Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to a friend's betrayal?

Invincible

To me it wouldn't be any big thing. Whether it's as small as telling secrets or as big as trying to harm me I'm not gonna fault them for whatever reasons they have. I may be unlikely to ever talk to them again but I could never hate them if they were a truly close friend.

Wow. Really? I know what you're doing.

img-3163740-1-540dO9i.gif

Really dude? Are you serious?

img-3163740-2-yDLBSWb.gif

Okay. So I see. So that's the way it's gonna be.

img-3163740-3-Dom-inception-2010-2670478

Now, just... tell me something. Under what circumstances do you think this is acceptable?

http://youtu.be/aEv4a0WWD-4?t=25m20s

Alright. That's it. I've had enough. We're done.

img-3163740-4-EPT48L3.png

This is usually how my reactions go. Something of this nature. You have to go through several stages of getting on my bad side before I finally crack, and when I do, good luck talking me out of it. I can forgive a lot of things, as I have in the past. But once you go too far, there is a point of no return.

Then you're forever lost as a friend to me, and I'll only be nice to you because it's not in my nature to be angry. You will have no more respect from me than the bare minimum amount necessary to maintain civility.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

• Find them
  • Get answers from them
  • We're done, no longer friends as I break that friendship.
  • Teach them a message or do the equivalent of what they've done to me
  • Never talk to them again

You forget the important thing, it all depends on what kind of betrayal it is. What if you were ruining your life on a unhealthy addiction and a friend betrayed you by going behind your back and getting you put into a clinic that threats addiciton, what if thanks to their betrayal you got your life back. Your case ends that friendship no mather the case.

You forget the important thing, it all depends on what kind of betrayal it is. What if you were ruining your life on a unhealthy addiction and a friend betrayed you by going behind your back and getting you put into a clinic that threats addiciton, what if thanks to their betrayal you got your life back. Your case ends that friendship no mather the case.

That's not betrayal if they're trying to help me. If they were helping me in that way and I didn't like it, I would understand why but I would try to get out of it since I'd be addicted. But I wouldn't go as far as to breaking the friendship unless there's been other reasons why.

Betrayal, to me, is when someone I trusted and was loyal to is trying to undermine me or just otherwise harm me, behind my back or not.

Depending on how serious it was, there is still a chance I'd let it slide, because going out grudging revenge against someone is never a good idea. Whether or not I'd confront them, of course I would.

I may continue being friends with them, in fact this kind of thing has happened in the past to me, and the person that betrayed me has actually ended up becoming one of my closest friends!  :lol:

It's happened to me a few times. They end up coming back and becoming friends again, then they get popular friends and leave you behind. They get in a fight with the popular friends and come back. It's the cycle of betrayal, I guess.

If they betray me, it just proves that they're not good friends and I move on.

Well, I didn't react too kindly when this guy kinda-sorta betrayed me a couple of nights ago. One night he was telling me how "I was a true friend" and how "He'd always have my back." >_>

After that, he called my ladyfriend "a complete bitch" to my face and says I'll be dead soon.

post-20419-0-91010300-1413178562_thumb.jpg

Fuck you, Allistair. I thought you were my bro -_-

post-20419-0-91010300-1413178562_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I have had this happen several times, some aren't so much betrayals as much as they are just someone just not wanting to be friends anymore. Most of the time, I just kinda abide to myself and that's it, to not spark anything further. A couple of times we became friends again but during the off time it is kinda depressing for me, it doesn't feel good losing a friend.

Well, I didn't react too kindly when this guy kinda-sorta betrayed me a couple of nights ago. One night he was telling me how "I was a true friend" and how "He'd always have my back." >_>

After that, he called my ladyfriend "a complete bitch" to my face and says I'll be dead soon.

img-3165449-1-attachicon.gifunnamed (1).jpg

Fuck you, Allistair. I thought you were my bro -_-

WHOA MAN YOU DON'T GET UP IN ALISTAIR'S GRILLS

I WILL F*CK YOU UP

YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG OBVIOUSLY DON'T YOU BLAME MY BUBBY FOR IT >:C

Anyways if people betray me it's not my problem, it's theirs (unless they had a "good reason"). I honestly don't care all that much and will likely just treat them as they want to be treated (that is, cordially, not in a friendly way). There are few who I consider "true" friends and those whom are to me are not the type to do something like that for no reason.

Edited by Quip
  • Brohoof 1

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer :umad:

I would allow a continued friendship, but I would maintain no trust with the person, and their place on my friends list will fall right down to the bottom.

Why should they get any special treatment after how they treated you?

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer :umad:

I would allow a continued friendship, but I would maintain no trust with the person, and their place on my friends list will fall right down to the bottom.

Why should they get any special treatment after how they treated you?

Same goes with me.

I rather have hurtful friends than not having any friends at all.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

There aren't many feelings worse than the feeling of betrayal.

Depending on the severity of their offenses, I can usually forgive them, but the wound takes time to fully heal.

Agreed with this

But as myself, I would just ignore them and move on with my life.

Betrayal is something that is really common and you usually never get the answer for it.

I have some trust issues, but I'm also one of the most forgiving people you'll ever meet. It really depends on how bad the person screws me over, but I try not to hold grudges. If someone is legitimately sorry for what they did, then it's behind me. 

But really, it's a big deal if I place my trust in someone. It's a heavy emotional investment and when someone betrays me, it hurts worse than anything. 

It depends on the context of the betrayal, and on similar (even if less harmful) situations which occurred in the past.  I've discovered that I always forgive people who wrong me, but it can sometimes take a very long time for that to happen.  But even if I can forgive someone for what they've done, I need to consider whether being friends with them is still beneficial.

Unfortunately, I recently experienced a betrayal from one of my best friends, who I've known for almost two decades.  Due to the nature of the betrayal, as well as on their change in personality over the past few years, I decided that their friendship with me had become toxic.  Consequently, I have not renewed our friendship.  I feel sad to conclude that discontinuing such a long friendship has become necessary, but I can't see any good coming from it anymore.  A friendship needs to be mutually beneficial.  If you can't trust someone, or if you think associating with them will cause more harm than good, you need to think things over carefully.  But sometimes it can be salvaged, so don't lose heart if you feel it's worth saving.

As with so many in life my reaction has always depended on several factors. The severity of the offense, my history and attachment with the person, and if I see any form of regret in the person. Also important is their relationship with others around me. I tend to forgive people easily, and I rarely lose my cool, but I have had to walk away from a toxic friendship once before ... not an easy thing for me to do.

• 2 weeks later...

ive got betrayed a lot of times i didnt let it affect me, but recently on facebook, i didnt feel safe having people that i didnt know on my friends list, so i unfriended them, only hoping that they understood

Nearly all of my friends have betrayed me at one point, so I give them all several chances before eventually telling them to get out of my life and never speak to me again (which I've done with all friends but the one who has never betrayed me). 

Admittedly childish but they had their chances and they blew it.

And one of my best friends since childhood I recently kicked out of my life, kind of hurts but at the same time you shouldn't depend on others for happiness.

So, yeah, tell them to leave depending on the severity of the situation and how many chances they've had. 

First I would keep fairly calm about it...

I would likely ask why they are actually doing this which likely comes by blocking you out or elsewhat, I would likely look into this...

this depends if the results are positive or negative if we would remain friends or not.