Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 'Final Boss' in your life

ARagY

You want to . . . kill all of humanity?

Why the final boss from that game and not the one from Okami proper? Granted I haven't played the game and don't know who the final boss is.

What gave you that idea? Who said I wanted to kill anyone? I apologize if you took my post the wrong way. But please, it is unwise to make such assumptions.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

I think my final boss probably is just my addictions to time-wasting things like YouTube... At least I'm kind of getting over it, albeit very slowly, but if I put my mind to it, it should be faster... I definitely enjoy doing things other than YouTube, especially if it has to do with either creativity or education.

• Brohoof 1

What gave you that idea? Who said I wanted to kill anyone? I apologize if you took my post the wrong way. But please, it is unwise to make such assumptions.

It wasn't an assumption, I phrased it as a question. An assumption would be me declaring your intent from my own findings. To answer your question of what gave me the idea, it was your post.

Humankind, Society and Speciesism are most likely ones. These aren't things that I want to be adept at so much as do away with.

"Do away with" "humankind, society" hence what gave me the idea which lead to my question of clarifying your intent. 

Edited by Steel Accord

For me so far, it's probably my brain. I categorize all my aspects that make me up into characters that define that aspect or one I made up to do that. I shall list for your amusement what goes on in my brain.

Schism: I made this guy a while back to personify my calculated and cold approach to problems, my naturally deceptive nature, and my flamboyantly arrogant attitude.

Slaanesh: From the WH40K universe, Slaanesh is the god of depravity and other stuff of that sort, greed, gluttony, excess. He is my pleasure-seeking side and is a pretty big part of how I act. He keeps me making decisions for the best benefit to me or others.

Observer: From the TribeTwelve series on Youtube, he is my silent and watchful side always talking in tiny details nobody notices. He doesn't do much.

Rainbow Dash: After some wacky hypnosis shite, I got her as another persona. Basically my competitive and loyalty to my friends side

I could elaborate more but I do not want to bore the pants off anyone. But for other final bosses, the entire state of Indiana is a big final boss and pessimism is another of mine. 

Edited by Primarch Fulgrim
  • Brohoof 1

It wasn't an assumption, I phrased it as a question. An assumption would be me declaring your intent from my own findings. To answer your question of what gave me the idea, it was your post.

"Do away with" "humankind, society" hence what gave me the idea which lead to my question of clarifying your intent. 

Has not the idea of rejection crossed your mind? For that was what I refer to. Make no mistake, I dislike my own kind and I do dislike the false, artificial world we have created as well as our abuse of philosophy and our egoism, lack of morality, responsibility and cognitive dissonance. Not to mention some of the lies and fallacies our kind has constructed.

As such I believe such things should be rejected, tossed away, so we may become wiser and return to our mother and fellow beings. But I can't say the thought of human extinction hasn't crossed my mind, its not a bad thing in itself, especially if we fail to learn the error of our ways in time. but I am more concerned for other beings caught in the event, going down with us.

It is very much like your naive mind to jump to conclusions, instead of giving the text some thought. Don't feel bad, alot of humans are discouraged from thinking deeply, let alone for themselves, or at all even. I know you are used to others making decisions for you and manipulating you, its a common flaw unique to our species.

My final boss of life? Since we can't see into the future, I assume you mean something very hard to overcome, but we will try our best to defeat, despite the impossibility.

In that scenario, I'd like to think I have more than one final boss ATM, and since they intertwine with each other, they have merged together to form a titan of a final boss' final form.

One of which is learning coding. I want to learn enough about coding to create a personal website. Another is what I hope to be my future career: Art. I want to make drawing pictures my profession, so I wanna build a website to get my brand out there. Another would be school, where I am taking classes to learn how to draw better/more efficiently/use better programs. Finally, there is my schedule. I have a hard time balancing my personal life, my socal life, and my school life to a point where I just don't do things I need to do that day and do them another day.

On a similar note, this thread and my "final boss" has given me the idea of drawing what my "final boss" looks like, before merging and after.

Edited by DJShy3
  • Brohoof 1

Has not the idea of rejection crossed your mind? For that was what I refer to. Make no mistake, I dislike my own kind and I do dislike the false, artificial world we have created as well as our abuse of philosophy and our egoism, lack of morality, responsibility and cognitive dissonance. Not to mention some of the lies and fallacies our kind has constructed.

