Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

There are no specific age or restrictions at all to be a brony. Pretty much, anyone can be a brony. I'd say if you like the show, and well everything that the fandom produces from the show, and like the fandom. I guess you classify as a brony. :)

Free for everyone to join.

I don't think there really is an established age yet. Although the typical Brony, at least what come to my mind when I think of the word, is someone in their teens or 20's.

Hello!

There's no Age limit required to be a brony... Plus, it's always for you to decide wheater you're a brony or not... Some people just dislike the idea, and don't call themselfs as "Bronies" even though they like the show...

You have to be at least 0 years old. Any younger than that, and things just get awkward, confusing, and in some cases disturbing. happy.png

• Brohoof 2

As everypony else has said, there really is no age limit on who can be a Brony. In my opinion, if you consider yourself a Brony, you're a Brony. If you don't consider yourself a Brony, you're not.

As Diggler brought up, Max, the creator of the .MOV series, doesn't consider himself a Brony, which is fine by me. You are who you want to be, after all.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Yep, that's how I see it.

We have a very strict age gap of between 0-130. I'm sorry but that's just the rules here, I don't make them. If you are either incredibly old or yet to be conceived I suggest taking it up with the moderators. Have a nice day.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, there can't really be a stark boundary for at what age you can be a brony... I say that if you consider yourself to be a brony, you are one (whatever that means).

This kinda segues into a different debate: what makes you a brony? I, personally, think that if you are out of the target demographic of the show and you like it and watch it with at least some regularity, you're definitely a brony. Of course, someone within the target demographic can be a brony as well... Like I said, if they consider themselves to be a brony, then they are one.

Also, being a part of the community (making art, being on forums such as these, etc.) pretty much makes you a brony in my opinion.

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 2

I think if you want to Brony, you must:

-Be out of the target audience

-Participate in the fandom

IMO it depends what you do, not your age or ethnicity, not even your gender.

Honestly it does not matter what your age is as long as you are part of the fandom, my little sister is a brony and she is only 8!

• Brohoof 2

If you're 11 years old, you aren't supposed to be on this forums...

It's only for members of age 13 and up...

So, I wouldn't expect to stay long.

Regardless, there are no age restrictions for being a brony...

I think that is REALLY foolish for you to think like that, considering what show our fanbase is based on...

As for your bother, he is just one of those stupid humans who don't know anything. Just ignore him, and you should be fine.

Edited by Cobalt Flytrap
  • Brohoof 1

Like Frozen Mint said, it doesn't matter.

I am like 21 and I really like the show!

So whether you are 1 or 100, you can enjoy the show or not if you want.

Who cares what haters say?

• Brohoof 2

If you're 11 years old, you aren't supposed to be on this forums...

It's only for members of age 13 and up...

lol'd. People at age 10+ will find a way to be on the forums without the user's knowledge of their real age. Therefore, the age limitation is just like Facebook's.

• Brohoof 1

lol'd. People at age 10+ will find a way to be on the forums without the user's knowledge of their real age. Therefore, the age limitation is just like Facebook's.

Until said user admits their age publicly, like they did above.

Anywho, there isn't an age limit to liking a show.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

I'm conflicted; One part of me says that "brony" refers exclusively to someone outside the target audience, and another says that "brony" is just a title given to any fan of the show.

I'll have to think on this.

Don't worry. If you like the show, and want to call yourself a brony, then you are a brony.  smile.png

I also think you should explain the situation to your brother, maybe he will stop saying stuff like that if you do.

There is no age limit to become a brony. Pretty much, whatever age you are you can be a brony. As for the brother situation, I am so glad that I have no sibling but the thing is there will always be someone to hate what you like. It's pretty sad.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Highly doubt there's a limit. I mean, anyone can be a brony regardless of age. Like my little niece for example. She's 5 and she watches MLP, so I consider her as a brony/pegasister. :P 

It's an interesting point :)

I was initially going to say any age (and while i guess this is true) a brony would defiantly not be seen as a little girl (or boy) who the intended age for the show (>10).