US Voice actors you'd like to see in MLP?

TheMisterManGuy

Voicing an actual bobcat :D

It's so obvious and I didn't even think of it!  That's pretty much the best of idea in the history of ideas.  We must inform Hasbro of this immediately.

It's prolly been said, but I want to see Doctor Whooves say a couple lines, spoken by David Tenant. 

Oh, and the next villain should be voiced by Benedict Cumberbach OR Eartha Kitt (The lady who played Yzma in Emperor's New Groove).

Isn't Eartha Kitt dead unfortunetly?

It's prolly been said, but I want to see Doctor Whooves say a couple lines, spoken by David Tenant. 

Oh, and the next villain should be voiced by Benedict Cumberbach OR Eartha Kitt (The lady who played Yzma in Emperor's New Groove).

Eartha Kitt died in 2008. :blush:  But I loved her as Yzma.

There are some actors I would love to hear on MLP--not celebrities, but people who really understand the art of voice acting and have put years into it, like Tara Strong. Tress MacNeille is one. Her resume is a laundry list of cartoon awesomeness: Gadget from Rescue Rangers, Agnes Skinner and many other characters from The Simpsons, Mom from Futurama, Babs Bunny from Tiny Toon Adventures, Dot from Animaniacs. She's an excellent, energetic VA with good range and she can sing to boot.

Crispin Freeman would be great too, especially as a villain.  :sneer:

Nowacking

David Tennant

I'm fairly certain this thread is about US voice actor only. Otherwise I'd say there needs to be an episode with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. They could be two ponies that mess with one of the characters for a bit of fun before it goes out of hand.

As for voice actors that fit the rules of this thread, how about Matt Chapman? You know, from Homestar Runner and Gravity Falls. As much as I'd also like to say Ross Scott, he kind of moved over to Poland.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™

Sacha Baron Cohen as Pinkie Pie's twin - separated at birth form family.

Whoopi Goldberg as Zecora's mom in a backstory-fro-Zecora episode.

Tom Waits as a drifter.

And yeah, I know he's British, but Alan Rickman for an especially evil villain.  And Viggo Mortensen as his downtrodden minion, who defects to the ponies and brings about the villian's demise, with the help of Discord.

How is it that nobody ever says Kevin Michael Richardson? His voice is every bit as entrancing and sexy as that of Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones, but he does have a greater range than either of them, and his voice is deeper. He'd be better suited to a villainous role.

I wouldn't mind seeing John DiMaggio or Tom Kenny. John's been in lots of good stuff lately and Tom could use some more work once Spongebob ends. in the next few months. I'd also really like to see Roger Craig Smith. The guy has some sick range. He can go from Chris Redfield to Sonic the Hedgehog.

I would love to hear Arleen Sorkin as an antagonist, perhaps one that is similar to Trixie's role. It would be awesome to have 2 Harleys in FiM :please: 

Jack Black for an episode would be great, I mean his voice just fits with everything ya know!?

Getting back to the topic, Black could voice a special kind of pony but he would just appear for one episode

• 2 weeks later...

If he was still alive, i'd say Tony Jay, cuz, come on, who wouldn't wanna see Shere Khan as a pony? In fact if he was still alive, Tony Jay would have made an awesome Tirek.

Michael Ironside aka Darkseid from Superman/Justice League Animated. He can voice a major villain.

Michael Rosenbaum aka Flash from JLA and Lex Luthor from SmallVille. Have him play Flash Wing who is a fast Pegasus with the wit similar to Flash from JLA.

Edited by Singe

Billy West (Stimpy, Phillip J Fry, Profesor Farnseworth, red M&M commercial guy) would be cool. I think his trademark voice would fit well, in pony form

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Tim Curry!

He would be excellent to play a deliciously, lip curlingly, eeeeevil villain. Imagine if he did the voice for Grogar!

Ron Pearlman also. Not for any particular reason I just think he's an awesome guy and would like to see what role he would play.

Peter Dinklage. Tell me you don't want to see an expy of Tyrion Lannister in Equestria!

• Brohoof 4

Well, if you're limiting to US VA only, I got some of them:

-Roger Craig Smith

-Kevin Conroy because....

Batmanlaserieanimadater.jpg

-Nolan North: COME ON? WHO WOULDN'T WANT TROLLPOOL VOICING A PONY

deadpool_icon___png_by_axeswy-d6alhm4.pn

Edited by Midnox
  • Brohoof 1

Pff, could be good. I hope that the season 5 villain is spoken by Bray Wyatt (though it's very unlikely.)

Anyway, eventhough he's dead since almost 9 years, i would've loved if Tony Jay would've done a voice. I really loved him as Frollo in Hunchback and as Megabyte in Reboot.

Also, don't forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwwj5c2HAU8&x-yt-cl=84924572&x-yt-ts=1422411861

you have made me feel so old now i remember watching the tom and jerry movie :o

David Tennant for Dr. Whooves.

it's got to happen really :P

• Brohoof 1

Clancy Brown, Mark Hamill or James Earl Jones.

Alas, the eternally sultry Eartha Kitt has left us, but I would agree! (Also agree on David Tenant, or, heck, any surviving Doctor.)

Tim Curry!

He would be excellent to play a deliciously, lip curlingly, eeeeevil villain. Imagine if he did the voice for Grogar!

He's done it, too! Watch Ferngully.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...