Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most mysterious character on the show?

TheMisterManGuy

Most mysterious character  

39 users have voted

1. 1. Poll Which character is the most mysterious?

• Pinkie Pie
    • Discord
    • Fluttershy
    • Zecora
    • Luna

Out of Pinkie Pie, Discord, Zecora, Luna and Fluttershy, who would you say is the most mysterious character? I think its both Discord and Fluttershy. Pinkie is pretty mysterious, but only because like SpongeBob, she just views the world in a different way. Luna seems to keep a lot of equestrian secrets underwraps. And celestia knows what Zecora is up to.

• Brohoof 1

I would say Zecora since she's so unique compared to the ponies, and we hardly know anything about her origins. She also has a broad knowledge of many different kinds of magic and potions, and can perform magic herself despite not being a unicorn. Really zebras in general are mysterious in Equestria. I really hope we get an episode in season 5 that features Zecora and explains some of these things.

there are plenty of mysterious characters in the show, since the show doesn´t really have the time to explain things like where alicorns come from, how old luna and celestia are, where the changelings come from yada yada yada.

i´d like to say zecora, since she at least has a decent amount of screentime and is featured as this weird, mysterious mentor character most of the times.

Princess Luna was going to be my second choice. Yeah, I chose Zecora too. I don't think there's much mystery with Fluttershy and Discord and Pinkie Pie is just Pinkie Pie :P

Speaking of Zecora and mysteries, it'd be interesting if they did reveal a few things about Zecora but with every revelation there would be another one or two questions left unanswered so that the air of mystery around her doesn't get stale or lose its flavor.

My hooves-down runaway choice was Discord, because of the depth of his character combined with the uncertainty and the moral greyness of his character throughout his reformation. Discord is a very wise and knowledgable character, but vain and immature. Sometimes you don't really know if he's for real or if he's playing mind games and has everything planned out.

"Three's a Crowd" really did a lot to flesh out his character since his reformation, and even brought him a little closer in personality to Q from Star Trek. Just like Q hurled the Enterprise out into dangerous territory just to teach Picard a lesson in humility, and was not above responsibility for death and damage, Discord was not above putting Cadance and Twilight's lives in danger just to validate their loyalties to him. Similarly, he had the whole conflict in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" planned out, but did little to stop it because he wanted Twilight and her friends to learn how to do it on their own.

Discord may have made up with Celestia at the end of "Twilight's Kingdom" (the second part of the episode was not one of Discord's better episodes, IMO) and looks to be on track for a greater role in Season 5, so I hope to see more of that wise and chaotic mentorship coming out of him as time goes on.

Luna has tons of room in potential for backstory, personality, and just about everything else that is important to make up a solid character. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Zecora  Nobody knows where she came from or why she came to Ponyville, how she got her Cutie mark, or her meditation training.  Nobody knows even 1 second of her life before Bridal Gossip or even how long she was in the area or why AJ is terrified of her.

Of the Top 10 characters, I'd go w Scootaloo.  Nobody has any info on her before Episode 12 Call of the Cutie, her family or what she did before Season 1

I'm not sure why Pinkie is even on the list.  We know she lived on the rock farm & got her cutie mark + is close to her big sister Maud.

Zecora. She's the only zebra we've ever seen, so we don't know if anything she does is normal for Zebra culture of is unique to her. Do all Zebras speak in rhymes, or it just her? Are her magical abilities unique, or commonplace to the Zebra race? Not to mention, why did she come to Equestria? Is she on some kind of pilgrimage or was she just a traveling nomad before this point? Also I would like to know how long she was living outside of Ponyville before Twilight showed up.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Zecora  Nobody knows where she came from or why she came to Ponyville, how she got her Cutie mark, or her meditation training.  Nobody knows even 1 second of her life before Bridal Gossip or even how long she was in the area or why AJ is terrified of her.

Of the Top 10 characters, I'd go w Scootaloo.  Nobody has any info on her before Episode 12 Call of the Cutie, her family or what she did before Season 1

I'm not sure why Pinkie is even on the list.  We know she lived on the rock farm & got her cutie mark + is close to her big sister Maud.

I put Pinkie on the list because her actions and motivations are rarely explained. As I said, she views the world in a different way.

Zecora. She's the only zebra we've ever seen, so we don't know if anything she does is normal for Zebra culture of is unique to her. Do all Zebras speak in rhymes, or it just her? Are her magical abilities unique, or commonplace to the Zebra race? Not to mention, why did she come to Equestria? Is she on some kind of pilgrimage or was she just a traveling nomad before this point? Also I would like to know how long she was living outside of Ponyville before Twilight showed up.

According to The Journal Of The Two Sisters, the rhyming's an all-Zebra thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Zecora or Pinkie. Zecora because we've not seen any of the Zebra lands and it's strange how none of the creatures in the Everfree forest stumble onto her or attack her. And Pinkie, well it's Pinkie. 4th wall breaking, accurate predictions of future events. You know, Pinkie stuff. 

Honestly, Luna. I feel like there was much more to the story of Nightmare Moon than they told. They should make an episode or two about the nightmare forces and their power(comic reference).

Discord,  I would like to learn more

about his past and all and also if

he was the last of his kind....

Fluttershy,  I would want  to see

more of her past,  who her parents

are and that kind of the thing!

Scoot:  Who are her parents?  Where

did they go?  Did Dash adopted her at?

Bat-Ponies:  I would like to find out

more about the bat ponies and their

culture and how they tie into Luna ans

such etc....