Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could Hasbro do to seriously anger the Brony fandom?

CosmicHooves

Now Hasbro has angered the fandom in the past, but nothing too serious.

But what could Hasbro do to just enrage the entire fandom?

I'll tell ya.

If they went back to the baby-styled MLP cartoon just like in generation 3.5 I'd be like...

• Brohoof 5

One thing that'll not make me excited is that if Spike ended up marrying Rarity. Why? Because I think his obsession with Rarity is ponyillogical (yes, I made up that word) and that Rarity only sees Spike as a cute baby dragon and a good helper.

• Brohoof 3

Complain about us. It's quite likely employees of Hasbro, even some of the highly ranked ones haven't seen FiM, therefore I think the worst thing those people could do would call bronies weird or something and then get caught. Imagine if someone in charge of making the toys or whatnot thought men and women buying them were weird or worse and then were caught admitting that

• Brohoof 7

I once had a dream, well maybe a nightmare, that they had the Annoying Orange on the show. Needless to say I ragequit the fandom right there, and even started typing up a post about how done with this shit I was. 

• Brohoof 12

Have Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle get married.

Have the rest of the Mane 6 become alicorns.

Send a cease and desist to Duo Cartoonist and make them delete Children of the Night.

The fandom would probably implode on itself if any of those things happened, though I doubt any of that will actually happen.

• Brohoof 13

Have the main six brutally and graphically executed by princess Celestia, and then have them replaced with blatant mary sues who look like Hasbro executives.  Then Celestia marries Tirek, who is now inexplicably an alicorn prince. Have Luna completely disappear from the show altogether. It's also important to have the new mary sue mane six do nothing but play with toys, and have them constantly exclaim how these toys are available at the nearest department store. And last but certainly not least, halve the quality of the animation, and have all songs be crappy auto-tuned garbage.

Or reintroduce Derpy into the show, only to have Twilight kick her in the face. Repeatedly. And not for any good reason either. Twilight does it just because kicking Derpy in the face makes her feel better about herself. 

• Brohoof 11

Above silliness aside, I do think Hasbro has a problem on their hands, even if they don't know it yet.

G4 has been a tremendous success, more so than they every expected, and I think G4 will continue for a few more years, but what we all know, and what Hasbro will eventually realize, (if they haven't already) it will be time to wind things down at some point. But at what point do you end it? At what point do you say it is time to start over? How do you match or top G4? How do you make it different? What do you keep? What do you throw away?

Fan bases can be finicky. Anything they do is going to split the established fan base, both the original target and the periphery. Anything they do is going to anger someone. This is already sort of a minor issue, with G4 fans vs G1-G3.5 fans, but whatever's coming is going to make things much worse, and Hasbro will have what Sega now has with Sonic the Hedgehog, a volatile, deeply divided, and generally unpleasable fan base.

Or I could be totally wrong. I usually am. Pardon my wandering, unfocused ramble. Never was good at expressing my thoughts. :P

Edited by Marble Didymus
  • Brohoof 4

Ooooh, this is a fun topic! :lol: some of these suggestions are truly cringe worthy. :P

-If everypony in Equestria turned into an alicorn.

-Twilight Marries Flash Sentry and he is still a bland, pointless character.

-have some kind of bad crossover with another Hasbro show

-Kill off one of the mane 6

-Turns out Equestria is a whole different planet, humans colonize it, and oppress the ponies.

-Pinkie explodes (twice) and turns into JarJar Binks from Star Wars.

-The Mane 6 undergo some age regression turning them into fillies, and they stay that way and act like children for the rest of the show.

-The mane 6 start acting very unlike themselves, just to fit an episode.

-They push trying to sell toys too hard.

-The show comes under new management, and it turns sucky.

And worst of all:

-At the end of G4 series, Megan (the Human from G1) wakes up... and it was all just a dream... :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 5

-Sue random people based on fanfic/fanart/pmvs and over all content

-Make the Mane Six Alicorns

-Making gen 4 into a clone of Gen 3 in every way.

-Have Twilight taken out of the show all togeather

-Turn the cannons into shallows mirrors of themselves

-End the show on a huge open note with no real closing

-Push back season 5 to next year

-Pair up the mane six with boyfriends

• Brohoof 3

Kill off a fan favorite, that simple :( It would be the end of a peaceful and happy Brony fandom as we know it :angry:

I'll let Applebloom elaborate more :catface:  :umad:

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1