Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate that everyone seems to love?

Odyssey

Star vs the Forces of Evil - I like the art style and animation, but I just find nearly everything else about it to be incredibly annoying, and the humor is kind of "eh." Don't really see the appeal.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd

The Super Hero Genre: I don't know... I've just never found a Super Hero that I wanted to get into. DC, Marvel, whatever. They all look pretty silly to me most of the time, and the recent fad of taking old family friendly, wacky super heroes and injecting them with dark, gritty realism is really just making it look even stranger to me.

The Simpsons: Lost its flare over a decade ago, and many people I knew where flipping their shit when Shearer was leaving. Really guys? They're probably all sick of it by now.

Gaming Technology: I love gaming itself, but I really couldn't give less of a damn about how this GPU gives superior performance to this one and so you should drop $600 on it. Just let me play the games I love!

And as mentioned above Alcohol & Pub Crawls, and people give out that I have so much spending money by weeks end. I wonder why!

I've probably said this before,but I really don't care for Super Smash Bros Wii U.

I played it and it's like Melee with Brawl physics.

So,disappointing for a game with so much potential.

I like the characters and all,but that's really it. All it is,is Brawl mixed with Melee.

Nothing special.

One of my complaints,is the exclusion of Story Mode and Boss Battle Mode. That's kind of what made Brawl different from Melee. The fact that it actually had a story. Sure,it wasn't that special,but those cutscenes were actually quite nice. Seeing the characters interact in different ways than fighting each other was a breath of fresh air. So,was Boss Battle Mode. As a person who enjoys boss battles more than the actual game itself,I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed fighting all the bosses again.  Sort of like how Majora's Mask allows you to go back and fight the bosses over and over again. It's a nice feature that I wish more games implemented.

Edited by Mystery

Super Smash Bros. ain't got shit on J-Stars Victory VS. I'd rather play that game any day. Super Smash Bros. can go fuck itself.

Fascinating.  A fighting game that brings a bunch of anime characters together. That is what anime fans that keep suggesting anime characters in Smash Bros,should be playing. 

-Most popular MLP ships like SoarinDash, TwiDash, DisLestia, AppleDash, etc

-Hunger Games/Vampires/Werewolves, etc

-Pikachuu/Satoshi/All main characters except Roketto-Dan in Pokemon anime

-Game of Thrones/Attack on Titan/Most mainstream anime

-Parties/Prom/Any formal event

-Dresses/skirts

-Group activities

-Steven's Universe/LPS/etc

-Children/Babies/Old people

-The concept of being married and having kids

-Religion as a whole

-Coffee

-Facebook/Instagram

-Shopping/Shopping For shoes

Yeah... there's more.

• Brohoof 1

For my full list:

- Adventure Time
- Super Smash Bros.
- Subbed Animes
- Steven Universe
- Sword Art Online
- Soul Eater
- Mario & Luigi
- Metroid
- Nintendo in general for the most part

Off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

Christmas music, tea, cherries, PS4 (and Xbox One), Windows 10, Google Chrome, Rarity (plz don't kill me), shopping (when I'm shopping for or with other people), wearing jeans, any formal attire, going to church.

Edited by Alpha Hedge

Destiny (the video game), Game of Thrones, Twilight Sparkle, the beach... I have a long list but this is all I can think of right now.

The beach? Who could possibly hate the beach? Except Anakin Skywalker.

*deep breath*

I HATE HARRY POTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

*pant, pant*

Sorry - had to say it.

• Brohoof 2

HATE is such a strong word, I don't hate anything below.

I don't get the appeal of Steven Universe. I got about 15 episodes into it, and was just like 'eh'. It's not a bad show, I just don't need to see it plastered all over my Tumblr feed every time I get on.

Fairy Tail and Katekyo Hitman REBORN! are both the very definition of mediocre Shonen anime/manga. Not ALL bad, but usually the characters and emotion fall flat.

Gintama also isn't worth the hype. I drudged through 50 episodes of that anime just to see it get funny and worth watching. It never did.

I didn't HATE it, but considering all the hype, I found Inside Out to be...just okay :/  usually I get emotional at movies and stuff pretty easily and loads of people were saying they cried, etc, but this one it was like yeah, cool concept and I could see what they were going for, but it just didn't hit me in the feels like it was supposed to, I guess? Even when

Bing Bong died(?)

(I also disliked the short thing with the volcanoes, but idk how unpopular that is :P)

Call of Duty - Each game manages to be the same exact thing every single time minus minor changes that don't effect the core gameplay what-so-ever.

Pokemon - I played it once and didn't care for it. Not to mention every time I have my 3DS or Game Boy in public some kid asks me what Pokemon I have, and then treats me like I'm not even human when they hear I don't play it.

Modern music - Where do I start?!
     Wrecking Ball, Gangnam Style, All About that Bass, you name it. It sounds like crap. 90% of modern music is all about parties, drugs, sex, or breaking up. It shows lack of originality in the media.

Modern kid's shows - Might as well rename Disney Channel "Teen Drama Channel" and Cartoon Network "Poorly-written-live-action-bullcrap-with-some-mediocre-cartoons-sprinkled-here-and-there Network". And Nickelodeon is loaded with mediocrity.

