Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel lonely at times

ShintX

I'm always pretty lonely, actually.

While I do have some friends in real life and online, sometimes I can't help but feel left out at times.

I especially feel lonely and left out at school, since people often like to ignore me, be mean to me, or shut me out of an interesting conversation, without any disregard to my feelings.

While I do have some good irl friends, I rarely ever see them at all, besides saying the occasional "Hi there!" or "How are you doing?", since we never have any time to talk, besides saying hi or asking questions.

• Brohoof 2

I do, really often. But I sometimes find it comforting that at least others are not lonely :). Not the type to wish ill upon others because of my own sad feelings <3. 

• Brohoof 4

Sometimes, late at night, I do tend to feel alone and a feeling of longing. I don't have many friends offline at all and with my wreck of a social life in general, sometimes life can feel a bit empty. My boyfriend certainly helps with that though, as well as my friends here, even if I don't socialize anywhere near enough as I should. 

• Brohoof 4

I feel lonely all the time. Most of the time i fake being happy so people don't ask me things. at the same time, i can't spend my time being depressed. I lost a lot of friends since just changing my steam picture to rainbow dash a long time ago. All my friends, along with myself were shocked. I used to always have people I'd stay up all night texting, or even IRL friends, but the IRL friends is a loooong story, and i don't want to think too much about that. There's really nobody who can relate to me with the 2 main things I like(the music I like and liking MLP)

• Brohoof 2

All the time. I'm not really satisfied with my social life but it's not like I can do much about it. 

What I really want to do is exploit talents of mine. Make cool pictures, covers for songs, animatics or comics even. I want to feel somewhat important and for people to notice me, not as another boring guy but as someone with potential. It is then that I think I'll be happy and not burdened with the burden of loneliness.

Edited by Varrack
  • Brohoof 1

All the time. I'm not really satisfied with my social life but it's not like I can do much about it. 

What I really want to do is exploit talents of mine. Make cool pictures, covers for songs, animatics or comics even. I want to feel somewhat important and for people to notice me, not as another boring guy but as someone with potential. It is then that I think I'll be happy and not burdened with the burden of loneliness.

Really feeling this post. I've been feeling like lately the cure to loneliness is to be the type of person others want to be around. Like if we can all start creating interesting things, we will be seen as more interesting people.

Best of luck, man. Let us know how your endeavors go. I need to pick something to fill the hours, too. Getting started is so hard...

• Brohoof 2

I'm always lonely. It's why I find myself turning to forums and other online social media to try and meet new people. With me being socially awkward even online though, I find a lot of my online efforts are wasted. I can't bring myself to follow random people on Twitter for example, as I'll feel like a creeper as we don't know each other, yet some people who have followed me have ended up being casual acquaintances.

Sometimes I get so lonely that I consider getting in contact with ex partners or old friends, but I'm more than sure I'd be bothering them or they wouldn't want to hear from me anyway.

• Brohoof 1

ALL THE TIME. Don't get me wrong I live with my Granny, and she's the best person ever, but it gets kinda old just talking to her, and she feels the same about me, but where we live , we don't get to meet a lot of nice folks. So yeah I get lonely a lot. My method for coping is Fallout and writing.

Edited by Shadow Wind
  • Brohoof 1

Really feeling this post. I've been feeling like lately the cure to loneliness is to be the type of person others want to be around. Like if we can all start creating interesting things, we will be seen as more interesting people.

Best of luck, man. Let us know how your endeavors go. I need to pick something to fill the hours, too. Getting started is so hard...

Hey maybe we can collaborate on something :P I wanna be seen as doing something but it'd be even better doing it with others who are at the same stage as I am. I just really don't want to spend my days laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling if ya know what I mean.

In real life, yes. I feel very lonely...because i am actually. I have zero real life friends.

On the Internet, its most of the time.

But sometimes i actually talk to people, sometimes it works.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

All of the time. I've recently been doing a lot of busy work to distract myself. But, once it's over I go right back to feeling lonely.

Edited by YouMayNykki
  • Brohoof 1

Of course. I do all my activities completely alone, going out to eat, shopping, even movies. No one really approaches me, nor do I them. Around where I live, nearly everyone seems bothered if I ask them a question. I'm somewhat misanthropic from being so much alone too.

(edited)

I feel alone everyday I have my moments. Sometimes even when your with other people you can feel alone becuase if you can't trust anyone it can feel way more alone then being by yourself.

Edited by Grey Tail
  • Brohoof 3

I'm almost always alone, and when things are fine, I don't mind it because I like doing activities alone.  Sometimes I do want to be around other people though, and as long as I know I have friends and I can message them online or what have you sometimes, then being around family is good enough.

But I do get lonely semi-frequently because I am a very difficult person to be around and weird things happen and the people I get close to go away.  I recently seem to have lost my best friend... I lost my previous best friend a couple summers back... and I lost the only person I've ever been in love with last summer... and I have like 5 friends, none of whom are very close except one who's kinda dealing with a lot emotionally and isn't able to y'know, help other people, and he has other friends who are better for him than me, so...

Yes. I am lonely.  I really want a close friend.  But I do not know how to make them. I don't know how to people.  :rarity: