Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When you're lonely...

tripfly

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

i tend to talk to my OCs, I eat with them, play with them, have deep and meaningful conversations with them...then I realize they aren't really there

• 4 years later...

Recently I've been coming to the forums whenever I feel lonely, but irl I just kind of deal with it. I worry a bunch about bothering the people around me, so I just stay by myself and be lonely constantly. It was nice in high school when I actually had friends I could talk with, but I don't know anybody at my college.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been living by myself for a few years, so I'm used to it. When I get off work, I'm ready to get out of the city and head straight home back to peace and quiet.

I just do my normal stuff.

• 2 months later...

I seldom feel lonely to be honest. I always seem to have people around. But on the rare occasion I'm alone and not reveling in the solitude, I immerse myself in some sort of creative project or watch a movie. There's no better way to escape the moment than to disappear into another world of my creation or someone else's. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Loneliness can be a hard thing to manage, depends on what is it that is causing that issue, I'm talking about the root of it not just the "I would like to be in a relationship"  type. I currently have been struggling for a couple years now, and sadly I tried to coup with it in a wrong way. No not drugs or Alcohol, but work, I focused on work too much. I pulled overtime hours and days working 60+ hours a week at my job. Yes for my age I can say I'm doing pretty decent, but......the money still doesn't fix the issue. Sad thing is being a workaholic is like being an alcoholic when it comes to it only pushes the issue to the next day. Alot of us think we are doing something that is helping, but one day it wont work anymore. But luckily for me, my job also happens to be one of the things that help me when I'm down, driving. Driving gives me time to think about things and reassess my situation and yes, I'm almost 26, I never had a real relationship, I sleep with a life size plush so I can pretend I have someone, but.... I have a good paying job, I have a few good friends, a supportive family so it can very easily be worse, but its not and one day I can do it, I can find happiness, not today, but If I give up, it wont come so I must go on. 

Might have gone a little off topic, just started typing, haha.