gaming Which console did you grew up with in the 90's?

~Silver Essence~

LOL 90s! 80's born here, had an Odyessy and then a NES. Bam! Graduate to a PS1 after that and PC Gaming in between the two consoles. Then I bought an Xbox (original xbox, that big black and green thing) for Halo, then 360, a PSP when they launched, to the Xbox One.

Also still PC Gaming.

Edited by Cstriker

• 3 months later...

I never grew up with video games because my mom could never afford them, but I probably would have grown up with N64, as I was 5 years old when it came out. I picked one up today at this new place called Oogie games. They've everything from old and new and I hope they take over when Gamestop goes out of business. And they will. If they keep sticking with current and last-gen video games, they're gonna be in trouble once Digital gaming takes over.

Agreed, but I used the Nintendo 64 alot more often though.

Yeah.....Super Smash Bros.  That was a classic, along with Zelda.

• Brohoof 1

Which zelda game did you prefer OOT or MM

OOT, however, i never finished the game and to this day, i still haven't finished it............fell asleep in the middle of it, :lol:

(edited)

For me it was also the Playstation:

playstation-1.jpg

This system gave me both joy and frustration with such games as: the Spyro the Dragon series, the Crash Bandicoot series, Jet Moto, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid, the Gex series, the Digimon series, and the Megaman series to name a few.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

For me it was also the Playstation:

playstation-1.jpg

This system gave me both joy and frustration with such games as: the Spyro the Dragon series, the Crash Bandicoot series, Jet Moto, Parasite Eve, Metal Gear Solid, the Gex series to name a few.

I too had this classic system. ;)

I had them all, SNES was probably the one I spent the most time on though. It was such a big jump from the NES, of course still had that hooked up too though for Duck Hunt.  :squee:

Even after getting the PSX or one of the later 90's systems, I still spent most my time on the SNES probably. I poured many hours into Super Metroid, playing through it several times. Just can't get enough of that game. Also other classics like Killer Instinct, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country, or Clay Fighter to name a few.

For me, there were two.

The first was the Sega Genesis, and while it wasn't the first console I really played, it was the one that really took hours of my daytime!

The other was the original PlayStation, and I think with that one it really confirmed to me that I was a gamer!

Ever since then, there has been NO turning back!

This Nintendo 64, right here.

mLWHKpi.jpg

Yes, I'm serious. This is the same Nintendo 64 I grew up on. Still working, too. Not really surprising though, these things were built like Nokias.

• Brohoof 4

I grew up with the good 'ol SNES (Which I still have) playing Super Castlevania IV and Super Mario All Stars, I also played my copy of Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy player cartridge.

In the 90's lol?  My adventures in video gaming began with the Nintendo Entertainment System...  In the 80's. xD  I'm old, apparently.  I had an NES and a bulky gray GameBoy; first video game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt.  Later on I had a SNES and a bulky green Play It Loud! GameBoy.  Owned a Nintendo 64, a PS1, a Gamecube, a GameBoy Advance, and so on.  Currently, I own a RetroDuo (with which to play 8-bit and 16-bit carts - even SFC), a Wii U, a 3DS XL, and a nearly totally abandoned PS3 (that I mostly use for Hulu and watchin' pony DVDs!).

This Nintendo 64, right here.

img-2706101-1-mLWHKpi.jpg

Yes, I'm serious. This is the same Nintendo 64 I grew up on. Still working, too. Not really surprising though, these things were built like Nokias.

My friend gave me a Nintendo 64 that survived a HOUSE FIRE.  It worked fine.  Only thing wrong with it was that the power button was stuck in the "on" position lol.

• Brohoof 2

My friend gave me a Nintendo 64 that survived a HOUSE FIRE.  It worked fine.  Only thing wrong with it was that the power button was stuck in the "on" position lol.

The wonders of Nintendonium

• Brohoof 2

I was a PlayStation kid, and remained that way until the release of the Nintendo GameCube. The PS1s we owned though went through many trials and tribulations, and three died in honorable service (one fell on the floor, two were surged). RIP in pepperonis

All but one of my other friends were Nintendo kids, which I suppose is more the trend I observe.

We didn't get our PS1 until Christmas of 1999, so the only console that we had for the majority of the 90's was the Sega Genesis, and I wasted many an hour playing it. To this day, I still enjoy playing some of the older games through an emulator, and sometimes I even prefer to do that even though I've got a perfectly good PS3 at my disposal.

The PS1, big time. Even if there are many other games and consoles I now prefer, the PS1 will always have a special place in my heart. :P The Crash Bandicoot trilogy are my most favourite PS1 games. :3 I grew up with my PS1 in the early 2000's, however... xP

Here is a cutesy photo of my PS1. It still works! :D

post-26117-0-20841400-1401952458_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

SEGA Mega Drive + Sonic the Hedgehog 2 = my childhood B)