As such I believe such things should be rejected, tossed away, so we may become wiser and return to our mother and fellow beings. But I can't say the thought of human extinction hasn't crossed my mind, its not a bad thing in itself, especially if we fail to learn the error of our ways in time. but I am more concerned for other beings caught in the event, going down with us.

It is very much like your naive mind to jump to conclusions, instead of giving the text some thought. Don't feel bad, alot of humans are discouraged from thinking deeply, let alone for themselves, or at all even. I know you are used to others making decisions for you and manipulating you, its a common flaw unique to our species.

Sir, that is completely uncalled for. I was asking a question of you, making an inquiry. How could I even formulate such if I had no mind of my own?

I made no judgments of you but you call me naive and incapable of independent thought?

You answered my question, and I respect your answer however fiercely I disagree with it. To once again answer your prompt, no rejection hasn't occurred to me, correction on the other hoof, redemption, have both figured into my thoughts many a time.

Sir, that is completely uncalled for. I was asking a question of you, making an inquiry. How could I even formulate such if I had no mind of my own?

I made no judgments of you but you call me naive and incapable of independent thought?

You answered my question, and I respect your answer however fiercely I disagree with it. To once again answer your prompt, no rejection hasn't occurred to me, correction on the other hoof, redemption, have both figured into my thoughts many a time.

Both are indeed a possibilities , albeit a slim one in our case. All that is required is a paradigm shift, but to attain that, we must make a number of changes to our daily lives.

Changes that, these days, are easier than ever to make, but those require our species to swallow our arrogance, our ego, our discrimination habits. As you know of course, we tend to be very stubborn and have an irrational fear of change, weather it be good or bad.

However, the number of people waking up and making these changes are slowly but steadily increasing, so there is a flicker of hope. But we may not get there in time.

Both are indeed a possibilities , albeit a slim one in our case. All that is required is a paradigm shift, but to attain that, we must make a number of changes to our daily lives.

Changes that, these days, are easier than ever to make, but those require our species to swallow our arrogance, our ego, our discrimination habits. As you know of course, we tend to be very stubborn and have an irrational fear of change, weather it be good or bad.

However, the number of people waking up and making these changes are slowly but steadily increasing, so there is a flicker of hope. But we may not get there in time.

Be that paradigm. You can be the example that humans should follow to revert back to a more natural lifestyle which mean getting off and staying off the internet. I agree that we as humans have done some less that nice things, but we can't just backtrack to save ourselves. We're in deep enough that the only way to move is forward.

Be that paradigm. You can be the example that humans should follow to revert back to a more natural lifestyle which mean getting off and staying off the internet. I agree that we as humans have done some less that nice things, but we can't just backtrack to save ourselves. We're in deep enough that the only way to move is forward.

Typical "I can't do everything, so I'll do nothing" mentality and a bit of misunderstanding, but I applaud you for not brushing humankind's wrongdoings under the rug.

Being more naturocentric one doesn't involve that sort of regression, especially when the area doing the most damage is the animal agriculture industry, aside from such an industry itself being about as morally right as other forms of enslavement, exploitation, mass genocide and desecration of the land in the past and present. So the areas that need to be changed or ones that contribute to that as well as similar industries(A plant-based or vegan way of living helps quite a bit there, especially since a well-planned one is something humans thrive on quite well(its not really a surprise, we are primates after all)), its not rocket science.  And of course direct action has its place as well. This is moving forward, in a way that won't require multiple worlds that will all suffer the same grim fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqJI1Y-EpgY

I have but a single final boss. Death.

Losing means being human, but winning... Winning will make me a GOD.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 6

My Final Boss? I've faced it and the game reset on me. If it hadn't I would have lost. I will face it again, be it five years or twenty. Hopefully I will be stronger by then.

One can hope.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Fear. That's the giant I'm striving to kill. It's not a crippling fear, but it makes doing new things quite difficult. This year I've made it my aim to overcome fear the only way one can; by doing what you're afraid of. It's proven to be quite a challenge, but I've grown a lot this year and I'm very proud. :squee:

Edited by Jaxsie