Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleepy Talk: Temperature

GammaDove

Sleep stuff  

69 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to sleep in a cold room or a warm room?

• The Colder the better!
    • I don't care.
    • I prefer an average room
    • Hotter, obvi.

Personally I prefer to sleep in an extremely cold room, I put a box fan in my window during the winter and crank it on high so I can sleep perfectly, sometimes waking up with frost in my room.

• Brohoof 1

I love sleeping in a room that's exceptionally chilly, so I can huddle under a mountain of blankets. I sleep like a baby in the winter. In the summer, I sometimes wake up in a dazing sweat since I don't have an AC, and my fan doesn't work well. It isn't pleasant.

I love the cold in general, but definitely for sleeping. Its around 60 here right now and raining, going to open the windows and feel the breeze. Soooo nice 

When it's 80º + for several days in a row I have to sleep with a fan on. Otherwise I sweat too much and feel suffocated.

During the fall/winter, if the room is too cold my throat dries out so I have to keep warm

I love to sleep in a cold room, dude. It's so much more comfortable than the heat. Not to mention, if its too cold, you can just get a blanket or something. Unluckily for me, my parents love to crank up the thermostat in the winter. :okiedokielokie: It's almost as if they hate blankets and don't want to use them.

I love sleeping in a cold room; it's pretty hard for me to sleep without one. Which is why I have a hard sleeping in summer.

Edited by Callisto
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah...cold but not too cold. If it's too hot in the room, it is hard to sleep. And it might make you smell like a big, sweaty sock. 

Same here. I like sleeping in cold rooms. Me and my sis share the same AC despite we have separate rooms and she has the RC. It's hot here in the rainy season (30-37 degrees Celsius) so if she doesn't turn on the AC soon enough, I'll sweat like I'm in an oven. >.>

i sleep/breathe better in a cold room, but i have a habit of curling up into a ball and sleeping with my head under the covers, making it moot.  i really really really hate the cold, and its so hard to get out of bed in the winter when im balled up in nice warm down and woolen blankets haha

Cold. I can't stand sleeping when it's hot, because I'm not comfortable unless I'm sleeping under, at the very least, a sheet. Although I much prefer sleeping under a bunch of layers.

My room is also the warmest in the house. The air doesn't work as well in my room as it does anywhere else in the house. >.> In the middle of a hot summer day it's hard to sleep under even a sheet.

My room is also the warmest in the house. The air doesn't work as well in my room as it does anywhere else in the house.

This is how I feel in the summmer in arizona when I have to sleep it sucks and I want winter because cold is the best 

A bit in the middle for me, I like things a bit colder than when I am awake but generally still a moderate temperature though I would much rather have it be cold than hot.

• Brohoof 1

I like to keep it on the cool side, but not cold. Making it cold makes it hard to sleep just as extreme heat does. Cold is more preferable though, as clothes and blankets can be added to make it more bearable but with heat you don't have many options. I already sleep naked, so I can't remove much more insulation than that. xD

• Brohoof 2

Being in the hottest room on a leather couch with it being 79 degrees in the house is really bad, trust me... (damn bugs kept me from sleeping in my own bed) But too much cold since I am really uncomfortable until I have all corners of my blanket tucked in so no cold air disrupts me. I get swollen tonsils pretty easily in the cold and that's a pain in the ass as well. I just can't get comfortable unless It's room temperature- 70 or so.

Okay, so like many others, I prefer the room itself to be cool/cold, while covering myself with the sheets/blankets... However, in my case, I argue it's not a moot point because I never put my head under the covers.  I want my head to stay in the cooler air.  Plus, I breathe much easier in the cooler air.  

Cold. It makes it easier to fall asleep and to wake up, at least for me, meaning I do not sleep well during summer. Winter is great because I can have my room noticeably cooler than the rest of the house without the annoyance of a fan. The sad irony is that as draining and tiring as the summer heat is, it also makes it difficult to get a good night's sleep.