Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music Genres you dislike.

Vox

The only genres I dislike

Are really "poppy" songs including artists like: Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, one d, justin bieber and etc. I can't stand those. Typical modern country music is detestable however older country music is a lot better as in Johnny Cash.  I don't like black metal either screaming through an entire song is just well not my cup of tea. Screaming when done combined with melody are what I like a lot. But there are a couple hardcore songs I do like by a couple of select bands I have heard.

Dubstep just plain sucks though xD

I actually have grown to like rap a bit over the past couple of months.... but I have been very very picky with my artists within rap.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Jazz, it's so plain and bland, all you hear is Saxaphone's.

I hate it when people dislike rap/hip-hop for this: goes too fast

It's suppose to go fast, they usually tell a story, if they didn't rap and just sang the song would go on for about 9 minutes.

We should go back in time to the 90s

We should move even further back than that. More like the early 80's. :squee:  

We should move even further back than that. More like the early 80's. :squee:  

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you can

I don't like much music from that time :s

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can   I don't like much music from that time :s

Understandable, lol

However, I would only take the rap / hip-hop portion of the 80's, not the remainder of the music. :P  

I don't like:

Rap: Too fast and most people rap about things I disagree with.

Really hard rock/metal/whatever you call it: I can't even hear what they are saying D:

Oldman-country-western-music: I just don't like it. It's just... no.

Hardcore dubstep; All I can think about is someone making a play with Master Yi or a 12 year old's COD video.

Don't know if it called, music that contain romance, love and sex. Cos that's not my things.

Anything with girlgroup, boy group, mix group like Spice Girls, One Dirction, Girls Aloud, Westlife.

Hip Hop & R&B, with all that gang culture, club, N-word, guns

Gore/horror metal (I made that up) hearing stuffs that disgusting, something like Gwar.

Most Metal does not sound good to me.

Especially when I can't make out the lyrics.

Also I'm not really a fan of the demonic theme of most heavy metal bands and songs.

Can someone give me a heavy metal song that does NOT mention the Devil, demons, Hell, God, or anything supernatural in anyway?

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I avoid judging entire genres as I prefer to assume that every genre has its gems besides variety of bands in all of them is way too big.

Let's look on metal. Most people mention it is about "screaming", being "dark" or simply "violent". And when I have to agree those bands do exist I know lots of  bands that have none of those traits. And bands like Nightwish, Widek, Orden Ogan, SOME songs by Falkenbach (like Eweroun) prove my point right.

Then let's look on rap. Often I hear arguments "it's not even singing/music" or "lyrics are crap".

Here I will use polish rap scene. A comparsion of good AND bad rappers. 

First let's go with bad one - Peja. He is Your typical stereotypical rapper who has bad lyrics about "living on the street" and "performing sexual intercourse with the police". He also once rallied entire audience during gig against one 15 years old who showed him middle finger while Peja was performing. That guy IS disgusting.

But then we have polish rap group 52 Debiec which writes deep poethic lyrics (I wish I could show but they are in polish sadly).

And to be blunt - rapping IS singing, people who say it is not have no idea how hard is it to rap properly. I know people who can do that. It is NOT easy to do. 

Then we have electronic music. Sure, it has some terrible songs that can be heard on the radio, full of autotune or one melody repeated thousands times for no specific reason. But even check number of subgenres and artists that ARE NOT on the radio in the wikipedia. It is overwhelming. Also I heard few "less popular" songs sent by random friends. They are not half as bad as the ones on radio. Actually... they are really fun.

And same applies to literally every genre with exception for typical party music which was never made to be deep. 

I don't blame people for disliking entire genres, don't get me wrong. But don't judge entire genre by few bands as there CAN BE other bands with entirely different sound. People still look for new ideas, try to add something new to music. Don't  close Your mind on that, because random X band from the genre sucks. 

Hugo out.

I hate any type of rock music, metal music is the worst for me.

All they do is shout in the song and bash their heads forwards and don't get haircuts. They also just violently drum and the fashion is very questionable

There are no genres  of music i dislike but Pop these days is making it hard to say that like really "My Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun" is their nothing else to write about in the pop genre other than partying, broken hearts and objectifying woman  i miss the pop greats like MJ and Madonna and so on.

But nothing compares to rock i'm sorry hehehe

Edited by SnoochieBoochies

Ah, rap and country and pop dominating the thread as always

All they do is shout in the song and bash their heads forwards and don't get haircuts. They also just violently drum and the fashion is very questionable

This is basically what everyone who's added metal has to say about it and it's so far off it actually hurts to read. Edited by Baymax
  • Brohoof 1

Not much shouting if You ask me ;)

Please at least use arguments that are correct when hating ANY genre. 

Probably the reason I hate it is that I might have listened to the mainstream stuff and not the not so mainstream stuff.

I don't know I just think metal is a little to "emo" "goth" for me.i just can't explain why I hate it. It just isn't the type of music for me I guess.