Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite mythological creature?

Akemi Homura

Mine would be dragons. It may have started out by playing a lot of Spyro when I was young. I used to always look up dragon pictures from others artists on DA, but now I'm into ponies. :D

From Classical mythology, I am particularly partial to the Hydra, Scylla, Lamia, Pegasus, Hippocampi, Icthyocentaurs and the Sirens.

Regarding later traditions, I like fairies and mermaids.

Absolutely dragons. There's a reason I like playing Skyrim so much, and the dragons are that reason. I mostly like the western style dragons, even though I do think the eastern ones are cool too.

Oh I love fantasy! I like dragons because they are giant flying lizards who breath fire; what's not to like? And I've recently began to like sirens because of the Dazzling backstory in Rainbow Rocks.

Humbaba from the epic of gilgamesh

"His face is that of a lion. When he looks at someone, it is the look of death. Humbaba's roar is a flood, his mouth is death and his breath is fire! He can hear a hundred leagues away any rustling in his forest! Who would go down into his forest!"

Before FiM, my favorite mythological creatures were and still are Centaurs and Dragons. Makes sense, considering I was a fan of Animorphs, a sci-fi book series for teens that featured aliens that looked pretty similar to centaurs, and I had Maleficent from the original Sleeping Beauty animated film to give me my "Dragons are awesome" mindset!

I like Lamias.

They're pretty much half snake, half woman creatures, who seduce young man just so they can eat them, or drink their blood (kind of like a succubi or a vampire.)

Fun Fact: Mothers in europe used to tell Lamia stories to their children, so they would behave.

I would like to post a pic, but most of them are very suggestive and i don't want my ass kicked by Jeric or Simon. :P

Have a Lamia pony instead:

medium.png

Also, Genesis once made a Song about lamias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09mTchpOPU

• Brohoof 3