Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Has Been The Most Painful Experience Of Your Life?

Venomous

When I was really young, my brother thew a stick and it went through my lip. 

Like, all the way though.

It was dreadful.

That's actually pretty insane.

• Brohoof 1

That's actually pretty insane.

It was really awful. The pain was a 100-10.  My mother was there, and ran up to me and took me inside.  Within a few minutes our neighbors were at my house, and honestly I don't remember too well it was so long ago.  All I do know is that I have a scar.   :(

• Brohoof 1

My first semi-GF, more than friends but not quite official. I really wanted someone to love and I did love her because we both were very emotional people. We lived 2 hours away and I didn't have a car at the time. A simple internet misunderstanding ruined my chance of worthiness to her, yet I still respected her no matter what she thought of me. She fell in love with someone else and I was happy that she was happy, so I let her go. When I see couples (I even see them now as I type this) it pains me because I wish I could be in love again.

• Brohoof 1

I had a few painful experiences.

1) When I was 7, I had to get part of my skin on my arm removed because of skin cancer. I still have the scars to this day and people always ask me what happened. I never talk about though.

2) Getting my bottom wisdom teeth removed was painful because the tooth was where my nerves were. The operation itself didn't hurt but the three days afterward were very painful.

3) When I was 3, I was super close to breaking my neck when I fell down the stairs at my Grandmother's house. My parents and my grandmother thought I did because I didn't move after the fall.

4) Okay, this isn't physical pain but I think it's worth sharing. When I was 4, I witnessed my Dad having a heart attack. To this day, I can remember having to rush him to the hospital with my Mom.

• Brohoof 1

I mentioned this in another thread. A couple of years ago, I fell down a whole flight of stairs. I'm not sure, but I think I lost consciousnesses for a few seconds. My husband (boyfriend at the time) would not let me move and called an ambulance. I was in a lot of pain, and it was really scary because he was crying. Nothing broken, but I was in pain for days, and lived on the couch because I could hardly move.

When I was in high school, I was playing tennis with my best friend. Things were getting cut-throat, and I ended up getting hit square in the throat with the ball. I collapsed and couldn't breath for what felt like eternity. I handled it better than she did though. She was running around screaming for help. I would have laughed if I didn't think I was dying! I could only talk in a whisper for a while after that. My throat was sore for DAYS!

When I got my first car, I was in a terrible car accident. It wasn't painful at the time, it was worse. The impact stunned me. I was awake, but I literally was completely paralyzed until I was put in the back of the ambulance. I don't remember it, but I was told I begged them not to tow my car back up the street. I was afraid they'd go past my house (Yes, I crashed on my own street) and my mom would panic. At the hospital, the police officer who responded told me it was the worst accident he ever saw where the driver lived through it. Then he gave me a ticket for reckless driving. I still insist it wasn't my fault. My car got hung up on a puddle and hydroplaned I couldn't get out of the way before some guy in a full size Dodge Ram pickup crashed right into my driver side door! He was speeding, but the stupid misinformed cop ticketed me! I was released from the hospital that night. I couldn't turn my head for over a week, and I had a really embarrassing bruise shaped like a seat belt that took FOREVER to go away! Luckily I was wearing it though, or I'd most likely be dead now. My poor car was totally destroyed. The stupid pickup was fine though. He had one of those HUGE custom bumpers on the front!  This isn't the actual truck, but that's what it looked like. Imagine that coming at you at sixty plus miles an hour! All I could do was turn away and close my eyes!

1000x1000.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I went to the dentist this one time, and the lady was gonna floss my teeth. I had a loose tooth at the time and it wasn't ready to come out, so I told her not to do it so hard on that one tooth. She still flossed them really hard and my tooth came out. It bled.. a lot. What makes the experience worse is that I had to get 2 more of my teeth pulled out on the same day.

Also, once we were doing the long jump for P.E (We were doing it outside), and it was my turn. So I jumped as far as I could. I fell on my face, then I fell on my stomach, then I fell on my face again (basically like skipping rocks on the water). Everyone was laughing.. BUT I JUMPED THE FARTHEST! :D (well one of the farthest).

Edited by PonyLaces

I went to the dentist this one time, and the lady was gonna floss my teeth. I had a loose tooth at the time and it wasn't ready to come out, so I told her not to do it so hard on that one tooth. She still flossed them really hard and my tooth came out. It bled.. a lot. What makes the experience worse is that I had to get 2 more of my teeth pulled out on the same day.

