Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your opinion on teenagers?

MysticShine

As a teenager myself, I am surrounded by all of the teenage stereotypes. You have no idea what's is like having to deal with these freaking apes on a daily basis. Immature, ignorant, loud, obnoxious, spoiled brats, lack of intelligence, lack of good tastes, lack of respect for other people, you name it. I have a particular hatred for my generation, and for very obvious reasons. *sigh*

Mate, I'm 14 and I am fully aware about how good I have it compared to other people in the world :P

I even go to a fancy private school, and this is so true, you speak truth

• Brohoof 1

Teenagers themselves, nothing major. Now the high schoolers, those are the problem. Anyone who can remember/is currently in high school knows that high schoolers are VICIOUS, at least in America. No idea why. Trust me, I'm speaking as a high schooler

• Brohoof 3

What do they get fed?! Because they I've met a 15 yr old and i swear to god she looked like she was 21 she was taller then me as well and I'm 22...I get carded for rated r movies because i don't look old enough. WTF?

• Brohoof 1

I cannot give a simple answer, for not all teenagers are the same. Teenagers are basically 13-18 year olds, which means the level of maturity varies from person to person.

As an 18 year old, I am legally an adult, but I still call myself a teenager. Why? Because I still have the emotional and mental attributes of a teenager. Being 18 is like a bridge between being a teenager and being an adult; I am still learning, but I am not exactly ready for the "real world" per se. As for people younger than me, well some can be immature like a child, while others are more mature like adults. Every single teenager is unique in their own way; whether they follow the latest trends, do drugs, join clubs, play sports and so on. Not every teenager is a reckless juvenile who does nothing but parties all day. In fact, I am blessed to know quite a few wonderful individuals I am proud to call my friends. The point I am making is, teenagers are still learning and growing. Curiosity gets the best of some, and that is part of the growing process. It would only be a matter of time before they truly understand what the world is really like.

From my own personal experience, the people I attend school with can be quite the nuisances. It's extremely difficult to be with some of my peers because I am somewhat mature for my age. I don't go around saying stupid things that would only get me into trouble. Rather, I am semi-reserved, but can be outgoing too (if that makes any sense). The behavior I see everyday is bothersome, and I am anticipating the end of the school year so that I may move onto the next chapter in my life: college.

Teenagers themselves, nothing major. Now the high schoolers, those are the problem. Anyone who can remember/is currently in high school knows that high schoolers are VICIOUS, at least in America. No idea why. Trust me, I'm speaking as a high schooler

Amen! I swear, a lot of teenagers I have met are like little children. They do not know when enough is enough in terms of behavior. Especially the freshman. :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, after i first met some teenagers i was scared.

Im very quite and shy and most of the other teens were just hyperactive or loud, constantly mocking each other and constantly asking me, if i doesnt wanna do the same.

I just had no idea what do do with them.

As long as i was a Teenager i never became friends with them.

Mostly of them listened to that wannabe Ghetto Rap Songs...and...well...no thanks.

And the rest of them just bullied me or were trying to annoy me.

At one point i got kinda a friend who invited me in a group. It was a group of Emos and surprisingly those were happy guys and not depressed at all. They were actually nice and i actually liked them, at some point some of them even invited me into his house.

I thought i had finally met some teenagers who were not crazy.

But that was just a mistake...a horrible mistake...

First of all the house was just dirty, the couch kinda burned, everywhere old food and cigarettes...and it was the house of a girl, i mean...WTF??  :wacko:

Then the best part came, some random guy i never met before, came to us and showed us a picture of his s*** he took with his phone, because he said it looked like the eiffel tower...and the girl even found the picture funny !

At that moment i was just like:

SCREW THAT, IM OUTTA HERE!!

And i never spoke to any of those guys ever again, it was horrible...no thanks, i had enough of teenagers and im MORE than happy that im finally to old to become friends with them.

Whenever i see teenagers im just like :

Oh god no...teenagers...

Edited by FLUTTERSHY MLP
  • Brohoof 1

Amen! I swear, a lot of teenagers I have met are like little children. They do not know when enough is enough in terms of behavior. Especially the freshman. :/

Here is how I see it:

Freshmen are cocky

Sophomores are insane

Juniors are downright horrible

Seniors are uppity/lazy because they just want to be done (I'm that one, to be honest ><")

• Brohoof 3

The only thing I can say definitively about how I feel about teenagers is that they never actually know as much as they think they do. I was definitely like that, even though I told myself I wasn't. You get so much more perspective as you get older, even from something like going from your teens to early/mid twenties, which is where I'm at, and I'm sure I'll have similar feelings about my 20-something self when I'm in my thirties.

That being said, it's a little worse for teenagers since the parts of their brains that control critical thinking and decision making are literally not completely developed yet. That sure lead to some fun times back in the day, but also a lot of dumb decisions and misunderstandings xD

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 2

The only thing I can say definitively about how I feel about teenagers is that they never actually know as much as they think they do. I was definitely like that, even though I told myself I wasn't. You get so much more perspective as you get older, even from something as going from your teens to early/mid twenties, which is where I'm at, and I'm sure I'll have similar feelings about my 20-something self when I'm in my thirties.

