Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you HAD TO remove one emotion, what would it be?

Delirium

Hate... No question for me, it would be hate. Hate has never done anything good.

Edit:

Fear. It is a big obstacle that keeps us from being able to overcome our adversities. 

Fear is actually very important, it is a safety net that keeps our bodies from getting harmed. If you would not fear death or injury, how long would you stay alive?

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 9

Just one emotion eh? I would get rid of all of my regrets, I have a hard enough time facing the fact that I am who I am as it is without being reminded of the shame I feel for what I have done in the past.

Edited by AppleGearRising
  • Brohoof 2

Fear is actually very important, it is a safety net that keeps our bodies from getting harmed. If you would not fear death or injury, how long would you stay alive?

I see your point. But...when we get old, we start to be fearful of that day we take our last breath.  

I think I am going with hate, all of the other ones actually have their purpose even if they do have a downside at times but hate dosen't really have an upside.

• Brohoof 2

I guess I'd get rid of whichever emotion is the one that causes people to keep talking after they've been thoroughly proven wrong.

So I don't know which one that is exactly? Not pride exactly .. but close.

• Brohoof 1

Fear. It is a big obstacle that keeps us from being able to overcome our adversities.

Sometimes,fear is what allows us to push ourselves to our limits.

Think on the next situation...

There's someone whose weapon is next to your body.He's going to shoot you.

If you didn't had fear to die,you would accept it,and die.But if you fear the death,you would try to do something...

Maybe you get killed anyways,but your fear to die at least allowed you to try to battle your fate...

• Brohoof 2

Maybe you get killed anyways,but your fear to die at least allowed you to try to battle your fate...

This conversation kind of reminds me of this episode of Batman The Animated Series where Scarecrow experimented on people with an anti fear toxin and it was so powerful that people would have no restraint whatsoever and do and say completely reckless things that would either incriminate them like this one Wayne Tech employee who told off "Mr Wayne" or this other guy who was literally jumping off of buildings. Batman was eventually infected with the anti fear toxin and he lost his fear of using lethal force and lost control of his moral compass and nearly ended up killing The Scarecrow. Robin had no other choice but to trick and restrain Batman until the anti fear toxin wore off. The Scarecrow did this to make a point that fear has its place and he certainly was right.

• Brohoof 1

Pain. I'd be able to do whatever I want without worrying about it hurting..like shopping cart rally down a really steep hill!

I personally don't like the idea of removing pain because, for all I know, I could step on something sharp, like a nail, and not realize it. Just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

I'd remove anger so I no longer have to keep the rage under control. I don't like being angry, it tends to override logic and all forms of rational thinking when it finally cracks the dam. It's also a very exploitable emotion that can and has been taken advantage of. It has a place in certain situations of course, but most times it's not needed and just gets in the way.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I'd remove anger so I no longer have to keep the rage under control. I don't like being angry, it tends to override logic and all forms of rational thinking when it finally cracks the dam. It's also a very exploitable emotion that can and has been taken advantage of. It has a place in certain situations of course, but most times it's not needed and just gets in the way.

Anger can be a good thing at times though..say you were the captain of a cruise ship and everyone was acting stupid..would you really want to be passive agressive like Fluttershy or be loud and proud like Luna when she gets tired of ponies shit?

I personally don't like the idea of removing pain because, for all I know, I could step on something sharp, like a nail, and not realize it. Just my opinion though.

An opinion that has quite a bit of basis in truth actually, I have an uncle who has severe Diabetes and a couple years he stepped on a needle and because he didn't have much feeling in that foot due to his condition didn't know it until days later and that foot ended up getting a serious infection which resulted in a hospital stay.

I don't like anger controlling me either, I used to have severe anger problem and understand where you are coming from but sometimes there are good reasons to be angry. I don't think anger is in and of itself bad, it is how you handle it.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Anger can be a good thing at times though..say you were the captain of a cruise ship and everyone was acting stupid..would you really want to be passive agressive like Fluttershy or be loud and proud like Luna when she gets tired of ponies shit?

As I said, it does have its place. For me though, it doesn't have that many useful applications and gets used in circumstances that are more easily settled with a more reasonable or more direct approach. That doesn't necessarily lead to passive aggressiveness, it's enforcing the handling of frustration in a different way. There's no doubt going to be a situation where anger is needed too, but it's just more abused than properly utilized.

Edited by Celtore

Pain. I'd be able to do whatever I want without worrying about it hurting..like shopping cart rally down a really steep hill!

The problem with removing pain is that your body could literally fall apart and you would not notice. Afaik, people who have very severe diabetes often have problems with open wounds that they don't notice because they don't feel the pain, for example.

Your wounds could start to rot and you would only notice because of the smell, you could break your bones and would only notice because of the funny angle your limbs stick out

• Brohoof 2

I would say sadness/hopelessness it's the biggest problem for me and it'd be great if it would just go away

That remembers me one episode of Charmed,where a powerful beingd,the Avatars,tried tp create a perfect world,erasing every trait of sadness and anger on the world.

The results were,at simple sight,good.But,what about the loved ones?

Let's say that we're currently living on that "perfect" world,and a loved one dies.

It would be correct to not feel sad?

Maybe we think sometimes that sadness is bad,but,on the deep,it allow us to remember our loved ones who passed away,and to remember good times on a bad situation...

I probably wouldn't get rid of any emotion. Hate is quite broad and if I hate a certain style of clothes or media then I should be able to express that. Fear is reasonable as we should fear dangerous situations like being confronted with dangerous animals. Anxiety is there as a response to tense situations. If I were to remove a state of mind, it would be ignorance.

• Brohoof 1