Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel lonely at times

ShintX

Sometimes i feel like i wished i had ear to frown down or something.

I dunno, its kinda like little people where i live. I have tons of games and cool stuff, but not so much fun with less people around. Just curious if some of you feel the same way.

I think we all do, dear.

In fact, I think I already replied to this thread before... lol

I do what I can to fill my day by keeping contact with people online to help fill the void...

I've never been lonely, actually. I like being alone and just writing or reading. Sure, I like hanging out with friends and I prefer to have my girlfriend with me, but I'm not lonely when they're not around.

Yes, quite often. However in a similar sense that I enjoy (most) depression I have come to enjoy being lonely.

I think it is music that allows me to do such.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what you mean by lonely, I'm a guy who loves to go on adventures alone. I just love solitude. There's just a certain joy of having no one around to judge you for being crazy. It's a nice feeling ^ ^

Some people wish for lots of money, a new car, or a big house, but for me what I want is more valuable than these material objects, friends, I may be a loner, but I don't want to to be lonely. The last time I had people to connect with was in the navy reserve, these were great servicemen, and I hope to meet them again someday, but ever since my enlistment ended, I have been alone, when I want to do great things, like travel, play video games, and other hobbies, it would be more fun to share this zeal with someone, to enjoy the positive things of life, to celebrate the gift of life. For when times do go bad, it would be nice to have someone to consul you, when times are sad, or when they need tender care, because good people do not deserve to be alone, since people who do have friends, take advantage of them, or do foolish stunts, to me that is not what friendship is about, it is about sentimental embrace, sharing with others youth and vigour. I had a great dream recently, where I had friends, where I felt important, it was the happiest dream I have had in awhile, at my core, I am a loner, yet I still want someone to talk to, and be a friend to someone lonely too, although I am alone right now, what keeps me going is the feeling that someday, I will have some friends, a gift of the heart.  

I know I do sometimes even if I'm surrounded by people or like have no reason to be sad I just kinda feel alone and a bit depressed it's something that I know a lot of people struggle with. It's really hard to find people with common interests when you're in the middle of nowhereseville >~<

But talking to others tends to help! And if anyone ever wants to talk about anything really just message me ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

All. The. Time. I'm 33 and it seems there are expectations placed upon you regarding your social experience by the 30s that I'm way behind the curve on. But every day is an opportunity to learn and grow. No curve is to steep if you climb it with claws made of determination tempered in honesty.

• Brohoof 1

As an introverted person I really value my me time and being by myself is a very therapeutic experience after being surrounded by people all day. I like being alone but not alone in a crowd. For me, it's about balancing the time I spend with myself and the time I spend around others, and as much as I love being alone I think I wouldn't be able to handle being the only person on earth or for a hundred miles or something. The tension that comes from being frustrated with others' presence and needing company makes a happy medium sometimes. Sometimes. Solitude is a different emotional experience from loneliness.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I seldom feel lonely. I'm almost always surrounded by at least one person or another. If one goes away another quickly takes their place. It's like they work in shifts. I'm not complaining, it's just the way things are. I'm outgoing and I like people.

Loneliness in terms of romantic companionship is a little different. I'm not attached right now but I seldom have the time to think about it anyway, so again, no complaints. Everything in its time and place. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I have very little meaningful contact with other people, but for some reason, I almost never get lonely.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

(edited)

im-not-lonely-i-have-me.gif

Not really. I spend a lot of time alone but I like it. I've come to the conclusion that having a lot of friends can be a hassle. I have the perfect number of friends, one :P and a boyfriend. 

I just like being alone. I used to play alone a lot when I was a kid. I only thought it was weird because other people thought it was weird.

Edited by Kayleigh