I going to leave fandom? I said that my rainbow illusions were shattered, and I feel very bad, that's all that I said. I can't leave fandom, I just joined lol :)

yeah, sorry, what I meant was people claim the show is ruined for dumb reasons ^^'

Sladerman in MLP... I saw a lot of posts where people found this funny. I found this terrible. I'll try to expain: MLP is (or was untill this moment) almost the only ray of light in my soul, and now, right at this moment I feel like this ray faded. If darkness had penetrated even in MLP - cartoon which is the embodiment of light and kindness then now there is no hope for us (mankind) for me... "It just a harmless joke" Then haha... Bravo Hasbro, holding your way, add in MLP Freddy Krueger or Jason, or both. Add Satan, why not?

It's a sad day when someone has nothing better to do than to throw bawws over something this irrelevant. If the show writers and animators want to throw in easter eggs, that's their choice, no one elses, and I can think of over a dozen other things more worth your time than to get worked up over something as such. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others don't, and in addition to that, the show is not just for you or people with the same mindset as you, so I'd broaden my tolerance, if I were you, and perhaps reexamine just what this show is. 'Embodiment of light and kindness' isn't an accurate definition, really. Anything with villains, anything with disagreement altogether isn't going to be that. That describes G3 more than it does G4 xD

• Brohoof 1

Sladerman in MLP... I saw a lot of posts where people found this funny. I found this terrible. I'll try to expain: MLP is (or was untill this moment) almost the only ray of light in my soul, and now, right at this moment I feel like this ray faded. If darkness had penetrated even in MLP - cartoon which is the embodiment of light and kindness then now there is no hope for us (mankind) for me... "It just a harmless joke" Then haha... Bravo Hasbro, holding your way, add in MLP Freddy Krueger or Jason, or both. Add Satan, why not?

I understand completely and will not degrade my credibility by attempting to degrade how seriously you take MLP. Last year, I constructed a mindset that viewed views Equestria as the ultimate utopia, the ideal society and world towards which all humans should strive, what with its notable lack of corruption, despair, and immorality. As such, I can understand why such a revelation would shock the Equestrian ideal to its core.

However.

Let us not forget the other monstrosities that exist in the MLP universe. Discord, King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, and all of the monsters of the Everfree Forest can surely compare to Slendermane in terms of evil, if one considers their implications. Why do these monsters exist in such a pure world? To contrast the purity of Equestrian society with their darkness. Without black, how could you define the shade of white? Do not despair; the presence of definite evil indicates the presence of definite good to combat it.

I hope that this comment may help to restore hope within you.

Oh come on, it's not that bad.

'm sorry, but that is taking it all out of proportion.

It sounds like you're overreacting just a bit....nothing bad happened. Stop overreacting. 

It's a sad day when someone has nothing better to do than to throw bawws over something this irrelevant.

You are overreacting. Of that there is no question.

I wish some of you people would stop over analyzing / freaking out so much, it's a TV show at the end of the day not the world

Get over it and get your shit together

Your writing all this over a cartoon show about ponies, doesn't it seem just  tiny weenie bit over reacting to you?  MLP is not real, it is a show, it will never be real but we can all still enjoy it.  You need a reality check. 

Never underestimate the power of idealization. It is immensely frustrating for both parties when one refuses to take another's dream seriously.

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 2

Never underestimate the power of idealization. It is immensely frustrating for both parties when one refuses to take another's dream seriously.

I'm not underestimating anything, I can't exactly take what he is saying seriously that's all.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not underestimating anything, I can't exactly take what he is saying seriously that's all.

That is correct. My point was (and I probably should have stated this originally) that 's despair cannot be cured without taking the idealization of MLP seriously, so not taking it seriously is theoretically useless. I assumed originally that the purpose of responding to this post was as an attempt to cure that despair...?

