Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Still Getting Used to Her Wings

C.C.

Im still getting used to Twilight as an alicorn. In my opinion, Twilicorn distracts. I always check if she has her wings in each show instead of enjoying it, and i find her flight cycle awkward and weird. On top of that, I felt like it was coming, Twi's wings and all. It doesn't seems to make her more popular, like it should, and I don't understand why she doesn't get mobbed in streets or anything. I don't want it to happen, but it seems to have happened on ly in Twilight Time, where the school ponies wanted to be with her every single moment. I was looking forward to Twilight's princess-hood struggle in some more episodes. What do you think? :huh:

• Brohoof 2

It took a while getting used to it too, but I finally got the hang of it.

To be honest, ever since Twilight became a princess, she is still trying to get the hang of flying and she is getting used to her new role as a princess. With a firm hoof on the ground and learning to adapt, is helping her.

Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 1

I'm still not used to them.

Did you know she's significantly taller than the rest of the ponies now?

You're welcome. Now you won't be able to take your eyes off of the fact.

• Brohoof 6

I know there are many ponies that did not like Equestria Girls but I think the episodes are dealing with Twilight's getting used to being a princess.  In that one she even says she is getting used to wearing the crown after all.  And another episode had Rainbow Dash teaching her how to fly. 

There is no way she could just fly after all these years of not flying.  It's like riding a bike- I doubt very many of us just hopped on a 2 wheeler and took off without falling so her flights will be awkward for a while I would think.

I actually didn't think she necessarily needed to be an alicorn to be a Princess but the entire transformation and how it happened made me cry (in a good way!).  I think if they focus too much on her transition they will be taking away too much from the other mane 6 characters and the fans will feel like the others are being phased out.

You "evil" pony!!!! LOL for sure.

• Brohoof 1

At first I checked for her wings in season 4 but now I know that they are good about that and I'm more used to it. I just don't like it when her wings hardly moved in episodes like "Rainbow Falls" and where they ignore her princess status. But I think there are a few reasons for Twilight's princess hood being dealt with the way it is. The first one is they are trying to stretch out Twilight's princess arc so they will have material for future seasons(season 5 and beyond). I especially think that the show staff did not realize they would get more seasons so they are a bit lost as to where to take Twilight's character now. It could also be that Equestrian royalty is treated differently than human royalty in our world. I'm not surprised it is taking her awhile to learn to fly since it takes a lot of physical and mental coordination. Even Rainbow Dash had to go to flight school.  I loved "Magical Mystery Cure"! 

Edited by StitchandMLPlover
  • Brohoof 2

She grew into them -- she had a really hard time flying to begin with and they were a nuisance to her.  Now she flies rather than walks (heck more than fluttershy does) and she does loops with spike when happy.  She would miss them terribly if she lost them now.  Also she has a permanent stock of quills.  Quills and Sofas took a big hit there.

As for myself, I think she looks fine both ways.  If anything I am more used to her with wings now than without.

• Brohoof 1

She grew into them -- she had a really hard time flying to begin with and they were a nuisance to her.  Now she flies rather than walks (heck more than fluttershy does) and she does loops with spike when happy.  She would miss them terribly if she lost them now.  Also she has a permanent stock of quills.  Quills and Sofas took a big hit there.

As for myself, I think she looks fine both ways.  If anything I am more used to her with wings now than without.

I agree. LOL Good point about the quills. They should have her pull out a feather to use as a quill in an actual episode. 

Yeah, that fact that she's slightly taller was pointed out in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmghpVYKWfE

:lol:

Anyway, I say she's getting used to the wings. I mean, she used them in place of gesturing hands in a comparing motion as part of teaching RD about  using a highlighter for "separating the good from the bad, the wheat from the chaff, getting to the crux of things."

By the way, that episode is right now my most favorite episode from Season 4; As much as I know it's about Rainbow Dash, Twilight also learned a lesson about studying methods; The relatablitiy between me and "Struggling with Studying" Rainbow Dash and "Wanting to Help/Teach" Twilight Sparkle is very high ;)

• Brohoof 3

I agree. LOL Good point about the quills. They should have her pull out a feather to use as a quill in an actual episode. 

Note the quills she used to use were red and the ones she uses now are obviously hers, violet.  Alicorn feathers might have some residual magic to them as well as being handy.

