Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Super famous forum memebers

Best Username Ever

A lot of super-popular members have come and gone (even a few I thought would be here forever), but it's usually easy enough to tell who's on the rise. Just hang around the Forum Games section; that seems to be the habitat where they thrive. 

Needless to say, I almost never hang out there, that's why I remain blissfully in the shadows. :proud:

@Dark Horse Is the most famous Irish pone in the known universe. Tis be true.

As for myself? I don't think I have much in the way of popularity these days, assuming I ever did in the first place. If I am known for stuff, I am not sure I want to even know what it is.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

This message can go for even outside of forums. I’d just be yourself and chat with who you think is cool as opposed to trying to be popular. I’d rather be myself and have like three friends than be fake and have twenty. I wouldn’t consider it a real friendship if it was built on lies.

As for how, idk. I think it’s one of those things that some people just become popular. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I already chimed in on this thread but worthy of note is the fact that many popular forum members are staff so they’re highly involved by necessity; they know and interact with lots of ponies. Also worth noting is the fact that popularity is a relative term. Some ponies are very popular in their own cliques while others are known more far and wide. This doesn’t mean the latter are more popular; just more visible. No one should feel like they matter less; if they want to make a bigger splash they should frequent the Forum Games section and dazzle up their profile with some silly words or pictures. Just be the best ‘you’ you can be. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2014-03-04 at 4:56 AM, Best Username Ever said:

I have noticed there are a few forum members who are so popular everyone knows there names and there statuses hit the comment limit and just out of interest i am wondering how do these people become the forums celebrities i am just a regular old forum user who isn't known by anyone and i do want to make a lot more friends here like those popular people so i have more then a handful of notifications when i log in so i can spend longer talking to people on here. I always worry people won't like me because i am boring and my profile doesn't say much about me.

Being apart of the popular crowd is lame. Come sit in the back and hang out with the real cool kids. 

On 2014-03-05 at 2:07 PM, Wade Barrett said:

You want to be popular?

Kiss ass. Namedrop popular members. Flock to their status updates. Kiss the ass of admins and moderators. Flock to THEIR status updates. Jam yourself into a clique. Laugh at unfunny jokes. If their posts are contentious or downright offensive, brohoof and agree anyway. When a "nicest members" thread springs up, namedrop popular members even if they're actually arseholes. Think not for yourself, only the popular herd

....But it doesn't matter because, trust me, I’ve been the best since day one when I walked into this forum. And I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because the less popular members saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a less popular forum members guy. You know who else is a less forum popular members guy?...Well, most of those who posted only a few times. And they split just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and them is I’m going to leave with the Brohoof Championship. I’ve grabbed so many of this forums imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they're just that, they’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six months, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best at posting, at status updates, even in the blogs! Nobody can touch me! If your account isn't a certain age, or you haven't kissed a certain ass, no matter how many times you prove it, you won't be on the lovely little collector cups. you won't be on the cover of the program. You'll be barely mentioned. You won't get to be in movies. You won't get to be on any crappy show on the USA Network. You won't on the banner of the forum. You won't be in the signature that’s produced by any member here. You won't be on Conan O’Brian. You won't be on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, we should be.

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are thinking of brohoofing me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who are brohoofing those popular members right now. You’re the ones that take their signatures that my face isn’t on the cover of. And then at five in the morning when i'm checking this forum before work, you try to shove it in my face and get me to brohoof it because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving with the Brohoof Championship on March 17th. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it on Gaia Online. Maybe…I’ll go back to GameFAQ's.

*waves at screen* Hey, Hulkster92, how ya doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour brohoofs into this forum and onto those members. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Those members are going to grow in popularity despite themselves. They are famous members who should be super famous. You know why they're not super famous? Because they surround themselves with glad-handed, nonsensical, douchebag yes men, who’s going to tell them everything they want to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this forum will better after those popular members are gone. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by more idiotic veteran posters and their doofus friends and the rest of their stupid fans.

Punk-Pipe-Bomb-300x168.png

By the way, i'm not actually serious. Except for the top line and third paragraphs. Those are deadly serious.

This is still by far the greatest response on this thread and I'm sorry you didn't get the praise for this you deserved back then.
This CM Punk speech is great.

• Brohoof 1