Any ships you simply don't care for in this fandom?

Slice0Pie

All of them that aren't within the confines of the show.

People take them often to serious, and to the point that if anything does come up (Twi/Flash) they'll go absolutely berserk over the writers attempt to move the story along (though admittedly relationships usually end in stagnated stories and a bad future for the shows that have them)

Only one I tolerate, due to the characters being simply unofficial anyways.., would be Octavia/Vinyl Scratch.

And I'll admit that if Hasbro makes the stupid move of making either of them actually speak or more involved, I'll be disappointed. Backgrounds should be backgrounds, exploring them to much takes the fun out of the speculation.

But only disappointed, I'm not like many... Some would go absolutely crazy given the work thats gone into giving the nopony characters personalities and life... Hasbro would be doing a very bad thing by bringing them in... Even bringing in derpy was a bad idea, cute to some degree how they intended it, but it was a bad idea from the get go.

• Brohoof 1

NUUUUUUUU! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF PINKIE!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I do not at all like shipping, but my least favorites are same sex shipping, especially among the mane six, and OC/cannon shipping. Both just seem wrong on so many levels.

Any particular reason as to why same sex shippings are wrong on so many levels? Please enlighten me. Just message me the answer, because we shouldn't start a debate here.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I believe this goes here because it relates to fan ships and not to the show itself. (Feel free to move the topic if I'm incorrect.)

Anyway, are there any ships that this fandom comes up with that you're either not interested in or dislike intensely? This can include ships with background ponies.

I'll start by saying that I'm personally not a fan of AppleDash. I think it's just because I don't have that much interest in Applejack as a character, but there are ships I prefer over that one with Rainbow Dash.

(Note: This thread is not a shipping war thread. You may state you don't understand the popularity of a ship and even try to explain why you like one, but this is still not a debating thread. I'm watching you guys like a hawk. Keep it clean.)

• Brohoof 2

Derpy and Dr. Whooves. I really just don't get it or where it came from. It just seems like it's always been there and I still don't care for it. Maybe it's just because I don't watch Dr. Who, but I what little I know makes me understand the Roseluck/Dr ship. 

• Brohoof 1

Sparity is the worst for me. Yeah,I know that shipping has no exceptions. But,come on!

A baby dragon with a 22 year old pony?!

Also,FlutterMac,FlashLight,Shining Armor x Cadence,any incest ships,and SoarDash are all pretty stupid.

Why,you ask?

FlutterMac- What's the connection?! Fluttershy and Big Mac have had no interaction,whatsoever. (I know this is common in shipping. But,if you're gonna pair characters together. At least find a connection,or a reason that they would be together.)

FlashLight- A forced ship to sell more toys. Twily deserves way better than him.

Shining Armor x Cadence- I can't really explain why I dislike this one. It just doesn't seem right. Plus,I prefer Shining with Sombra or Flash Sentry.

Incest Ships- I honestly do not like incest.

SoarDash - They've had interaction,sure. But,I don't see the chemistry.

Edited by French Maid Jack
  • Brohoof 1

Whoops, I didn't find a thread here that was already like that. I tried searching for it, but...

Anyway, I forgot to add that I'm actually not a fan of RainbowSoarin', either. They don't have that much of extended interaction and I just don't ship Soarin' with anyone in general.

• Brohoof 1

FlutterMac- What's the connection?! Fluttershy and Big Mac have had no interaction,whatsoever. (I know this is common in shipping. But,if you're gonna pair characters together. At least find a connection,or a reason that they would be together.)

I think FlutterMac is common because Big Macintosh was described as shy by his little sister, and so it was presumed this would be a connecting factor for the two of them. Ironically, this observation about mac was made in Hearts and Hooves Day which is what paired Mac with Cheerilee.

Personally, I don't think there's any pairings I don't like, just ones I don't udnerstand or think would make sense. For me, the one that I really can't picture is Big Mac and Twilight. Those two have zip in common, except perhaps liking the same doll!

FlutterDash comes to mind - I definitely see the appeal and get why it's so popular, but they just don't work for me as a couple, though their friendship is adorable. (I admit I have a slight grudge because of Super Lesbian Horse RPG. which I otherwise really enjoyed but I thought you'd at least get to pick your pairings, whyyy did the main ship have to be the only mane 6 pairing I DON'T ship >.<)

Fluttercord is becoming one too, which I didn't expect because I adore their friendship and even shipped it a bit...but I had such an instinctive NO reaction when I heard about the hints in the IDW comic. I think it's because all the complications I love in their canon platonic dynamic have the potential to become super skeevy if turned romantic - the whole ~redeemed by love~ trope, and I feel like at this point in canon Discord needs to prove that he genuinely cares about Fluttershy to earn back her trust - which I do believe he does, but what happened in the S4 finale is gonna sting for a long time and yeah, just glossing over all those complications and making it a fluffy romance is DNW for me.

