Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Breastfeeding scene on MLP:FiM? Ok or ‘not ok’?

Sholem Itzhak

Breastfeeding scene in MLP:FiM?  

99 users have voted

1. 1. Would you be ok with a Breastfeeding scene in MLP:FiM?

• Ok
    • Not Ok

Real horse teats are weird for anthropomorphic characters, but human breasts are weird for ponies, so...  I dunno.

Edited by Pudu (Rainshine)

• 3 years later...

Er, I personally am all for mother's breastfeeding. But...that would mean giving ponies boobs.

Do you see where this could be heading?

yep, that, and I don't see how something like that would be able to get past the censors. Sure, Henson somehow got past it, (Notice the shirt wasn't lifted, no boob exposed), and as far as the rugrats, that was the 1990s, and that show was really meant for kids older than 8, plus, Nickelodeon and Viacom (nick's parent corp), did not have the smartest or most well-aware editors at the time, heck, look at Ren and Stimpy! They only got wise when John Kricfaluski (Who created Ren and Stimpy) put a scene in Ren and Stimpy where Ren straight-up murders a man on-Screen by beating him to death with a boat oar!  After that, Every Nick show was revised and censored! 

Im sure Hasbro is a bit more alert when it comes to "Getting Crap past the Radar, and a breastfeeding foal isn't exactly stealthy . Now, yes, its not sexual in the least, and personally, it would not phase me (breastfeeding in public does not bother me anyways) , however, I don't know how most kids or parents would react, especially when you consider where the breasts of a pony would be (as many artists have "Helpfully" shown us!) 

In short, giving ponies visible breasts, and having a foal nurse, especially considering where they would be, may go over like a lead balloon with some kids and parents, especially when we got oversensitive idiot parents who claim their kids Hatchimals are saying "F**** me!" 

Anyone ever see Fantasia?  The segment based on Beethoven's 6th (the Greek mythology segment), started with a foal breastfeeding (IIRC, it was a Pegasus but it's been 25+ years & ICR). Point being that was a 1940 Disney film!  If it was OK for Disney that long ago, it should be OK on TV today, even TVY.

That being so, I would still be opposed to a gratuitous breastfeeding scene.  If it was integral to the plot, I'd be OK with it.

I'd be fine with it, though w/ the show's short run time, where and why would they cram it in? It's only 20 minutes.  

Though I do find it sad that most of the world has this puritanical hatred of using breasts for their intended purposes. 

Here is a horse in a cartoon giving birth and breastfeeding. Enjoy.

Now, why does this need to be in MLP, which is about equines who are vastly different to the ones in the movie above?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it, I'm all for realism in everything. Heck, I backed the idea of putting genitals into cannon episodes because I saw it was realistic and not for some perversion which was probably its base inspiration, but lets be honest, if they put a scene like that, even with BG ponies, people would blow it to hell and back out of proportion. :unamused:

The guys into foalcon would eat this up and proceed to turn it into the worst thing ever. ex: 

"Mare getting a teat-job from a foal, she's a foalcon!"

Which would most likely ricochet into the press as mothers world-wide bashed hasbro for allegedly putting sexual content into a children's tv show. Don't think they would? Let me state one single episode title: "The Last Roundup".

Not so sure they wouldn't now, that they wouldn't over something so trivial, now are you? :dry:

Overall, while I'm all for the idea, it would just be the worst thing ever because internet and idiots.

I would not be fine with "breast" (cause you know, not exactly a breast for horses) feeding in MLP. As Eris pointed out back in 2014, it would start heading somewhere not so innocent. 

Anyone ever see Fantasia?  The segment based on Beethoven's 6th (the Greek mythology segment), started with a foal breastfeeding (IIRC, it was a Pegasus but it's been 25+ years & ICR). Point being that was a 1940 Disney film!  If it was OK for Disney that long ago, it should be OK on TV today, even TVY.

That being so, I would still be opposed to a gratuitous breastfeeding scene.  If it was integral to the plot, I'd be OK with it.

Not really. What was acceptable long time ago, has gotten more censored nowadays. 

Back in the days, Disney used to be a lot more darker for instance, in violent villain deaths. Nowadays, you barely even see that. 

So what was acceptable in the past is not necessarily acceptable nowadays. 

Ponies have udders, not breasts, so what would be the point? In any case, breastfeeding advocates seem to want to paint breastfeeding as OMG SPESHUL WONDERFUL UNIQUE when in actual fact, it's normal. Every single mammal does it without all this publicity.

Here is a mare feeding her foal. Do you really want this on MLP?

img-2292450-1-r173461_655799.jpg

I laughed so much imagining the MLP fan arts xDDD 

even if drawed as a total SFW and cute mom/kid moment, it would be weird xD because mlp babies are so small and i imagined the mom standing up and the baby hanging there like "HELP :love: "

• Brohoof 2

Oh for the love of-it would not mean pony boobs. It would just mean a nursing animal. Mares have teats they use to nurse their foals. Haven't you ever watched animal planet? Or you know, seen a real live animal? Geez. Xo

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Breastfeeding on the show is "not ok" simply due to the fact that equine anatomy would make the act of breastfeeding rather.... awkward to say the least. We have characters who are very anthropomorphized in terms of their mentality, at least. It would be very jarring to see characters with the mental capacity of FiM's ponies breast feeding their young with freakin crotch boobs xD

Personally, I would love to see the show maturing in various ways, but when you are dealing with something like this, there is plainly no conceivable way this could be pulled off in a way general audiences would view as "acceptable" (especially considering the target demographic of the source material in question).

Yes, let's take a show already notorious for its Rule 34 content and give one of the characters tits. Brilliant.

uhm...'scuse me but...R34...nothing escapes it.

if it gives MLP a bad name, then it will sure as the sun rises, give everything a bad name.

• 4 years later...