Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What could Hasbro do to seriously anger the Brony fandom?

CosmicHooves

Cancel the series, simply put.

You know the show will end its era by about 2017 after the movie comes out. So season 5 or 6 will be the last. When you think about it, it's not much longer..... ;-;

Not only her real mother, but the only mother she's ever known, completely retconning the very existence of Twilight Velvet.

Wait, then would that mean Shining Armor wouldn't be her real brother?? So much for bbbff...

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, one of the executives could cough or something?
This fandom is even more explosive than sticks of nitroglycerin coated in tannerite adjacent to a lava flow and the Trinity test.

I'm sure they'd piss everybody off by delaying Season 5.

• Brohoof 1

They release another Equestria Girls movie that shows that the parallel world of Ponies is a delusion...then all the human mane 6 characters go off into the sunset and the series ends.....

THEN LOCUSTS AND FROGS FALL FROM THE SKY AND EVERY FIRST BORN DIES!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Brohoof 2

Wait, then would that mean Shining Armor wouldn't be her real brother?? So much for bbbff...

Obviously, he'd be her father, and Celestia's ex-husband.

This would add a bit of much-needed tension between Celestia's Equestria and Cadence's Crystal Empire, and the threat of armed conflict between the two nations would loom over the series, with Twilight trapped in the middle. ("Can't my mum and my new step-mum just get along?")

Oh, and then it turns into a pony remake of The Parent Trap.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 2

So many of you voiced my concerns, but my biggest concern would be Hasbro cutting t

Season 5 short like they did Season 3, then ending the series right after.

I'm sure there will be cries of blood of that happened!

• Brohoof 1

Season 5 short like they did Season 3, then ending the series right after.

The writing, voice recordings, etc is pretty much already done as I understand it, so it would be pretty late in the day now to cut the season short. If they did, then they'd probably just end up rolling the extra episodes over into a sixth season, or working the material for them into the 2017 film that's been announced.

I think that given there's going to be the film, it seems likely that the TV series will continue at least until that's been released, which means that a sixth season is fairly likely to happen.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

They release another Equestria Girls movie that shows that the parallel world of Ponies is a delusion...then all the human mane 6 characters go off into the sunset and the series ends.....

THEN LOCUSTS AND FROGS FALL FROM THE SKY AND EVERY FIRST BORN DIES!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

XD It's the plague all over again!!! Wait, I'm a first born....  :wacko:  :(

Having spoken with a few friends, I can promise you that Hasbro has definitely seriously angered at least some of the fandom before. I'm not sure what they could do to enrage the entirety of it, though.

I mean okay, I doubt any of these ideas will happen (besides ending the show, it has to happen eventually...) but just imagine if they did...? Like they complain about us, mock us, say Equestria Girls are the new direction and goodbye ponies, go back to G3, or air a mature episode... How would the fan base react!?!? Its kind of a scary thought!

Turns out Equestria is a whole different planet, humans colonize it, and oppress the ponies.

that could be interesting, depending on how they do it.

I don't think I'd want it to happen, but if it did.

(*^ω^)/~*:・゚✧ I'd want Celestia to rain death down upon the human invaders as the brony audience cheers.

The worst thing that could happen in my opinion is!

• Cancelling the show before season five, and not even giving us the episodes already made. just deleting them. I can honestly say that I've had nightmares about such things (⊙-⊙) sure wish Luna would save me.
  • Flash sentry being introduced as a main character in the show.
  • Flash sentry not being dead. (JK, but seriously though)
  • killing off any of the main six.
  • Getting rid of the CMC and replacing them with new and hip teen stereotypes. growing up is fine though, just be wary of the stereotypes. 
  • Discord not learning his lesson from season four finale. he was great there because he finally realized that friendship is magic. but if he pulls dis crap again. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I'd flip so many tables.
  • making Rarity X spike canon. it's only cute if it's a one sided crush.
  • giving Vinyl scratch a speaking line without having Jessi nowack voice act. (am I the only one who would be disappointed?)

there are a lot of things they could do, but I honestly don't think I have to worry. 

their gonna do a great job on season five! I just know it.

(๑・ω-)~♥

XD It's the plague all over again!!! Wait, I'm a first born....  :wacko:  :(

(≧∇≦)/ I'm not a first born! bad news for my sister though lolololololololololololololol

• Brohoof 2

Have the series milked out into seasonal rot. I'd much rather it end early, so that was it can be remembered as a great series.

You either die a great show, or you live long enough to see yourself become Spongebob.

• Brohoof 2

I'll tell ya what would piss me off big time...

LOVE INTERESTS that aren't there for pure comedic purposes (Such as that Rarity / Blueblood one in the first season )

I can't be alone here. You know if Hasbro had one of the ponies get into a relationship, no matter WHAT the case.

Also... Can we be honest here... MLP:FiM has so many ships or OTP's it could make an armada. 

img-3383358-1-tumblr_inline_mm2t56DWyF1q

RELEVANT IMAGE (Even though the only ship I care about what-so-ever is Vinyl Scratch x Octavia.) 

Lol this. So much this. I made an OC who I designed to be the perfect stallion for Celestia. This sort of works well since in the show I doubt she will ever get a love interest. The fanbase seems to want her to be a lesbian though. Heck for that matter if it were up to most of the fanbase probably everpony in the show would be homosexual lol. At least the mares.

Flash sentry being introduced as a main character in the show. Flash sentry not being dead. (JK, but seriously though)

OMG I totally agree. It already took a little while for me to work up to watching Equestria Girls, and then when Flash Sentry was introduced, I was thinking, :eww: "Just....No. Don't. Please think of the children."

Discord not learning his lesson from season four finale. he was great there because he finally realized that friendship is magic. but if he pulls dis crap again. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I'd flip so many tables.

Yeah, I'm interested in how they're gonna do Discord this season, (which they better have :( ). He can't be all "lord of chaos" but he's not exactly happy or free in Equestria. Maybe he should just go and make his own country or something, idk! :umad:

• Brohoof 2

I don't know, giving Twilight wings, making her the princess of basically nothing, making her library blow up and raising a random castle out of its ashes would come to mind.

• Brohoof 1

Many would probably say FlashLight or shipping with any Mane 6 character but according to the EQD poll, most bronies won't seeing the mane 6 getting stallions.

So yeah...

I guess aside from the usual (shorter episodes or outright canceling) and knowing the fandom, there woud be only one thing that would bring the fandom into a killing spree:

Humans.

Hell, they just need to a make tiny little reference to the possibilty of humans existing or having existed in equestria and the forums and comment sections will be filled with "EWWW Humans!", "NOOOO! GET THOSE THINGS OUT OF MY PURE PONY SHOW!!!", "I'M QUITTING THE SHOW! FUCK HUMANS!", ect....

Yep, definitely this.

Sounds about right.

Cue misanthropic fan fiction where the so called 'good ponies' kill all humans.

9. If humans showed up and the show divebombed into anti-human propaganda.

10. If The Conversion Bureau happened.

This would really be the worst possible thing for this show ever to do.

Would be kinda funny to see canon ponies smashing TCB Ponies though. XD

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

As far as I know, they could do enough of their usual BS until they push people into making campaigns to convince lawmakers to update their copyright laws.

Edited by vgmaster9

*Rest of mane 6 become alicorns

*Give Vinyl Scratch a voice actor who isn't Nowacking

*Make Twilight and Flash a canon couple

*Complain about bronies

*Completely ban Derpy from being a background pony

*Make fan content illegal

*Stop third parties from making awesome merch like WeLoveFine and Funko

• Brohoof 1