I've never cared for FlutterMac either, because as others have said the basis seems to be pretty much that Big Mac's one of few canon stallions with any development + they're both shy. especially because Big Mac doesn't even really seem that shy to me - more the "strong silent type", and it's a running gag that he doesn't talk but he doesn't seem to have any trouble speaking up when he has to. I don't really see them having much in common.

(so basically I'm picky about Fluttershy ships because nopony's good enough for mah bb :P)

Also Spike/any of the mane 6 (especially Twilight and/or Rarity), because of the age difference. Spike/anypony, really - I like him, but he's too much of a kid for me to consider shipping him.

And any incest ship...with the exception of Flim/Flam. I can see it with those two for some reason :x

• Brohoof 1

even though I loved the fan game "super lesbian horse RPG" I wasn't the biggest fan of Pinkie Pie X Twilight sparkle

I really want a Twilight x Big Mac ship in a fan game.

maker's of fan games, hear my call!

OcuG6n1.gif

FlutterDash comes to mind - I definitely see the appeal and get why it's so popular, but they just don't work for me as a couple, though their friendship is adorable. (I admit I have a slight grudge because of Super Lesbian Horse RPG. which I otherwise really enjoyed but I thought you'd at least get to pick your pairings, whyyy did the main ship have to be the only mane 6 pairing I DON'T ship >.<)

even though I loved the fan game "super lesbian horse RPG" I wasn't the biggest fan of Pinkie Pie X Twilight sparkle

Oh man, that was also my biggest issue with Super Lesbian Horse RPG. I honestly didn't even like the FlutterDash dynamic that was in there; I wasn't fond of how Rainbow was written, even if it was kind of funny. The lack of choice is pretty bad, though, especially for a RPG. Also, Lucky Star just reminded me of another ship I'm not a fan of: Pinkie/Twilight. It's kind of for the same reason as AppleDash; I'm just not a big fan of Pinkie. (I like her and everything, but I'm not as interested in her as Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Twilight.)

• Brohoof 1

Oh man, that was also my biggest issue with Super Lesbian Horse RPG. I honestly didn't even like the FlutterDash dynamic that was in there; I wasn't fond of how Rainbow was written, even if it was kind of funny. The lack of choice is pretty bad, though, especially for a RPG. Also, Lucky Star just reminded me of another ship I'm not a fan of: Pinkie/Twilight. It's kind of for the same reason as AppleDash; I'm just not a big fan of Pinkie. (I like her and everything, but I'm not as interested in her as Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Twilight.)

I loved FlutterDash, but only because of a fanfic I read. hmmm actually Twilight Pie was my only complaint.

though there could have been more choices now that I think about it. ;)  :wub:

I loved FlutterDash, but only because of a fanfic I read. hmmm actually Twilight Pie was my only complaint.

though there could have been more choices now that I think about it. ;)  :wub:

I do like FlutterDash, I just don't like how it was written in there. Twilight Pie is actually one of my least favorite ships right there next to Rainbow Soar (which to be honest I keep thinking was only invented to have Rainbow shipped with a male pegasus...).

I'm a bit of a TwiDasher here, but I'm pretty tolerant of other ships for the most part.

I do like FlutterDash, I just don't like how it was written in there. Twilight Pie is actually one of my least favorite ships right there next to Rainbow Soar (which to be honest I keep thinking was only invented to have Rainbow shipped with a male pegasus...).

I'm a bit of a TwiDasher here, but I'm pretty tolerant of other ships for the most part.

better than shipping Twilight with Flash sentry  :P

^_^  :wub:

nerds need love too.

Twilight Sparkle x Flash Sentry. I used to hate this shipping a lot, but over the months I got over it and accepted that it exists. It's still off putting to see Twilight fall in love with a character of a different species, however.

I also don't care for PinkieShy and FlutterDash.

Fluttercord is becoming one too, which I didn't expect because I adore their friendship and even shipped it a bit...but I had such an instinctive NO reaction when I heard about the hints in the IDW comic. I think it's because all the complications I love in their canon platonic dynamic have the potential to become super skeevy if turned romantic - the whole ~redeemed by love~ trope, and I feel like at this point in canon Discord needs to prove that he genuinely cares about Fluttershy to earn back her trust - which I do believe he does, but what happened in the S4 finale is gonna sting for a long time and yeah, just glossing over all those complications and making it a fluffy romance is DNW for me.

I've never cared for FlutterMac either, because as others have said the basis seems to be pretty much that Big Mac's one of few canon stallions with any development + they're both shy. especially because Big Mac doesn't even really seem that shy to me - more the "strong silent type", and it's a running gag that he doesn't talk but he doesn't seem to have any trouble speaking up when he has to. I don't really see them having much in common.