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

That is correct. My point was (and I probably should have stated this originally) that zev_zev's despair cannot be cured without taking the idealization of MLP seriously, so not taking it seriously is theoretically useless. I assumed originally that the purpose of responding to this post was as an attempt to cure that despair...?

He does know he doesn't have to take the show correct, right? It's not exactly despair unless this one thing is actually making him suffer, I wouldn't call it despair.

It's starting to seem alot like grim dark (sings)

If that's what was happening i'm all for it,

I think there's nothing more amazing than seeing something truely pure get corrupted.

And most fans of party of one would agree with me.

Or lesson 0.

you found an easter egg.

there are dragons in equistria that tried to crush eggs for funs sake.

murder.  what's slender main done?

He does know he doesn't have to take the show [seriously] correct, right? It's not exactly despair unless this one thing is actually making him suffer, I wouldn't call it despair.

I think Feel would be a more appropriate term here, rather than Know. I may be putting myself in his shoes too much here--and call me out on this if I am, --but a moral system such as the idealization of Equestria isn't really based on knowing so much as on feeling. Neither of these are really "right," at least in my opinion and the opinion of most psychologists...there's a perspective issue here. For example, I'll quote the page describing the Myers-Briggs personality type that tends most towards this form of idealization, INFP:

"INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of introverted Feeling. Being inward-turning, the natural attraction is away from world and toward essence and ideal...The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner Essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind."

People with this type of personality view the world as Good Versus Evil, and anything striking a blow against Good is Evil and should be dealt with as such. Am I insisting that Zev here is an INFP? Not necessarily. However, there are many people who have this perspective on life. What I am trying to do by analyzing this on such a deep level is try and give you an insight into Zev's perspective, and why he feels that he must take MLP so seriously.

Due to the fact that I utilized this kind of "idealizing MLP and taking it very seriously" to radically shift my mindset last year, shaping my experiences and who I am today, I am used to analyzing this perspective very deeply as well as defending its position.

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 1

I think feel would be a more appropriate term here, rather than Know. I may be putting myself in his shoes too much here--and call me out on this if I am, zev_zev--but a moral system such as the idealization of Equestria isn't really based on knowing so much as on feeling. Neither of these are really "right," at least in my opinion and the opinion of most psychologists...there's a perspective issue here. For example, I'll quote the page describing the Myers-Briggs personality type that tends most towards this form of idealization, INFP:

"INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of introverted Feeling. Being inward-turning, the natural attraction is away from world and toward essence and ideal...The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner Essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind."

People with this type of personality view the world as Good Versus Evil, and anything striking a blow against Good is Evil and should be dealt with as such. Am I insisting that Zev here is an INTP? Not necessarily. However, there are many people who have this perspective on life. What I am trying to do by analyzing this on such a deep level is try and give you an insight into Zev's perspective, and why he feels that he must take MLP so seriously.

Due to the fact that I used this kind of "idealizing MLP and taking it very seriously" to radically shift my mindset last year and hence it shaped my experiences and who I am today, I am used to analyzing this kind of subject very deeply, as well as defending its position.

I'm all for analyzing the show from a different perspective to view the show in a different way, since everyone has their own idealization of the show in their own way. Not saying either of you guys are wrong, I just view the show in my own way.

• Brohoof 1

Um... either your doing your very best to get attention, or this is a common case of "slight overreaction" regardless I think this was a silly post, and your wording leads me to think this is your way at crying out for friends through means of some fan made idea of a horror figure in the MLP show...which this sounds like all it is, a fan idea for fun, or you just want to make a scene to attract postings. This isn't the first dark evil or emo idea to come into the world of MLP franchise ideas... heck ever heard of Pony Amnesia? If you can't handle something as simple as a fun fan or Hasbro idea of Slenderman.. then you'll throw yourself off a building seeing from this reaction no offense, or the backstory of Sombra even? Don't watch it man you might just lose it for sure if you haven't already lol.

Point being, lighten up and chillax, you'll give yourself an ulser.

• Brohoof 1