• Brohoof 1

Strange, because even knowing that, I don't find she's taller than before when I watch a season 4 episode... :huh:

However, I'm used to her wings now, but I think it's because I discovered the show more recently than you guys. ;)

Edited by Blobulle

Yeah, as someone that admittedly doesn't cope with change well it still bugged me how after having such a huge coronation ceremony almost none of Equestria's regular citizens outside of the foals of Ponyville and those that attended the Traders Exchange seem to know that she's a princess which feels a little odd.

Her wings/coronation bugged me at first, but between seasons I came to terms with them and now I barely notice them unless someone mentions them or they are pointed out in some other fashion (like in 'Three's A Crowd' where they are necessary).

Yeah, that fact that she's slightly taller was pointed out in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3.

That scene made me laugh and I did enjoy the progress she (Twilight) made while simultaneously learning and teaching.

Twilight Sparkle becoming a Princess did nothing but make her best pony twice in a row. She's still the same adorkable egg head she was before.

However, I've had plenty of time from the Season 3 finale w/Equestria Girls until the season 4 premiere to see the ungodly amounts of fan art dedicated to best pony, I think I've actually gotten used to it, but not 100%.

Actually, it kind of feels weird looking at pre-princess art of Twily now, maybe I've just seen more of her Princess form?

But hey, that's just me.

On top of that, I think seeing her getting used to her new and beautiful wings has increased her adorkable level by infinite infinities (plus 1, of course)

It's just so cute! ^^

295963__UNOPT__safe_animated_princess-tw

• Brohoof 1

At first, when Twilight did become an alicorn, I was so frustrated because Twilicorn will wreck like everything thats gonna happen in the show but when I watched the first few episodes, I slowly became less upset and now Alicorn Twilight is just like unicorn Twilight. :)

• Brohoof 2

So is Twilight.

rimshot-troll-ba-dum-tss.jpg

But in all seriousness, there are two reasons why Twilight doesn't get mobbed everywhere.

• Twilight has only been Princess for a few months.  Not everypony is going to recognize her when she has all four hooves on the ground and isn't waring royal vestments.
  • The ponies of Ponyville knew Twilight before she became a princess.
  • Brohoof 1

Note the quills she used to use were red and the ones she uses now are obviously hers, violet.  Alicorn feathers might have some residual magic to them as well as being handy.

Oh yeah, good point. I didn't think of that until you brought it up.

Honestly, I just can't get used to her slight tallness, and I don't think I ever will. It's just...why? The wings are the only physical signifier we need, it leaves her new weird neck is just unnecessary.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

Got used to the wings within six or so episodes, and I pride myself in being one of the remotely few fans who don't get in a minor uproar over small details like height. So, guess I'm used to her :3

It never bothered me to begin with, to be honest.

Me either. I think it happened pretty organically and it makes total sense for her to be a princess.

I think she's still the same pony, just with wings and more responsibilities now ^.^ Honestly, it feels really strange now to see old episodes or fanart of her WITHOUT wings.

• Brohoof 1

Her wings always make me think: "ohh, what a pity this show is based in a toyline/ owned by a toy company".

If they (the wings) were from an original idea from the writers, I would be more than Ok with that. But they were born only to make winged Twilights toys. 

At least Twilight, in the show, is still a nice character, maybe more boring. I liked her much more in Season One, but that's another story.

And yeah, the writers haven't made something really interesting not only with her wings but with her princessyness. That makes me think that the even the writers didn't want to make that change on her. But well, the thing is done...

The good thing I could say is that being an alicorn (and the only one of the mane 6) makes her look more powerful.

• The ponies of Ponyville knew Twilight before she became a princess.

I would have to agree, Shes not mobbed everywhere for multiple reasons but yes, the ponyville ponies have deeper relationships with her than just "princess" they do of course respect her authority as princess ... but are also more "chill" because they know twilight not just as "princess" but also as a good friend.

It felt really weird at first and whilst I enjoyed Magical Mystery Cure, I did feel a bit put off by Alicorn Twilight part and wished they hadn’t:

But since watching season 4s episodes, I’ve gotten used to it and don't think about it, I even think it’s cute her getting used to them and funny at times.