(so basically I'm picky about Fluttershy ships because nopony's good enough for mah bb :P)

Also Spike/any of the mane 6 (especially Twilight and/or Rarity), because of the age difference. Spike/anypony, really - I like him, but he's too much of a kid for me to consider shipping him.

I agree with all that,except FlutterDash.

I ship FlutterDash.

And any incest ship...with the exception of Flim/Flam. I can see it with those two for some reason :x

Same here.

• Brohoof 1

Snips and Snails, and not because of them both being male. It's because I CAN'T STAND THEM! I wish they were quietly removed from the show. Now if Shining Armor and Flash Sentry shared a little quality time, I'd be all for it! I wonder if Cadence would enjoy a little peek at that. My head canon says Twilight would!

LOL! 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@RavenBlazeMarvel, your funny ballsiness makes you win this thread, especially since your current avatar is of a half-shaved. Half mohawkish humanized Rainbow Dash, and a humanized Applejack.*EDIT ON DEC 2: Here's a link to Raven's former avatar source: http://littlebreeze.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Human-Rainbow-Dash-and-Applejack-361890590

I think it is funny how you said "among countless others" instead of bothering to name the rest, showing that AppleDash is in a league of its own. Which it is. It is such a lazy ship (somehow even moreso than FlutterDash, which is a ship that, even if you don't do it, is one that pretty much everyone assumes has a following based on Fluttershy and RD's canonical childhood friendship mentioned in Season 1) and is popular among people with lousy personalities that don't understand how relationships work. I certainly have never heard of anyone actively trying to explain a case in favor of it outside of "they are meant for each other" or "they have a lot in common"

Most other ships, especially Mane 6 x Mane 6, people may eventually admit the silly reasoning behind them.

I personally admit that I only like RariJack for the sexy angst and because of the humor of Look Before You Sleep. I don't even bother pretending to be important about it with "opposites attract" talk. That and their colors just look physically interesting together.

FlutterDash is basically all about Fluttershy's shy closeted angst, in my imagination, Fluttershy is the one who is pursuing Rainbow Dash but is afraid to make a move because it could ruin her longtime borderline sisterly friendship with RD.

Even tho someone stated here that Twilight x any other Mane 6 is inherently against the dynamic of Twilight treating her friends equally... sometimes I go with PinkieTwi, but it is moreso along the lines of Pinkie choosing Twilight, largely because of the dynamic of Twilight being the new friend, and because Pinkie's reality warping makes her the closest to Twilight's Alicorn-ness.

And because sexy science and Pinkie "restoring Twilight's faith" in Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Also SoarinDash because Rainbow Dash is confident and assertive and has a thing for "adorkable" but athletic/athletic despite being "adorkable" dudes.

And also Sparity because "it's almost literally canon".. well for that one... I am not particularly sexual about it. I do not always interpret the concept of shipping as "they would straight-up make out or screw". But... considering that Spike is a dragon... it kind of actually helps his case with the going on 20-year age difference, since he doesn't even experience the same lifestyle/rites of passage that ponies do, even if he is a familiar, neighborly member of the Ponyville community, and the physical and psychological notion of a dragon's maturity is totally different anyway, and not just on some "scale" (no pun intended) of who "ages faster or slower".

Therefore, when Spike is a "teenage" dragon and at least physically sized right for "serious stuff" or whatever with Rarity, and she is well into her 30s, this age difference won't amount to anything, because it is not like he's going to be a high-schooler the way ponies would be high-schoolers.

Okay I'm done. In recap, AppleDash is the boorish, oafish scum of the Earth (the entire reason I no longer have a crush on Ashleigh Ball, who, even if she doesn't literally ship it, touched upon it),

All of my ships have herpaderp guilty pleasure aggressive "smexy" reasoning behind them, except for Sparity.

AppleDash particularly sucks because it has neither the "sincere" flavor of stuff like FlutterDash nor any truly effective "smexy angst". There are background ponies who have more interesting chemistry in a fanshipping sense.

I'm going to bed.

Edited by GuillermoGage

Any pairing with a stallion. I'm sorry but the stallions in this show lack character development. Soarin, Fancy Pants, even Shining Armor, Big Mac and especially Flash lack depth and appear so infrequently compared to the female cast. At least with characters like Vinyl, Octavia, Lyra & BonBon we can imagine and be creative. But the stallions, even though they have appeared on the show, are just so two dimensional and parings involving them just seem to be there for the sake of having a heterosexual couple. It's like pairing somepony with a cardboard cutout. 

I actually don't like any of the ships from the fandom.It's just basically "Hey,these two are ponies,let's mash them together and see what kind of couple they'd make!" and then seeing what sticks and what doesn't.Especially the background ponies,since most,if not all,have no official background stories at all which allows them to basically become OCs that the fandom agrees upon.

• Brohoof 2