Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever miss your first days of becoming a brony?

Nylon

I remember how it was back around Halloween of 2011 when a friend gotten me to give the show a chance. Everything just felt so new and exciting as if I stepped into a whole new world. Now a days I don't feel that way as much (not that there's any problem with the show or fanbase, it's just that I've been around for so long that it just doesn't seem special)

The whole point I am trying to make is that those days to me felt like nostalgia, and I was wondering if I am the only one feeling that way about those times. Tell me what you think, do you miss your first brony days as if it were like childhood or would you not say so.

• Brohoof 7

No, I don't have to worry about that because I literally just became a Pegasister this past month. XD Although I really got into the show around two years ago because of my little sis, but never admitted that I was a real fan of it until recently. But I can understand where you are coming from... ;) Although I admit I like to recall old memories of when I first watched episodes of the show and the like... hehe. ^^;

• Brohoof 1

Not really because ever since the show aired in 2010 I've been feeling more proud that I am a fan. :)

Exactly this.......I felt the same way, tbh.

• Brohoof 2

Yes I've had that moment. It was amazing to see the show for the first time and go on a long MLP marathon. It was amazing when I first joined the forums. I wish I experienced that magic again...

• Brohoof 2

From time to time, yeah I do miss it a little bit. I remember the first time I came on to this site, just two days after I became a brony, it felt so new and 'magical'. :squee:

Now it just feels normal to come on here every day, however I don't mind it at all to be honest. I'm actually proud to have stayed around for as long as I have, I don't think I've ever managed to stick with something like this for this long. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I do, and I understand the feeling.  The feeling of discovering and falling in love with something new is always exciting. 

But you know what's also exciting?  The deeper connection you feel with the show and the fandom once you've been in it for a while and can appreciate and understand it. 

• Brohoof 3

From time to time I miss my humble beginnings on /co/. The new discovery of the show, finding what I like, and its faults. Ban evading just so I was able to discuss the show on the /co/ "official pony threads". The endless amounts of headcanon, as we had next to 0 in terms of world building, or background information back then. The unity I felt with other ponybros as we set off across the internet, to be banned and infuriate others simply for liking cartoon ponies. Not to mention the mass of OC that was being produced the summer of 2011. Back before the "pony famous" were set in stone, and new people were rising to fame within the fandom daily. I do miss it sometimes, the rabid chaos that follows the sudden rise of an unexpected group,that explodes all over the internet. But I am glad to still be here, to witness its more stabile times. When it does not explode overnight, and new stars rising daily, but a calmer, more steady time.

• Brohoof 1

I fondly remember discovering the show.  Watching my first episode (the one where discord tests twi's friendship and sings about wanting a glass of water) on demand.  Even though I was alone at 1am, I still felt sort of nervous and excited.  Honestly, I felt a little rebellious, which was exciting.  Good times.

Oh wait, that was, like, 3 weeks ago...

Hooray!  It's still new and exciting!  :D

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony when Season 1 was still airing. It was a good time in my life. I had a college roommate who was good friends with; he and I watched "Winter Wrap Up" together, I met alot of new people at this college and had some new adventures. I'm also one of those "Season 1 is best season" people, so that was fun. Yeah, I do miss those days.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, actually.

It seemed more magical back then, what with the whole first discovery of it and actually choosing whether to hide it or tell everyone about it. Something also felt better about wearing the name when i first joined as compared to now which is nothing special at all.

I also got far less annoyed by overused pony memes/words/sayings, whereas now i tend to cringe from just hearing them.

I don't know. 

While everything felt so pure, Rarity and her fans were getting a lot of abuse at the time. It wasn't easy. 

Things are certainly looking better for us now, though, but the fandom doesn't feel as pure. I still immensely enjoy being a Brony, though :D

• Brohoof 1

Yeah i get this feeling. I have a lot of nostalgia towards the first wave of this fandom when anything was possible and everything was new. Now everything is familiar, many people have moved on, people know their "places", and yet its still quite special and endearing. The question of course next becomes "when do i choose to move on". I haven't felt the urge to do that anytime super soon but it's always on the back of my mind of when you want to walk out through that open door. I've seen far too many friends and people i admire do just that already to not have that on my mind.

• Brohoof 1

@

My way of solving this problem (at least to some degree,) was to take pretty much a break from everything pony for like...6 months. Now I have recently started Season 4, gotten into RPing and brony music again. It feels a bit fresh...not quite the same as my first months of being a brony, but fresh.

Meh, not really much, back then I never talked to any other bronies via skype, and pretty much only watched the show and wasn't that involved in the fandom it self.

Kinda. I have some good memories associated with when I first became a true brony, but I'm kind satisfied where I am now, because I have become a better, and more spiritual person. Like Sailor Moon, I don't focus on regrets, but move on towards the future :)

• 8 months later...

I do miss the feeling of having new episodes I have not seen yet in the bank and what not but this fanbase never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by musicpon3
  • Brohoof 1

I do and I  don't. I don't because the video I watched that helped me in becoming a Brony made me cry and I don't really like crying. I do because said tears were tears joy and I remember the discovery of some wonderful.

Edited by Monochrome Gray