Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anything that reminds you of MLP besides MLP?

Soaring Symphony

Well, in regards to general tone I tend to compare the original series of Spyro the Dragon (Insomniac trilogy, Enter the Dragonfly, A Hero's Tail) video games. I think they're pretty similar in the light-hearted tone.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I listen to songs that because of a PMV or just where my thoughts were at the time of listening, now make me think of MLP.

-You're gonna go far kid by the Offspring

-King and Queens by 30 seconds to Mars

-Heroes of our time by Dragonforce

-Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

RWBY for a mainly female centric cast, magnificent fantasy world, and just generally being similarly the greatest thing since sliced bread right alongside MLP: FiM.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Alan Wake for an excellent crossover fanfic that always comes to mind when I think of the source video game.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

In general, Fallout now makes me think of MLP for reasons that should be obvious.

• Brohoof 3

To a certain extent Littlest Pet Shop (2012) because it is made by a lot of the same people who work on MLP FIM to be honest.

Also Minka may or may not (but mostly is) a poor man's version of Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 2

To a certain extent Littlest Pet Shop (2012) because it is made by a lot of the same people who work on MLP FIM to be honest.

Also Minka may or may not (but mostly is) a poor man's version of Pinkie Pie.

Minkamena?

(Sorry, I don't actually know anything about Littlest Pet Shop, but I couldn't resist when I heard the name.)

• Brohoof 2

- The Arthur episode "That's a Baby Show" reminds me of how I ended up becoming a brony because (SPOILER ALERT) it involves Arthur getting into a children's show that he thought he wouldn't like.

- Horses, Pegasus, and Unicorns in general remind me of MLP.

• Brohoof 2

I can't help but wonder, what is RWBY?????

What is? . . . . What is? . . . WHAT IS RWBY?!  :o

I'll tell you! No! Better yet, show you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-svv3qS0vY

In all seriousness, it's an animated series about the titular team RWBY, lead by Ruby Rose. They live in a world menaced by soulless monsters called the Grimm, humans have been able to establish a civilization in the darkness thanks to a material called dust. It powers all of their technology and can be used like magic by people who know how. Ruby is training to become a huntress along with her friends to protect the world from the threats from beyond . . . and within.

• Brohoof 1

- Horses and their mythological variants obviously.

- Popular songs that are used in PMVs.

- Shows or episodes that have friendship as a moral.

- Any show made by Hasbro. (Even Transformers)

- Ash turning into stone reminds me of Twilight turning into stone nowadays.

- Rocks...

• Brohoof 1

steven-universe

-Themes of friendship and family

-Bright colored super heroes saving the world

-Magic

-Learn life lesssons

-Coming of age moments

-Light humor

-Nice style of animations that stands out

• Brohoof 4

There's many songs, and such that I sometimes compare to mlp. It's strange how certain things can trigger different things in peoples minds, depending upon who you are. Someone could easily compare something to mlp, but another person could just find that to be crazy. Not sure if I'm making any sense with the way I'm explaining this. I just think it's kinda weird how people can see such different things in the same things.  

tumblr_mczkpzDjf11rtlt0ro1_500.png

I have been involved in touhou much longer than mlp and both fandoms remind me of the other all the time lol. Even though one centers around a tv show and the other a game, they are just too similar and both have extremely active and awesome fans.

Honestly, pretty much everything, since my brain likes making often crazy connections to something I like for amusement. Like a couple of songs.

"Cause' my heart breaks a little when I hear your neigh"

• Brohoof 1

Every time I see a show with a pony voice actor working there (Tara Strong most of the time, for obvious reasons), the first thing I remember, is their pony roles 

• Brohoof 3

Many elements of Child of Light, one of my favorite games of all time, reminds me a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, including its music, artwork, tone, and overall moral/spiritual foundation.

• Brohoof 3

Difficult to pinpoint anything beyond the obvious like some elements of Star Trek, thanks to John de Lancie's involvement with that and MLP. Little things in life cause me to think about about MLP all the time. To be completely honest, nearly every waking moment of a day is spent thinking about MLP or the fandom for one reason or another. Kind of obsessive, I know, but I'm happy with it :P

• Brohoof 3

Many elements of Child of Light, one of my favorite games of all time, reminds me a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, including its music, artwork, tone, and overall moral/spiritual foundation.

When I listen to the Capili village music, I imagine a cute filly happily hopping through the fields  :wub:

• Brohoof 1