Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you bilingual? If so, what languages can you speak?

XxConfusedUnicornxX

• 3 years later...

somewhat.

i have coworkers who are hispanic, so i've started to decide to learn spanish. my coworkers speak english, but it would still be nice to know. don't know much yet.

• Brohoof 1

I am not bilingual, no. I can speak four languages. :P

English, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian. I understand the Cyrillic alphabet, and enough Russian and Bulgarian to get by in those places though. My husband could speak pretty much every language in Eastern Europe. 

As of right now, I currently know English (obviously), and am studying Swedish, which is going smoothly so far. :fluttershy: I'm probably going to tackle German next, if I had to guess. If I really want to get involved, I might try learning the rest of the Nordic languages... but for right now, I'll stick with Swedish, and eventually German. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Recherche said:

As of right now, I currently know English (obviously), and am studying Swedish, which is going smoothly so far. :fluttershy: I'm probably going to tackle German next, if I had to guess. If I really want to get involved, I might try learning the rest of the Nordic languages... but for right now, I'll stick with Swedish, and eventually German. :grin:

Those are the ones I'm currently learning, aside from Dutch! ^.^ Learning Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian, so far, and I can't find a website or person to teach me Finnish or Icelandic :/

• Brohoof 2

On 02/09/2014 at 1:14 PM, Deathstroke said:

Aside of Arabic, i can speak English, Russian, german, chinese and Japanese 

That's a whole lot of language! :blink: You're a natural at this!

But I know English, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), a tiny of French and I'm starting off Spanish. :P

2 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

That's a whole lot of language! :blink: You're a natural at this!

But I know English, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), a tiny of French and I'm starting off Spanish. :P

I only know English fluently, 

I'm trying to learn Chinese (Mandarin), Russian and Spanish

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am a disappointment to my grandpa, he speaks fluent Spanish and wants me to learn to speak it too, but good god, do I HATE trying to learn another language, I tried to learn Spanish back when I was in middle school (Or maybe it was before that...... I don't really remember) but I really just don't have any interest or real reason to learn it.

So no, I speak no other language except for English. And it'll probably stay that way for the rest of my life. :blush:    

Edited by King of Canterlot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

German is my first language but I am just as familiar with English. I also know a good portion of Welsh, but I'm sure it will get rusty in the near future as there aren't many opportunities to use it :twi:. I am studying Swedish and Croatian and making good progress in both to the point where I could possibly hold a conversation in either of them, as long as it's a pretty basic one :please:.  I tried learning French for awhile but for some reason it made no sense to me. :rarity:

To sum up, I am fluent in English, German, and Sarcasm. :grin:

Edited by Lunar Glow