Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things in the fandom that scare you the most

TheUnionJake

What it the ENTIRE universe of Mlp scares you, you don't want to talk about, think about it. It could be haters, bad/horrifying fan fics or even *shudders* clopping. Post your opinions please, we're all friends here.

post-23986-0-10176700-1393942345.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

the thing that im scared of the most is the fan-fics that have the main 6 killing each other ..... im scared for life after i read one .

Edited by rosetornmagic
  • Brohoof 2

My grievance is a lack of openmindedness along with stubbornness that leads to explosions of 'fandom drama' which are always completely unnecessary, more or less. A lot of people seem to think their 'ideal' should apply to the fandom as a whole and conveniently forget the incredible diversity of the fanbase.

• Brohoof 6

I love this fandom and everything weird (gore, fanfics, r34, homocide )

The only thing I don't like is the stupidity and igorance of some bronies.

• Brohoof 3

Those who act like MLP ponies are real. If you seriously believe you are IRL friends with Pinkie Pie, go see a doctor because something is wrong with you.

On a similar note, I saw a thread about tulpas, which is basically a fancy word for an imaginary friend that adults say to feel less ridiculous about not outgrowing that. That's pretty weird too.

• Brohoof 5

Those grimdark stories the fandom produces, like Cupcakes, Cheerilee's  Garden, etc. I don't see why we have to have those, but I guess that comes with the territory of having a fandom -_-

Also, the fact that the .MOV series got popular  :eww: 

Ughh.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Some of the very detailed grimdark and R34 stories. I shake my head when I read them and they put a ton of detail into it.

I almost forgot a lot of the grimdark pictures I have seen creep me out the most.

Edited by Deadlyblack
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Also, the fact that the .MOV series got popular  :eww: 

What's wrong with that? I liked the first few. I stopped liking them at the point that Max realized he didn't have to come up with jokes and could just recycle the same one-liners and people would not only continue to eat that shit up the same but, they'd actually eat that shit up more because he didn't take any risks and he can call them all callbacks even when he has little to know actual original jokes whatsoever.  -_- That and the pretentious turn the Ask Jappleack blog took but I just complained about pretentiousness with Digibrony so I don't want too come off as the type of person that labels everything that tries to do anything even slightly artistic that way.  :P

The first few were still well animated and funny to me, though and I don't think the series as a whole is awful but it's really annoying when each one took several months and it's just the same jokes you saw last time over and over again. (Not complaining about the time it took, complaining about the actual script being pitiful for how much time the animation took.) Not horrible, though.  :derp:

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 1

Some of the very detailed grimdark and R34 stories. I shake my head when I read them and they put a ton of detail into it.

I almost forgot a lot of the grimdark pictures I have seen creep me out the most.

I just realized what R34 stands for ._.

Also im actually more scared of vore and violent fanfics. I hated smile HD so much.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I just realized what R34 stands for ._.

Also im actually more scared of vore and violent fanfics. I hated smile HD so much.

Oh, Smile HD was the greatest thing I've seen all year. 

Though, yes, Sweet Apple Massacre (and I'm probably going to be shunned for even saying the name) scared the ever-living heck outta me...

EDIT: Actually... the pony video for Want It, Need It (Hold Me) kinda creeped me out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20jsywkLaY

Edited by ClandestineWubs
  • Brohoof 2

Do people really find Cupcakes to be that scary? I'll agree that it was disturbing, yes, but to me (maybe since I read a lot of creepypasta and grimdark fics) it was actually a very average fic. I fail to see why everyone still seems so freaked out about it. There's way worse out there (like Sweet Apple Massacre).

• Brohoof 2

Grimdark stories thrive in a place that is filled with innocence and light because they know the dark can thrive where love grows.

That said Grimdark is needed in most fandoms as a sudden jolt to the reader we all fear the dark because we can't see what it holds basic nature.

As for Cupcakes not scary or anything really Imo I was like this whilst reading it.... 

post-24626-0-95306400-1393988050.gif

the thing that im scared of the most is the fan-fics that have the main 6 killing each other ..... im scared for life after i read one .

You wouldn't have read "The Cough" by chance, would you have? lol

I fear that the fandom will one day die out, and bronies will be no more, THAT is my biggest fear! :(

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Phst fat chance Kim Possible died just about a decade ago and it's still pretty strong Fandom.

Ponies will be here long after we are gone...mainly because they will evolve into this Oblivion ....

post-24626-0-23883900-1393989105.jpg

Edited by Its Pinkie Pie

Nothing can last forever, but what scares me the most is that someday, everyone here will have moved on to another place/fandom/etc. I hope this fandom stands together for a long time though, atleast until Im old enough to actually go to a convention haha. But yea, greatest fear: dying enthusiasm 

• Brohoof 3

Most gorefics bore me rather than scare me but there are a couple of them that I do like Cupcakes and Ponyville Swat come to mind because they are both hilarious. Cupcakes is so ridiculously over the top and out of character that I can't help but laugh at it and Ponyville Swat is an excellent parody of the complete and utter stupidity and hypocrisy of the drug war and the brutal tactics used in it. And well I like clop um, a lot but there is some clop that while it is not my thing I can understand but there is some that occasionally makes even me go "what the hell is wrong with you?" Guro (extremely violent R34) that comes to mind when I think of the really disturbing clop, but thankfully there isn't anywhere near as much of it as there is in a lot of other fandoms I have been a part of. That is really the closest thing I can think of because the other things I don't like about the fandom actually annoy me far more than they disturb me.