Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

Right now I'm trying to finish Fallout Equestria. A friend of mine recommended me The Great Brony Migration. I haven't started reading it, but from what he told me, he said that it's one of the best fics he's ever read. Looking forward to reading it soon. 

I'll also be using everyone's recommendations as well!~

• Brohoof 2

I don't really read other fanfictions unless requested to do so for my channel but I have created my own fanfic (its a sad fic) I spent a year and a half working on it and its finished I can post more information if anyone is interested hear about it

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

Pretty damn sure there's a fimfiction recommendation thread in this forum somewhere...

You can always go to fimfiction and tinker around with the nifty search function. You'll eventually find something to your liking. If you're up for stories with some seriously dark undertone (and none of those lolgrimdark), I'd recommend Horse Voice's stories. All of his works are awesome, and everything is completed so there's no cliff hangers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Other thread got locked while I was writing my reply :( so posting here instead.

I really like Fallout: Equestria. I haven't played the Fallout game, and know absolutely nothing about it, other than it exists, and it's a computer game. So even though perhaps references to that half of the cross-over go straight over my head, the story is exciting and well-written.

"History Repeats Itself", (An older Megan (suffering PTSD) returns to help Mane 6 w old enemy),

I've not been able to find this, but did find The Elements of Harmony and the Saviour of Worlds which seems a similar idea.

While I could be lazy and just copy-paste my favourites list from FiMFiction, I want to delve into why I like them. And there's some really raunchy stuff on there. Nothing intimate, just... Lets just say it's NSFW and leave it at that.

First off, http://www.fimfiction.net/story/230977/something-to-be-thankful-for Something To Be Thankful For: A delve into Sunset Shimmer, from before she became a feared ruler of Canterlot High, to after The Battle Of The Bands. I warn you though, it's tagged Sad for a reason.

Next, we have Right http://www.fimfiction.net/story/32919/righthttp://www.fimfiction.net/story/32919/ A fiction about the events after A Canterlot Wedding, and its sequel  Left Faith http://www.fimfiction.net/story/95925/faith Which is a continuation of said events. Also contains some TwiShy (Is that the term?)

Let's lighten up a bit with Sunset Shimmer, The Burn Master http://www.fimfiction.net/story/214813/sunset-shimmer-the-burn-master, which is absurd. And the reason why you should not mess with Sunset Shimmer.

And finally... Asylum http://www.fimfiction.net/story/75199/asylum Sweet. Freakin. Celestia. This is a masterpiece. A very depressing masterpiece but one nonetheless.

Edited by Hclegend

G or PG rated History Repeats (An older Megan (suffering PTSD) returns to help the Mane 6 deal w an old enemy

On A Cross and Arrow (Tport accident sends Mane 6 to gender swapped parallel universe)

Naked Lunch (Griffon opens butcher shop in Canterlot)

Junior Flight Camp -The Crusader and The Bullhead (Dash & Twilight are Flight Camp Councilors.  Scootaloo learns to fly.  2 plot critical head canons.  I buy the 1st 1, but I don't know enough Martial Arts to have a valid opinion on the other)

My Little Balladeer  (Excellent for "John the Balladeer" fans, otherwise just OK) 

My Little Pony One Half (OK if you are a Ranma fan)

Secret Life of Rarity (This is what "Cupcakes" should have been & wasn't) Rated R for extreme violence & torture 

• 2 weeks later...

The title explains itself.

Which is your favourite fanfic?

Mine is "A New Hero". Even if it is a remake of the episodes with an OC I was instantly hooked, goddamn.

As someone with 10 pages of favorites, and literally more time sunk into fimfiction.net than is healthy for my education/hobbies, I'm at a disadvantage of not being able to remember my top stories off hand... Upon a quick combthrough of said 10 pages though, I think I can at least throw out 1-2 for the major catagories.

Dark: Undead Equestria

Humor: 1000 Virgin Mares, 1 Frickin' Badass Dark Overdude, Infinite Facehoofing or Through the Eyes of Another Pony

Human: A Voice Among Strangers (which originally sold me on the tag 'Human', though it's currently being rewritten under A Stranger Among the Voices) or Diary of a Storeclerk

Clop: A Gentleman for Mares

Romance: ...Exchange?

One-shot: Feed Them

Upon reflection... Diary of a Storeclerk is probably my favorite simply because it still is refreshing, despite being updated once a blue moon and overall being short.

EDIT: Also, I looked at A New Hero, and I'm not sure I can give it the chance.  :( The description throws red flags at me.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 1

As someone with 10 pages of favorites, and literally more time sunk into fimfiction.net than is healthy for my education/hobbies, I'm at a disadvantage of not being able to remember my top stories off hand... Upon a quick combthrough of said 10 pages though, I think I can at least throw out 1-2 for the major catagories.

Dark: Undead Equestria

Humor: 1000 Virgin Mares, 1 Frickin' Badass Dark Overdude, Infinite Facehoofing or Through the Eyes of Another Pony

Human: A Voice Among Strangers (which originally sold me on the tag 'Human', though it's currently being rewritten under A Stranger Among the Voices) or Diary of a Storeclerk

Clop: A Gentleman for Mares

Romance: ...Exchange?

One-shot: Feed Them

Upon reflection... Diary of a Storeclerk is probably my favorite simply because it still is refreshing, despite being updated once a blue moon and overall being short.

EDIT: Also, I looked at A New Hero, and I'm not sure I can give it the chance.  :( The description throws red flags at me.

I don't know. I actually found it pretty interesting.

The first chapters are pretty short if I recall correctly. Maybe you could read a couple and if you don't like it leave it.

@, perhaps so. I dunno, I may give it a chance since it's your favorite, it just cliches pretty hard in the description.

*male tagalong to the mane 6

*useless used as a description with a sad tag

*romances one of said mane 6

*remake of canon plotline

*the phrase "him/you/etc to find out..."

I'll probably read a chapter or two though.  :) Descriptions 'can' undersell a story sometimes.

Edited by SFyr

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, one favorite?

For me it's A Different Viewpoint of Equestria. Although I do think the human (yes, its a HiE) is a bit too perfect, I do love seeing ponies interacting with humans and seeing the two comment on each other's culture. This fic does that very well, and doesn't have one of the mane six go ga-ga for the furless biped. It also stays tasteful for the most part. I don't know to give it points for Blueblood getting his nose broken, or condemn it for not giving him better character. Then again... the show didn't do the latter.

Misunderstandings was very good, but the ending was something of a let down, largely due to the writer goofing on a plot point and having to do something other than what he planned.

One of my favorites would have to be Xenophilia (Contains clop!)

Basically, it's a typical human in Equestria story until you read further into it. It's probably classified as slice of life as well.

The reason I like it so much is that it has an underlying theme to it, and that is the comparison of our social norms and the social norms in Equestria, for instance, how nopony wears clothes (there are many others). Not only that, but it creates a lot of depth with all of the traditions and such that go on. It also brings in personalities of background ponies from the show, namely Lyra and Berry Punch off the top of my head. It's certainly original and has a lot of content with fairly consistent upkeep as of now. It's probably not the best, but the writer certainly has skill.

Other than that, I don't read much fanfic and haven't really seen many other good ones.

@

I've merged your thread with a much older one. In the furture please check to make sure a thread doesn't already exist before creating a new one. Additionally, Octavia's Hall is for art you have created.  :)

• Brohoof 1