Star Trek - Mainly because my stepdad was obsessed with it to the point where I got pretty sick of it.

Anime - Never got into it.

GTA - Never got into it.

Coffee - Tastes too bitter, no matter what I put in it

Adult Swim - Dedicated to shows that flip a giant middle finger to those who can be emotionally hurt due to one joke. I'm looking at you, Family Guy. I've witnessed domestic violence. IT'S NOT FUNNY.

Edited by StephenP

-3D ponies, like those digital cartoons where the mlp characters are CGI or whatever (sorry StephenP) 
They creep the fuck out of me. I see them and they just look weird as hell. 

-FB minions
 Seriously, screw those little yellow bastards. They are everywhere, and they've been crammed down my throat. So I despise them.

-Jesus/Christianity
Sorry, but it's gotten to the point where this religion has turned into an annoying meme for me. People are always cramming this stuff on every social network I'm on with cutesy little cartoon angels and crap with stupid prayers about loving America, or prayer chains. Here's an idea, how about stop praying, and instead get up off your ass and actually do something to help. 

-Steven Universe

It's just ok, I could watch it if I was bored, but I'd rather watch a MLP rerun if I had a choice. 

Dragonball Z: I don't hate it, but I don't like it nearly as much as my younger self did. It's too slow such with the overlong fights being a good contribution, and I like the action genre. Other highlights include the infamous "5 minutes until Namek explodes" line of episodes and one whole episode devoted to Goku going to SS3. Even Kai still feels too long in spite of a bunch of filler being cut. I don't quite love the "Twilight vs Tirek" fight for reasons I won't go into, but I'll watch that over any DBZ fight.

Adventure Time, Flapjack: I've seen a few episodes, and they really bored me.

Princess Luna, Sunset Shimmer: I like those characters, but I don't really love them. Since this thread is about "hating" (or not liking at all), I'm not sure if there's a more appropriate thread to elaborate on this.

Let's take a crack at the Hipster Thread.

All righty, so what have we got here? Well, let's start with the most obvious.

I'm not gonna tell you I HATE MLP. I don't. If I did, I wouldn't be here period. But I am getting sick of it. When I first started watching it, I still didn't see why it got as popular as it did. It just seems like a slightly above standard children's show to me. I'm not really super psyched about it, and because it's just so... everywhere, it's just starting to grate on my nerves. Of course, it's been grating a bit on my nerves every now and then for a couple of years now. I only come back for the community. (And the commission money.)

Whilst I think Steven Universe is a better show than it, I still don't think it quite deserves the hype it receives either. In general, I don't know why people get so enraptured by children's cartoons. I'm not really a huge fan of them for the most part.

Also, I'm not into any type of gaming that isn't a JRPG. I especially don't care for WRPGs. The majority of video games either bore me with being overly repetitive or involve too many reflexes for me to play properly. JRPGs at least have more cutscenes and story to cut up the monotony of gameplay. I'm more interested in watching people talking ABOUT games than actually playing them. Watching other people play games is good too.

And I don't really understand shipping, Tumblr, or any of that silly fangirl culture that seems to dominate the internet. I don't know why people are so interested in the relationships of fictional characters and laud it everywhere. And I don't know why Tumblr is so full of reblogs rather than original content. I use it as a kind of diary-type thing.

Oh and adoptables. I think it is SO pointless to waste money on designs you're not going to use, just to display them to people.

Lastly, I think my least favorite part of internet culture is gifs. God, I can say that I really do HATE those things. Random gifs just posted with no context is meaningless to me. It says nothing and it just annoys me by putting some flashing distracting image on the screen. I have an extension that turns off the animation, in fact, and it has made browsing the internet a lot less irritating. Super negative points if it's a gif AVATAR too.

• Brohoof 1

DOTA 2 - imbalanced... thing with extremely low variety overfilled with jerks, who will not struggle to point at your smallest mistake with all their rage. Seriously, there are more fun MOBAs around, why play this?

Sun - yeah-yeah, it's important for life on a planet and stuff, but that's so annoying! Always blinding you, always making things hot... what is it good for?

• Brohoof 2

DOTA 2 - imbalanced... thing with extremely low variety overfilled with jerks, who will not struggle to point at your smallest mistake with all their rage. Seriously, there are more fun MOBAs around, why play this?

From past experience I can tell you that this comment right here is going to start a war my friend. I don't like DotA myself, but there are people who will get really defensive over it.

• Brohoof 1

Splatoon. I'm not really talking about the game here as I've never played it (although it doesn't interest me in the least), I'm talking more about the brand/character designs.

The Splatoon character designs are ugly as hell, and I keep seeing them plastered all over my Tumblr feed and elsewhere. I seriously can not stand them at all, so atrocious.

Edited by Envy

You know those sticks of mozzarella cheese? The string kind? Gross but everyone likes them. It just doesn't look good to me.... I hated it vehemently when I was little too, and I recall when I was in the 2nd grade another kid dangled one in my face and I punched him for it.

• Brohoof 1