That being said, it's a little worse for teenagers since the parts of their brains that controls critical thinking and decision making are literally not completely developed yet. That sure lead to some fun times back in the day, but also a lot of dumb decisions and misunderstandings xD

Sorry about the brohoofing unbrohoofing then rebrohoofing, I had to show how much I agreed with this

PS Don't forget the hormones acting on the system! That sure helps the whole decision making process! [/sarcasm]

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 1

Here is how I see it:

Freshmen are cocky

Sophomores are insane

Juniors are downright horrible

Seniors are uppity/lazy because they just want to be done (I'm that one, to be honest ><")

My friends were pretty insane their Freshmen year. They could have got arrested for vandalizing school property, and at one point, the school did threaten to get the police involved.

My friends were pretty insane their Freshmen year. They could have got arrested for vandalizing school property, and at one point, the school did threaten to get the police involved.

Ouch, didn't have those things going on at my high school, mostly just fights and the like  :blink: Always was the same two girls, actually... I think the worst (or funniest) part of it was that no one liked them to the point that teachers sometimes applauded during the fights and it took the cop (yes we have a cop roaming the hallways) to separate them on the first and third occasions... A mutual friend did the second time though, but again not before a ton of cheering and betting passed by...

PS I swear my spelling has gotten worse as I've reached teenagehood: In 3rd grade I Spelling Bee'd an 8th grader to a draw but now I can't spell words I've been spelling all my life -_-

• Brohoof 1

Ouch, didn't have those things going on at my high school, mostly just fights and the like  :blink: Always was the same two girls, actually... I think the worst (or funniest) part of it was that no one liked them to the point that teachers sometimes applauded during the fights and it took the cop (yes we have a cop roaming the hallways) to separate them on the first and third occasions... A mutual friend did the second time though, but again not before a ton of cheering and betting passed by...

PS I swear my spelling has gotten worse as I've reached teenagehood: In 3rd grade I Spelling Bee'd an 8th grader to a draw but now I can't spell words I've been spelling all my life -_-

What's really odd is that they weren't really trouble makers that got suspended a great deal. One of my friends had a talent for destroying things, the other pressured him to do it, and the other one just went with the flow.

Here's a list of what they did: Teepeed the bathroom with toilet paper, spray painted ******* on the wall, broke locks on doors, stole from the gym, stuck gum on TV speakers, broke desks, went down to the old pool that is no longer in use, shattered lights, shoved markers in computer hard drives, and drew obscene things on their desks.

What's really odd is that they weren't really trouble makers that got suspended a great deal. One of my friends had a talent for destroying things, the other pressured him to do it, and the other one just went with the flow.

Here's a list of what they did: Teepeed the bathroom with toilet paper, spray painted ******* on the wall, broke locks on doors, stole from the gym, stuck gum on TV speakers, broke desks, went down to the old pool that is no longer in use, shattered lights, shoved markers in computer hard drives, and drew obscene things on their desks.

That's what we call vandalism lol, which is kind of illegal in more ways than just school rules XD

• Brohoof 2

Well seeing as I am a teenager, I don't mind my peers most of them in my area (Rural/Suburban England) and school (I do go to a church school though...) are usually pretty swell guys.

There one guy in my school who is like the Teenagers you are scared of. But he is often isolated from the rest of the school so no one really feels threatened by the guy.

Also I don't know if you get it in your school but the students seem to be segregated:

• GCSE Students (Years 10/11) are treated more nicer than the Year 7/8/9 Students
  • The heavily religious students and the few atheist students argue with each other all the time
  • Not-so religious students like myself keep getting thrown into the Atheist / Religious war at my school

As some examples. 

Edited by EddG
  • Brohoof 1

When you say teenagers an image emerges into my head:

A group of boys in their hoodies and some girls lurking  in the corners, hanging at the mall, smoking and looking so tough. I am afraid of those people and I avoid going close to those groups as much as possible.

I know all teenagers aren't like that but people like that bullied me always and that has created some sort of defence system into me. :fluttershy:

I am nothing like that btw
  • Brohoof 2

I still remember being one so I can of course understand that is a very confusing and awkward time so I cut them slack on certain things but in my own personal experience I went through more bullying in my teen years than my early and mid childhood years combined which honestly baffles me because you would think it would be the opposite. Of course they are a diverse group so I can't generalize too much but still.

• Brohoof 2

well... being one myself, I from some people appearently am one of the nicest teens out there. :fluttershy: (huh) .... then again most adults look at me in disgust sometimes

Edited by KrazyDashie

I don't care much for teenagers. They aren't mature enough to know the way of tthe world but they still think they know what's best. I was ok with teenagers when I was one, and I don't mind the ones at my church so much but I prefer volunteering with the younger kids because they're easier to figure out. If The Walking Dead games are any indication, it probably isn't a good idea to travel with teenagers during a zombie apocalypse. They're a bigger liability than children.

I don't mind teenagers at all. Sure some can really annoy the shit out of me but most I can act like a kid again around them so it makes me feel younger again. I work with a few teenage girls and they are by far the funnest group to work around and they work really hard and they listen tome without back talking unless they are just playing. 

I, being a teenager, don't think that people are fair to teenagers. Most adults see teenagers and they think "ugh. teenagers" but in reality, teens are people too and not all of them are the rude snarky jerks that people make them out to me. All of my friends are teens (obviously) and they are some of the nicest people you could meet. I don't just think this because I'm their friend. They really are good people and they are very smart. Unfortunately, most people have bad memories from their teen years and see teens being irritating, awful tornadoes of destruction or spray-painting buildings in spare time or something but teens are human beings and some of them just suck. You can't hate an entire group of people for 7 years of their life just because of their age.

• Brohoof 2