Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Rainbow Dash to sing more / have her own song in FiM?

Jangocoolguy

Do you like Rainbow Dash's singing voice?  

62 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Rainbow Dash's singing voice?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. In which song did Rainbow Dash have her best part in?

• At The Gala
    • Find A Pet
    • Winter Wrap-Up
    • What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me
    • A True, True, Friend
    • Art of the Dress (Reprise)
    • Generousity
    • Ballad of the Crystal Ponies
    • Time To Come Together (Equestria Girls)
    • Cafeteria Song (Equestria Girls)
  3. 3. Does Rainbow Dash deserve her own song?

• Of course! She has a majestic voice that would fit perfectly in a song!
    • Why not? She needs her moment to shine.
    • Meh, I don't really care.
    • Rainbow Dash? Singing? What do you mistake me for?
    • Ew no.
    • I'll die if she gets her own song.
  4. 4. Finally, where would you like Rainbow Dash to finally get her own song?

• My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks
    • My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 5

Maybe they just don't feel it's very in character with Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash DID say it was weird to suddenly break into song for no reason in the recent Rarity episode. And in "Find a Pet" Fluttershy is the one who begins to sing, RD simply joins in.

All the more reason to give her a song. She doesn't like to break into song every much, but when she does sing it'd be amazing, especially if her Gala solo is anything to go by

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe they just don't feel it's very in character with Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash DID say it was weird to suddenly break into song for no reason in the recent Rarity episode. And in "Find a Pet" Fluttershy is the one who begins to sing, RD simply joins in.

That was just to hang a lampshade on how Rarity was about to do the same thing, and she's had no real problem bursting out into song. If you wanna get technical about starting songs, Rainbow sang first in Winter Wrap Up too.

I'm not expecting it this season, simply because if McCarthy's tweet about which episodes will have songs this season is accurate, there's only two episodes with them left this season outside of the finale, and I'm not going to get my hopes up for either of them to be another Dash episode. Could happen, but we'll see. The fact is that she's sung less than any other main character bar Spike, and that's just silly.

What sounds really really cool to me though is a Dash musical episode like last week's. Pinkie Pride showed that a musical episode can do a lot in portraying a character's emotions and showing different sides of them and such, and I'd really love to see them do the same thing for Dashie. It'd make up for her song drought, hopefully be a moving and endearing episode that could make people look at her differently, and even work on a more meta level since she loves musicals :lol:. Do want :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I don't mind waiting at all.

One thing many fans have forgotten back in season 2 and 3 is waiting for applejack to sing as well, and look at her now, singing in many parts including her own main parts like raise this barn.

Rainbow dash will sing eventually, with half of the 4th season left, just wait and see. :)

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who doesn't like Dash's singing voice that much? She has something of a very nasal rasp that works against her singing, IMO.

Well I think that is why they don't have her sing often, as they have to take out the rasp, which then makes it not sound like rainbow dash anymore. 

Dashie isn't my favorite, but I'd love for her to have her own solo song. Judging from her singing from the Gala song and A True True Friend, she definitely deserves it.

They go late, they go big they go loud. She's probably going to have some HUUUUGE song after they others sing to her to try to get her to sing, then somthing will happen to them, and she'll sing her heart out, cuz just breaking out in song, while awsome for the others, just seems...... wrong for rainbow (Just a hunch! ^v^) besides, she had that grand galloping gala solo remember?

post-24367-0-05787200-1391453894.jpeg

post-24367-0-77556800-1391453905.jpeg

I don't really care if it's Dashie's thing or not...I'd love to hear her sing solo. The restof the mane 6 have had solo songs. (long or short, they were still songs)

As for Ashleigh Ball, she has her own band called "Hey! Ocean." and she did say it was rather hard for her to sing as Dash. So they could just go with a different VA all together.

• Brohoof 2

What makes it all further hilarious is that her voice actor is a singer in her own band </3 One would think having AJ/RD (the first of whom got one in Bats!) songs would be the easiest thing in the world. DHX, Ashley Ball, Y U no.

Realistically, it's got to be coming. I'd be surprised if Dash doesn't sing between now and the end of this season.

• Brohoof 2

Erm...ahm...awwhhhh....

Well, at least IMO I can not hear Rainbow solo singing anything other then "eye of the tiger". She has a great voice actor (who I assume does her minor singing parts in other songs) and for those who say she is just to boyish to sing, well...you might be onto something.

Rainbow, is just a hammer hitter. She does something once, does it the best, and is done with it. When she adds to a song she has a few lines, but refuses to carry the entire thing. It draws to much attention, and while a big fan of attention this isn't the kind her stereotype enjoys.

A singer is flat out starred at by there audience. Every inch of clothing, every muscle movement, solid eye contact, and movement is more noticed then the words they put out. This really is the reason why people enjoy live shows more so then a recorded song, there is so much more to enjoy past the sound.

RD isn't one to enjoy THAT kind of attention. Sure she loves to rock some pony in a fight, break the sound barrier, and show off how awesome she is, then lay back and have those around her flock to her. But those are sudden, fast, and quickly seen things. Which is her M.O. Lets put it like this, Dashie does a sonic-rain-boom, right? A few seconds of pure awesome. Now imagine it for an entire hour or two, it loses its awesome effect, at least in her eyes.

Perhaps the writers are trying to express these elements in keeping her away from the MIC. Perhaps the voice Actress doesn't want to do a full song, or they can not find someone to just hit the perfect lyrics down on paper for miss Awesome-hooves. I do not know, frankly she is DUE a full song, then again, so is SPIKE!!!...oh ya I went there.

And all of this is coming from the least loving Brony too R.D that draws breath. She is NOT best pony (we all know Rarity is!) but she has in this fans eyes, earned her stripes and cut her teeth. SO I say, give it to her! Let her have an entire episode, flightless, broken winged, forced to protect Scoots or an Injured friend on the way back to ponyville from the villain of the week and let her have a deep, slow, rather sad song. There is a lot of pain in that Mares chest, her past is a mess and her current life is more a mask and show then anything with substance. Let her let it out Hasbro! DHX! Get on it!

• Brohoof 3

I personally think that she has a nice, if not different, singing voice.

Her verse in 'at the gala' was my favourite of the song!

She really needs a full rainbow dash song, and a good one, not some quickly put together rubbish, but a good one :)

Rainbow needs some musical love too hasbro :(

I hope it comes soon B)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

I think Rainbow Dash is in extreme need of her own song. We've waited 5 years now and still, she doesn't have her own song. Yet the rest of the Mane 6 have already had their own solo songs, and some have had more than one. I really hope Daniel writes a song for Rainbow Dash to sing in Rainbow Rocks or Season 5.

Edited by RainbowDangerDashie
  • Brohoof 1