Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If There Was a 7th Element of Harmony?

Homura Akemi

Sunset Shimmer is really the only character I see making sense being a 7th Element of Harmony. What that element would be, I don't know. Years ago I thought Spike could fit into that, but no. It wouldn't work now. 

• 3 months later...

Is not somewhere mentioned that Cadance is the 7th Element (Love) ? mlp-pcwhat.png

But I also think that Sunset is one as well.

In my opinion she would be the element of friendship.

Sure, forgiveness and empathy would fit too, but when I look at her story and her similarities and on the other hand differences with one particular character (or two, if you count both versions), this seems to be the most logical to me. mlp-tcute.png

I'm not against it.  If anything, it actually makes sense since rainbows have seven colors, and so far we have six main characters.  Even if it ended up being Starlight Glimmer (which contrary to what people WANT to believe, is the most likely candidate if they did do this), I would be fine if it was done well.  I don't know what they would call it, but it would be fine if there was a good reason for it.

As long as it isn't a self-contained ad for more toys.

Edited by SBaby

• 10 months later...

The magical stones in Legend of the Everfree are stand-ins (if not outright counterparts) of the EoH. We didn't missed the chance to ask what EoH could be Sunny's. The writers responded with Empathy, so there. If Starlight where to have one, I don't think it would be empathy though :huh:

Selflessness kinda fits in with generosity, as does sacrifice. One could say trust or commitment, as these things are essentials, but these are more or less covered by loyalty. There needs to exist a form of love between friends, but this is also covered by such things as kindness, loyalty and, arguably, by magic.

realistically, friendships must be balanced. As is seen in the show, there are times when friends need to be away from each other, and times when they disturb each other. One vital element to a successful relationship of any kind is space, temperance so to speak. Perhaps prudence. I feel as though the show doesn't highlight this enough. While it's true some buddy buddies can get along forever and undergo atomic fusion together I must say it's not an absolute scenario. In some cases, even one's closes friends blend into the mire of barbarian legions our minds evoke for us. This is natural. It is okay. It doesn't mean the friendship is over.

Of course, one could argue that every other part of friendship is governed by magic. But that is a cheap answer. A convenient one. Like Jack Getschman's gags.

"Why is that does?"

"Magic."

"Hwat!?"

"There's a snape in my boot!"
"Magic."
"It's real for us."

BTW didn't Sunset Shindig get some harmony bling on the other side or something? I don't fully remember the movie.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, the six elements have existed for centuries and are powerful enough on its own, adding a seventh one would cause more complications because there would be seven ponies that would need to be together to activate the same power, in instead of six. Not to mention the elements haven't been relevant in a long time, and they likely won't be again. We don't need an ancient magical relic to acknowledge the good qualities of characters.

I would not be surprised if they did add one or two just to shake up the series and how it all works. But I get the feeling they are drifting away from the elements themselves and going for a simpler idea with the idea of rainbow power or something of the like.

• Brohoof 1

The possibility of it happening is pretty minimal, but I would love for it to happen! As several members had suggested, I think forgiveness sounds good.

Besides, what element does Sunset represents? She is part of the elements of harmony in the human world right? (Correct me if I am wrong)

But to some extent, it will be rather funny finding that another element had been existing this whole time and they had been using the elements' magic without any problem for years. Unless of course if it had just magically created itself.

So cannonically, I am not sure if it is happening. But I would like it if they do it.

BTW didn't Sunset Shindig get some harmony bling on the other side or something? I don't fully remember the movie.

I believe so. But I am not entirely sure since they never mentioned what elements does she represents. At first I thought it would be Element of Magic. Bu then the human Twilight came, so I don't know. Do believe Sunset is part of the Elements. Edited by Lula- si Ninja Petir
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

There can be only Mane 6. That's something the show made very clear, even keeping Spike from being mentioned as "seven" in the ending of Season 8.