Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Games that made up your childhood?

FirstPonySpectre

So recently I was looking through my old video games and I found a game I used to play a lot when I was younger. It's called Kessen. It's a strategy game for the PS2. I just started to play it again now and I thought I'd make this thread.

Which games do you remember from your childhood? Whether they're just nostalgic, really fun, or just downright bad and ruined your whole life. Just kidding on the last one, Ha ha. 

• Brohoof 2

Mostly just Sonic the Hedgehog games apparently, namely Sonic Adventure DX and 2:Battle. 

I was also really into Pokemon Channel, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Ty The Tasmanian Tiger.

So if it was on the Gamecube, I loved it. 

I'll yell from the rooftops that that's the best StarFox game, FIGHT ME BRO

tumblr_loc6chLb7W1qc9ixs.gif

My Reaction When I read this post

Nah, but real talk... We all know that the best Gamecube title was Resident Evil 4. (100% Fact. Scientists proved it with math.)

• Brohoof 2

tumblr_loc6chLb7W1qc9ixs.gif

My Reaction When I read this post

Nah, but real talk... We all know that the best Gamecube title was Resident Evil 4. (100% Fact. Scientists proved it with math.)

Holy hell yes, RE4 is the hypest shit o_o

Bomberman Generation - I remember playing that for ages, and me and my friend would play it a lot.

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga - what me and my friend did most of the time when we played the gamecube

Super Smash Brothers Melee - we played this too =L

On the computer:

Age of Empires I & II - played this for aaaaaaaages

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis - I'd play this for hours, and when I was done and bored with my park I'd let all the dinosaurs free!

Toontown - me and my friend played this a lot, I remember getting loads of sound gags and getting pretty far and being proud of that because I never dumped any money on the game, which made my efforts a lot harder

World of Warcraft - I started playing this towards the end of my 4th grade year in elementary school, and this game replaced all others for years to come

I played a bunch of other games, but those are the ones I majorly played as a kid up until the end of elementary school.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask hands down favorite game of my childhood.. As a kid I remember watching my older sister playing it on out N64 and loved it. Every time she played that game I was watching. When she went to college she took it with the N64. But recently I found a Zelda game that had four games on it that also had Majora's mask on it! So ever since I've gotten it i've been playing it. 

Bow down to Emerald. Truly the greatest of the Pokemons (Though I bought Omega Ruby today, so we'll see if it can keep that title..)

Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy and Sonic Heroes. Two excellent games for the PS2 which I spent way too many hours on. (Mainly beating Chaos Plant, because that magma tube at the end was horrible..)

And Sonic Advance...That was amazing...Shame the Zone 5 Boss was absolute hell and the Emeralds were nigh-on impossible to get.

I've got quite a number that I look back upon fondly. Mostly from age 6 to age 10+.

Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2.

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

Halo: Combat Evolved.

Halo 2.

Silent Hill 2.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Spyro and Crash Bandicoot were the only E-rated games I played, really. That kiddie stuff on Nintendo just did not appeal to me.

Well I pretty much played the Pokémon games all the time just like a lot of other people in here. From 2005 I played another game called Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth for a bunch of years until EA shut down the servers... :(Fuckers.

oh and how could I forget, the Worms games. Especially Worms World Party and Worms Armageddon!

Edited by Jokuc

Holy hell yes, RE4 is the hypest shit o_o

You know what else was pretty hype back in the day?

The "Army Men RTS" (The games name was Army Men R-T-S. 10/10 name) game for the gamecube. I doubt you've heard of it but lemme tell you. It was pretty great. I played the hell outta that game when I was little. 

I didn't really play any games when I was a kid :( The only things I did play were Pokemon Red and The Incredible Hulk game on my Gameboy Advance that one of my cousins gave to me when I was 10 or so :P Then I played Super Mario Bros. when I went to the bank with my mom since they had a game area ^_^

I didn't really get into gaming until I was 12 :squee:

Like most others, Pokemon is up on this list for me. Pretty much any PS1 game goes up here too. There was a series of lets plays I was looking at recently where a guy goes through all the Playstation Demo disks you used to get from magazines back in the day, just seeing demos of over half the games shown made me feel like reliving my childhood. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXUtKfBdY-4zIhIZFanhuJVCEV_6hVqlw

Nostalgia trip playlist!

I'm still a kid, but Mario games were what I mostly played during my childhood. I had an NES, Wii, GBA, and DS when I was younger. Good times! :3

On the computer, I played games like Toontown and Club Penguin. I've had so many great memories on there.

Edited by PonyLaces

One of my favorite PS2 games that I loved playing was War of the Monsters. That game was quite entertaining with an entire city demolished and you still battling it out with giant monsters. Ah the memories.

Another favorite was Burnout 3. It was of the last good burnout games in my opinion, crash mode was the best!

Good PC games I played were Empire Earth and Age of Empires 2. Both excellent RTS games