Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Oldest system you still play?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

My oldest would be the regular ol' NES. I have an Atari 2600 but sadly I do not have the hook ups for that one

i really love retro games. There's this store that sells so much old games and there was an Atari 2600 there. It was a cheap price too :0 they sell so much old games for great prices you CAN afford xD

• Brohoof 2

Well, my SNES still works like new, but I don't actually use it anymore.  I keep it because, well, just because.  But I just use my PC for all my retro gaming.  Every SNES game I own I also have emulated on my PC, and that's just easier and more convenient, and all the tools that the emulator affords are fun and handy.  I still play a lot of PC oldies as well, like Baldur's Gate and original Starcraft.  I still use my N64, though.  I pull thought out once a year or so and two a tour of all those games.

I'm also really big into new retro games, like You Have to Win the Game on Steam, or Risk of Rain.  Things like that.  And Humble Bundle.  Oh man, with Humble Bundle you can get more games than you could play in a lifetime.  So many unique, retro indie games.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

I must change laser on my PS2.

Most of my time with consoles I played on Sega Mega Drive. Ehh... I want back to these times... I must buy from somewhere this console. It's good for me I have a "Sonic" on my PC. But it's not the same like on Mega Drive.

And of course I played classics from NES. But... in Poland (and I think in all countries of former Eastern Bloc)we've had a fake version from Taiwan called "Pegasus".

Edited by decp

My 1989 Gameboy!  When it comes to playing Tetris and Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, going classic is the only real way to fully enjoy those games!

I actually have a see through Gameboy, where you can see all the parts underneath the casing. Got it at a garage sale with a few games and the old school carrying case for it, but it didn't work. I have few other Gameboys and after switching parts around, it's seriously my favorite of the Gameboy line....though I only play it for nostalgia factor because it guzzles batteries like a mermaid on land....

I own every system I have ever had (going back to the NES/GB) aside from the Wii, which I gave to friends. However, I don't really play any old systems. Only the Wii U, 3DS, and PS3.

• Brohoof 1

The gamecube technically wins that award. The GBA SP blows the gameboy out of the water and I don't really need to play on it.

But yeah, I have a really good library of games on the gamecube. Still waiting on a super Mario sunshine HD remake and I doubt there's ever going to be another custom robo game outside the DS one. Of course, there's also Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness...

Well, that would be my good ole NES. Honestly, I'm kida surprised it still works, but whenever I want to play Duck Hunt, Captain Skyhawk, or Solar Jetman (hardest game EVER) I can just plop them in and enjoy some good old school.

Like @Envy, I still have all the old systems I ever had, including the NES, SNES, Genesis, & such. So many memories, so much love. <3

Still enjoy playing my PS1 games on my PS2. Does that make the PS1 or PS2 my oldest system? :lol:

Driver, Demolition Racers... Ah, so many memories...  ^_^

I still play games on my GameCube, but I only have two games and stores obviously don't seen GameCube games anymore D:

I also used to have a NES and GBA until my dad gave them away because he thought they were "outdated".