Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favourite type of weather?

DokiLoki

I love Winter season because it's cold and I can't stand heat it burns too much and people for some reason get nuts in summer (driving, partying, not wearing any clothes etc.) (yes the snow screws up driving badly so in that sense winter is not that great but when SOME people get too excited about summer they tend to drive faster and get distracted a lot at least where I live and it's frustrating you can cause an accident) so yeah in concerns of actual weather well a sunny day is always lovely but rain doesn't bother me either I like the dark (another reason why I love winter perhaps winter tends to be darker) and the rain sounds good with sleeping although it sucks to get wet especially for me since I get sick from it. .-. just an opinion

A 60 degree Sunny day with a nice cool breeze here and there. Not too hot, but not too cold... just right.

Oh, and rainy days where I can hear the rain outside and watch a random MLP and Thomas video... or troll around on the internet with you guys xD

Man, you totally got me started on a friendly rant.. More of like, an fave thing.

My fave type of weather are thunderstorms, always. My fave type of thunderstorms are the ones that become severe and they drop heavy rain, produce lots of lightning every second and loud rumbling thunder. Sometimes I even like to see hail up to golf balls and maybe even softballs but I worry about my windshield getting destroyed but most of the time in north texas is doesnt happen except for April 3rd, 2014. When softball size hail hit Denton,TX twice. Majority of the damage took on a college campus destroying everyones cars, windshields etc.

Like I said, we dont see something like that happen very often so as a storm chaser, I get excited and every other chaser does too.

My passion comes from tornadoes, severe weather etc. I plan on going to college. Two years in a community then head off to Oklahoma University to get a bachelors and masters degree in meteorological science to develop and get research equipment, opportunities, and chase every year to put the instruments in the path of a tornado and collect data that'll be sent off to structure engineers to build better structures to reduce loss of life and damage to property. Also to help in the warning process by warning people in the path of violent weather which is why im also a trained National Weather Service SKYWARN storm spotter to call in reports of hail, tornadoes, flooding etc.

One more thing, my twitter is on my profile page so please check it out and follow!

That my friends, is my fave type of weather and why I love it.

• Brohoof 1

Man, you totally got me started on a friendly rant.. More of like, an fave thing.

My fave type of weather are thunderstorms, always. My fave type of thunderstorms are the ones that become severe and they drop heavy rain, produce lots of lightning every second and loud rumbling thunder. Sometimes I even like to see hail up to golf balls and maybe even softballs but I worry about my windshield getting destroyed but most of the time in north texas is doesnt happen except for April 3rd, 2014. When softball size hail hit Denton,TX twice. Majority of the damage took on a college campus destroying everyones cars, windshields etc.

Like I said, we dont see something like that happen very often so as a storm chaser, I get excited and every other chaser does too.

My passion comes from tornadoes, severe weather etc. I plan on going to college. Two years in a community then head off to Oklahoma University to get a bachelors and masters degree in meteorological science to develop and get research equipment, opportunities, and chase every year to put the instruments in the path of a tornado and collect data that'll be sent off to structure engineers to build better structures to reduce loss of life and damage to property. Also to help in the warning process by warning people in the path of violent weather which is why im also a trained National Weather Service SKYWARN storm spotter to call in reports of hail, tornadoes, flooding etc.

One more thing, my twitter is on my profile page so please check it out and follow!

That my friends, is my fave type of weather and why I love it.

When I was in elementary school, I was fascinated with tornadoes. Being a storm chaser was the first job I wanted to have when I grew up. I'm from South Florida, and I used to make my mother take me to the beach to watch for waterspouts.

I understand your enthusiasm!

• Brohoof 1

If I don't have to walk anywhere, rain. It can even storm so long as it doesn't pull any of that tornado bullshit. However, rain can be quite the inconvenience when one has to walk somewhere. I mean, walking sucks enough by itself, getting cold and drenched whilst doing it is doubleplusungood. If I gotta walk anywhere, I like it 65-70, partly cloudy, with a light breeze. Where I live, this happens exactly never.

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

When I'm indoors, rainy. The sounds just relaxes me so much.

When I'm outside, I love overcast weather, around 60-65 degrees with no wind. It's the perfect temperature for me, and I find white/gray clouds very peaceful.

A soft drizzle is very pleasant, but all I need is an umbrella. I have a fear of storms, so I may get a bit squeamish when I hear rain comes, since I may fear that it'll lead to a storm. I like days with clouds in the sky, (cirrus clouds are awesome) and the sun not hitting my face and my poor eyes. So, I like days with clouds, especially when they cover the sun, and i enjoy weather between 45-85. (If it's 80 or higher, I may jump in a pool)

I love the combination of cloudiness, light mist/fog, wind, and temperatures in the 40s/low 50s (Fahrenheit). (Combine that with the late autumn look of almost bare trees with pretty colored leaves, and it's one of the most beautiful looks nature can give, if not THE most beautiful)

I also like snow/freezing rain/sleet. I love the sound of sleet hitting the ground. lol

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1