Also, once we were doing the long jump for P.E (We were doing it outside), and it was my turn. So I jumped as far as I could. I fell on my face, then I fell on my stomach, then I fell on my face again (basically like skipping rocks on the water). Everyone was laughing.. BUT I JUMPED THE FARTHEST! :D (well one of the farthest).

Hey, at least you jumped the farthest.

:P

• Brohoof 2

Sun poisoning. Went on a seven hour kayaking trip with my friends, and I did use and reapply sunscreen, but it was apparently ineffective. I had horrible sunburns all around my shoulders, arms, and neck. There were awful yellow blisters everywhere. I took the first day off from work that week, and you know what I did the entire day? I lay perfectly still on the couch, doing my best to not move a muscle, because every little movement hurt. Now, whenever I go swimming or boating, I'm obsessive with how much sunscreen I use.

One funny thing did happen because of the sun poisoning, though. I was walking around the office bent over because it hurt to stand up straight with my shirt rubbing against my skin, and the manager finally got fed up and told me to take my shirt off and work like that for the rest of the day. So I take my shirt off, and I'm standing in front of three of my coworkers who are all females when the shop foreman walks in and asks what the hell am I doing with my shirt off in front of all of them.

• Brohoof 3

Sun poisoning. Went on a seven hour kayaking trip with my friends, and I did use and reapply sunscreen, but it was apparently ineffective. I had horrible sunburns all around my shoulders, arms, and neck. There were awful yellow blisters everywhere. I took the first day off from work that week, and you know what I did the entire day? I lay perfectly still on the couch, doing my best to not move a muscle, because every little movement hurt. Now, whenever I go swimming or boating, I'm obsessive with how much sunscreen I use.

One funny thing did happen because of the sun poisoning, though. I was walking around the office bent over because it hurt to stand up straight with my shirt rubbing against my skin, and the manager finally got fed up and told me to take my shirt off and work like that for the rest of the day. So I take my shirt off, and I'm standing in front of three of my coworkers who are all females when the shop foreman walks in and asks what the hell am I doing with my shirt off in front of all of them.

I've never seen sunburns referred to as "sun poisoning".

Anyone try wolf hunting

I have with my best friend

We had been hunting this thing down for a few days and she and I see the wolf I was to the right she was to the left

So she shout the wolf and the bulet is still going it goes through its chest and into mine and she was so scared

Any way she speeds to the hospital with me the doctor asked what happen she is crying and screaming help him help him

The round barely missed my heart so I wak up to her just crying for my life and it wasn't fun to be unconscious in the hospital it's scary waking up but I was so happy that she did not kill me we are still friends to this day

P.s don't bring friends hunting with a bolt action rifle

Edited by Blitz101

I remember one time as a kid I stepped on a pretty sharp nail. Thankfully, it didn't sink in too far, but nowadays I am very cautious with how I use nails. Thinking about it makes me kind of nervous. x_x

I know others that been through much worse, however. I know this one kid who has one of his fingers cut off after putting his hand in a mower. x_x

Edited by Mienshao

When I was very young, my dentist raged. He pushed my head and pulled out my teeth so hard. It was very painful. That dentist needs to quit his job. When I think about it, I feel anger. It was really really painful. 

Thankfully, my haven't lived my life to the point of having an unbelievably painful experience. The most pain I've gotten was the first time I broke my leg, which was a few years ago. I tend to do things with caution, so accidents rarely happen to me. And when they do, I'm definitely not ready for them.

Edited by Bradley

I had a malignant tumor removed from my knee. To make sure the cancer won't reappear they had to take some extra bits and twist my leg muscles in order to let my leg heal. In order to hold it together, they had to stitch my leg with 39 nails for a month. I was in terrible pains and had to take painkillers to relieve myself when it got especially bad or at night in order to fall asleep.

As if that wasn't bad enough, when i first stepped on my leg in order to try and walk for the first time after the recovery phase, i had to readjust to it's new state, and the moment i stepped on it, the initial jolt of pain that shot through my leg was so strong i had almost slipped into unconsciousness. 

I've never seen sunburns referred to as "sun poisoning".

It's basically the terminology which describes a very severe sunburn.  If I was just as red as a lobster, that would still have constituted a sunburn, but the presence of blisters covering most of the burn and the degree of painfulness bumped it into another category.  http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/sun-poisoning

After a couple of days, I went to my dermatologist seeking some sort of medication to help heal it, and she actually gasped when I took off my shirt.

I've always been a cautious and lucky person and have never been in so much pain.

Mine was probably when I felt my stomach was "wringing" itself.... It hurt pretty badly :wacko:.

• Brohoof 1