Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you plan to leave the fandom in the future?

Invalid

79 users have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Just a simple question and I'm curious how many people will stick around until their eventual departure from the fandom. Or not.

For me, I don't really see myself doing so anytime soon. Not that I'm planning to either since I've been enjoying much of the fan content. The drama and all else that would normally drive people away; Taken in moderation.

(edited)

Technically I've already "left" the fandom. I don't really take part in anything pony related these days. I come to the forum for non-pony things.

But as I've said in the last couple years: I'm kind of an on-season brony. When I'm watching the show, I will take part in MLP things on the forum or on Deviantart or something.

Right now I'm waiting for season 4 to end before I start watching it so right now I'm "off-season" even if the season is still running.

There's more activity in the middle of the season but I hate having to wait for new episodes when I'm into it. There's pros and cons to both methods. I was in the thick of it for most of season 3 and it was pretty enjoyable but I'm taking the other route this time.

It was after season 3 that I was doing some dev work for MLPForums/Poniverse. I didn't do any good for the site though. That kinda killed my MLP mood for awhile. (Some of you may have noticed my long absences recently.)

All in all I guess I've already "left" the fandom but I'll come running back when I start watching MLP again and of course I'll likely be on the forums until the community itself dies out. Just don't expect me to spend much, if any, time in the actual MLP-related sections. ;)

However, once I like something I pretty much like it forever so I'll always be a fan regardless of my involvement with the fandom. My fanboying comes and goes as well so sometimes I get pretty overzealous about it. :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Already did.

In a way.

I just hate being labelled a brony/pegasister. Sorry, but it's embarrassing considering the way the public views all bronies as man-children who have a number of mental disorders.

Edited by Novr
  • Brohoof 1

Already did.

In a way.

I just hate being labelled a brony/pegasister. Sorry, but it's embarrassing considering the way the public views all bronies as man-children who have a number of mental disorders.

Not that I'm gonna tell you that you should want to be labeled a brony or pegasister but I do feel that the stigma of the label doesn't actually affect you unless you let it. You will be labeled as such whether you want to or not just by liking the show even a little.

You know what they say about sticks & stones and words. :lol:

Nope. I don't see any reason to. And if I like something, I basically like it forever. If not I don't "like" it forever, I'll at least appreciate it and not suddenly start bashing it by saying "Ooh look how stupid I was back then". Doing that would be lame. There can be exceptions but only if something extreme happened that caused me to have a writhing hatred for the fandom which I doubt would happen.

well i don't have a actual plan to leave the fandom any time soon, or even ever. tough i can see myself leaving when i outgrow it. 

i've been in multiple fandoms before and every time i've just gotten bored of them and left. :(

tough i gotta say, i've been a brony longer then i've been part of any other fandom!

I don't see any reason why I'd leave. 

Sorry, but it's embarrassing considering the way the public
Why care what the public thinks? Most of it is full of idiots anyway. 
  • Brohoof 2

The lion king is 20 years old there are still lion king fans, a great lion king fan base, and art for lion king running around! It is my favorite movie and it hyas not died in the eyes of the true fans. 20 years strong I think MLP can do the same especially with the help of FiM since it sprouted every single one of us into MLP fanbase. 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, not planning to do so in the near future, but I'm prepared to do so in case the show's quality decline in these 5 years to come, so I leave with the best terms possible, like I did with Pokemon and not Power Rangers